MadHeaters Shipping Thread

.d

Just got info for EU that they oversold the black tempests :( thought that was only for UK.
had to choose colored ones instead or refund... feels bad, but they all look pretty I guess.. hope they start shipping them out soon (when the safety report is done and all that)

ONLYUSEmeVAPE

The Tempest should be renamed the Delay, Slow, or the Wait. Something in tribute of how long every single step of its release has been

ONLYUSEmeVAPE,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Mine somehow made it to California without a dpd update. Estimated delivery date is tomorrow, not sure if I trust it but would be very happy to be surprised.

Edit: misread, apparently it has just been picked up from NY and is inbound to Cali with no delivery date yet. If it actually lands in Cali today I will potentially have it for the weekend but not holding my breath.

Last edited:

delta hotel

Mine made it to the local post office today. Lucky for me, it doesn't look like the post office will be delivering tomorrow due to the weather, so I guess we'll find out Thursday.

WHAT A WAIT IT'S BEEN

delta hotel,

TDW710

703X hit my local post office this afternoon.

Left the UK on the 4th & cleared customs on the 5th. Transferred to UPS Mail Innovations in Queens on the 6th & due to be delivered tomorrow. Standard shipping.

TDW710

My order just landed. Opening later today, but the box is in fairly rough shape. Should be fine since the box my Reload was shipped in got pretty hammered along the way too, but a bit nerve-wracking nonetheless.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The Tempest is pretty much all titanium. The odds of it getting damaged in shipping are very low even if the box were totally abused. I'm betting it's a very pretty box, because that is @Brenyo s style, and it would be a shame for the box to be trashed, but I'm sure the Tempest will be fine.
I suppose if the box is torn, some accessories could be missing.

Singularity Walker

I gotta say UPS is UPS as usual and all around the world. My package which is headed for east coast USA went from an original Wednesday (11th) delivery to the Thursday (12th) I posted, then Friday the 13th. Now they've updated to the ever famous and slightly paraphrased 'we will give you a delivery date when we figure it out'. Meanwhile tracking shows it has gotten a nice tour of the UK. In a way I find it humorous that no matter which side of the pond UPS is on they manage to make the same odd mistakes. Thankfully the beta will keep me calm till they figure it out.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My package is still hanging out in Maryland, probably enjoying blue crabs or something. I'm guessing it has been handed over to USPS because it is tracking there. Though it does say "UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS" but I think the last mile is USPS.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Same with mine, but in Cali instead of MD. I assume they chartered flights on UPS planes to get out of NY?

Octavia,

BagaDiLhuga

Just got info for EU that they oversold the black tempests :( thought that was only for UK.
had to choose colored ones instead or refund... feels bad, but they all look pretty I guess.. hope they start shipping them out soon (when the safety report is done and all that)
I haven't gotten any email, how did you get that info?

BagaDiLhuga,

TDW710

She's a beauty. Case is a little bit scuffed on both sides, but everything arrived safely.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Looks like my goodies are out for delivery. That's nine days from order. That's not so bad.
It seems to me in the past that it was easier to tell exactly where ones package was to better assess progress. There are bigger jumps between notification along the way these days. That may be a result of trying to reduce costs or it may just be competence issues. Or it could be third party carriers. Whatever it is it's manageable.
Then again, I imagine "normal people" don't watch their package progress as closely as we do. :lol:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Looks like my goodies are out for delivery. That's nine days from order. That's not so bad.
Nice! Got notice mine was just handed off from UPS to USPS this morning, so hopefully it’ll arrive today or tomorrow!

It seems to me in the past that it was easier to tell exactly where ones package was to better assess progress. There are bigger jumps between notification along the way these days. That may be a result of trying to reduce costs or it may just be competence issues. Or it could be third party carriers. Whatever it is it's manageable.
Then again, I imagine "normal people" don't watch their package progress as closely as we do. :lol:
It’s not just you, supposedly it’s a mix of cost cutting, the perennial staffing issues and probably also the 3rd party carrier issue combined with the massively increased package load without a corresponding investment in infrastructure.

Think it’s also gotten worse again, been seeing a new uptick in news stories warning folks to no longer ship poultry via USPS due to the slowdowns. Apparently you used to be able to reliably ship critters, primarily poultry, who can survive about 48 hours after hatching without food, but now those packages have been getting delayed for days. So glad I ordered my last mail order critters before these cost cutting issues started surfacing.

Octavia,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My goodies have arrived. I will update my Tempest later tonight. Rosewood stem is quite lovely. Thought I was missing the VI pointer but then I saw that that is not included in the update.
I should probably ask this in the other thread, but is anybody preferring the stainless steel balls over the others?

cybrguy,
Top Bottom