• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Magma and Obsidian Volcano Bubblers

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I hope it makes the balloon less harsh!. It seems to dry out my throat really quick.
It absolutely will! This is the main benefit, IMO, to our bubbler solution versus the Bag-to-Bong method, you get the added humidity from heat directly at the humidification source and keeps your vapor nice and humid, ie no more dry throat :)

Kins

It absolutely will! This is the main benefit, IMO, to our bubbler solution versus the Bag-to-Bong method, you get the added humidity from heat directly at the humidification source and keeps your vapor nice and humid, ie no more dry throat :)

Awesome. Can't wait! Supposedly according to tracking it'll be here today by 9PM. That's strange though because it's still 3 states away from me. If not today it'll be here for sure tomorrow.

MinnBobber

Humidity is the key to better feeling vapor!
All vaped buds are very very very dry and only slightly warm.
The vapor needs humidity, not cooling.

Put a hot washcloth over your mouth and nose and breath in deeeep. Soothing very moist water vapor.

MinnBobber,

Kins

I'm loving mine. The only problem is it gets dirty really quickly and starts getting harsh. I have to clean it daily.

Kins,

Kins

My Obsidian from Magma let me take HUGE CLOUDY rips at 446 without any heat issues. I’ve had it for at least a month and I can definitely tell the difference from when I have it on and when I’m not using it. I really love it!

I like mine but I can't hardly handle rips at max temp, I cough like crazy and it's not fun.

Kins,

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I like mine but I can't hardly handle rips at max temp, I cough like crazy and it's not fun.
What kind of water are you using? We always recommend distilled or deionized if you have access to it, as other other can have added minerals (for taste) and can effect the humidity.

Magma_Industries,

Kins

What kind of water are you using? We always recommend distilled or deionized if you have access to it, as other other can have added minerals (for taste) and can effect the humidity.

I just use tap water. I have access to distilled at the supermarket though. What about Piece Water?. Is it ok to use that?. Seriously, does anyone know if it would be safe?. I'm just worried if I spill some because piece water isn't just water...

Last edited:

ghost7ateoh

I have had the Obsidian for 5 months or so and using it with my Volcano Hybrid. I have mixed opinions with it but it certainly cools down the vapor to a much more comfortable temperature.

The issue I have with using the Obsidian is when using the whip it creates so much additional draw restriction that it is not enjoyable to use via whip anymore. When using it with the bags it causes quite a bit of additional moisture left in the bags which they recommend you air out the bags by keeping something opening the valve. The problem this has caused for my bags is that it bends the rubber seals on the easy valve bags which cause them to leak significant amounts of vapor on future sessions.

I’m not sure if I’m going to continue using this as the drawbacks are significant for me.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I just use tap water. I have access to distilled at the supermarket though. What about Piece Water?. Is it ok to use that?. Seriously, does anyone know if it would be safe?. I'm just worried if I spill some because piece water isn't just water...
Yea this could definitely be effecting it. I'm not sure about Piece Water as I haven't really tried it, but as a general principle you want the cleanest and most pure water available to you, as whatever is in the water will inevitably enter your vapor stream via humidification.

Ghost... feel free to shoot us an email with some pics of your vent holes, and if we can find something in our inventory that has larger holes I'd be happy to exchange it for you so that you can enjoy your Whip more. For the bags... yea the humidity accumulates inside the bag and has to be vented, but while we recommend and suggest opening the vents to help it happen faster, you shouldn't have a problem just leaving it without holding the flaps open. I haven't personally done that with mine (keeping the flaps open) for years and don't have any issues, just something to consider especially if you have a clean water source.

Magma_Industries,

Kins

Piece water website said:
Piece Water Solution is absolutely safe and non toxic. It's made from food grade all natural vegetable, mineral, and fruit extracts.

Also it's thicker so it may not evaporate as fast as regular water. Also it may take longer to heat up. I'm thinking it may take longer to get things heated and working but it'll keep things cleaner longer.

I think it would ok to try out at least.

Kins,

ghost7ateoh

Yea this could definitely be effecting it. I'm not sure about Piece Water as I haven't really tried it, but as a general principle you want the cleanest and most pure water available to you, as whatever is in the water will inevitably enter your vapor stream via humidification.

Ghost... feel free to shoot us an email with some pics of your vent holes, and if we can find something in our inventory that has larger holes I'd be happy to exchange it for you so that you can enjoy your Whip more. For the bags... yea the humidity accumulates inside the bag and has to be vented, but while we recommend and suggest opening the vents to help it happen faster, you shouldn't have a problem just leaving it without holding the flaps open. I haven't personally done that with mine (keeping the flaps open) for years and don't have any issues, just something to consider especially if you have a clean water source.
I appreciate the offer and i'll consider it but it might be a headache due to me being an International customer. When I received this I had quite the duty/import charge and I wouldn't want to incur any additional costs on this as I'm not sure how long I will be keeping my Volcano Hybrid.

ghost7ateoh,

Kins

I went to clean mine with iso and salt tonight,

IMG-20200805-220417352.jpg

IMG-20200805-220420293.jpg

Kins

Make better or stronger glass. I literally dropped it no more than 4 inches. Sorry for consecutive posts, I don't see an edit button for my last post.

Kins,

conanOrien

Hey All - I just wanted to write an update describing my experiences with the Obsidian after a year.

I'm always trying to find the most optimal usage/storage/maintenance procedure for my pieces, and this one is no exception. I'll be sharing some of my favorite tips and tricks.

This thing is an absolute must with any Volcano, but ESPECIALLY with the Hybrid. It makes sessions so easy going and enjoyable.

My favorite way to hit the Hybrid has been direct draw using either the whip or just straight up stickin' my dirty maw on the end of the Obsidian. The Obsidian+Hybrid combo is an incredible improvement on the experience of hitting the stock Hybrid. It makes the S&B Mighty seem harsh, even at max temp (230C)!

Using the whip with the Obsidian is not as intuitive as you may think. I made a post earlier in this thread showing how to make this a bit better with some spare O-rings. I've iterated a bit on my solution, and now use the following setup:

What you're looking at here is the top stem of the Obsidian. I have a spare O-ring at the base of the male glass fitting, and I've slipped a small piece of 1/2 inch silicone tubing onto the fitting. (This is the same size tubing as is used in the Hybrid's whip) This forms a solid, air-tight seal with the Hybrid's tube flexer. You basically just twist it on and you're off to the races. Once done, hang the whip up somewhere to dry out.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of using the Obsidian with bags. It's the drying time for me. I don't use bags much anyway so it's not a dealbreaker. I don't have a spare filling chamber, so I use a straw to facilitate drying, like so.

There's a little finesse to drying these out. I found that just sticking a straw in and leaving it for a while degrades the seals on the bags. To combat this, I push the straw in and then pull it out before leaving it to dry. The idea is that you want quadrants on the seal to be pulled outward rather than pushed in. This way as the seal degrades the bag's mouthpiece will apply pressure against it, reinforcing the seal and preventing leaks.

Cleaning has been a breeze. At the end of each session I empty the Hybrid's bowl and dump out any water in the Obsidian. Then I run max temp air through it for 2-3 minutes to help evaporate any stubborn remaining drops.

For deep cleaning, I followed Magma Industries' advice and grabbed a few bottles of Grunge-Off. This shit is the tops. I have a large mason jar full that I keep under the sink. Don't dump it out! It's re-usable!!!

When it's cleaning time, I run max temp air for a few minutes to get the Obsidian hot. Then I pop it off the filling chamber and into the mason jar where it sits overnight. The next morning, I flip the Obsidian over and return it to the jar. A few hours pass and bing bam boom, crystal clear and good as new. If I could improve this process, I would get a bigger jar so as to completely submerge the Obsidian and eliminate the need for flipping.

The last little nugget of advice is related to storage. I picked up an OXO air tight container and added a towel to the bottom for padding. Then I wrap a folded microfiber cloth around the Obsidian to keep it from bumping into the sides of the container.

So in summation - I really really love this thing. It's my daily driver setup, and it never fails to leave me satisfied!!

Thanks so much Magma Industries! It's really been an amazing year for getting stoned!

P.S. - Could the Obsidian be made bigger to facilitate a more bong-esque experience a la Cloud Evo? As a user who primarily direct-draws I think about this a lot :lol:!!!!

Top Bottom