• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Long time lurker, first time poster šŸ˜ƒ.

I made an account specifically as a warning for my fellow EU residents. I ordered a Revolve stem at vapeurshop.com during the 420 sales, which cost 155ā‚¬ -20%, which was a pretty sweet deal. However, upon receipt I noticed a "FS" written on the cardboard tube. Along with the blemishes on the stem, I think I am sure they sold me a factory second stem for the standard price. When confronted, they first wanted to brush it off as scratches being normal part of the machining process. Really?

I am pretty pissed off about this but still, not to make false accusations, can someone here confirm this for me, does the FS on the cardboard stand for a "factory second"? Im like 99% sure though.

There is NO ā€œFSā€ marking on either of my cardboard tubes. POST a PHOTO, when you are able to, might need a minimum number of postsā€¦..

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: acstorfer

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I am pretty pissed off about this but still, not to make false accusations, can someone here confirm this for me, does the FS on the cardboard stand for a "factory second"? Im like 99% sure though.
Wow, I'm extremely sorry to hear that! It's not the first time I'm reading negative feedback about them unfortunately :doh:
They only got seconds the last time and yes, FS stands for factory second.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
There is NO ā€œFSā€ marking on either of my cardboard tubes. POST a PHOTO, when you are able to, might need a minimum number of postsā€¦..
I can't see one neither. I can't find any flaws and everything works perfectly. Okay, I can't get the washer loose to move it down and have a spinning mouthpiece. I did just get it today so I have lots of time to work with it.

acstorfer,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Okay, I can't get the washer loose to move it down and have a spinning mouthpiece. I did just get it today so I have lots of time to work with it.
Try to pinch it with your nails / fingers so it bulges out and then you can push it off. Itā€™s a little tricky at first

Blackmore

OK, lemme try...

Wow, I'm extremely sorry to hear that! It's not the first time I'm reading negative feedback about them unfortunately :doh:
They only got seconds the last time and yes, FS stands for factory second.

Brenyo, thank you for confirming my suspicions. I have to add that the imperfections present on the stem really have no impact on the funcionality of the product whatsoever. Its just that their "scamming me" part of this deal and subsequent gaslighting is what's *REALLY* rubbing me the wrong way :).

They offered me an exchange for another one, but given that they probably only have FS's in stock, I will insist in a return & refund. I would probably be happiest with a 30pound compensation (difference on rainbow stems) to avoid shipping back, but we'll see how it goes.

I would also be wary sending FS stems to retailers for this very reason, as customers can be tricked and could possibly attribute the imperfections to poor QC which obviously is not the case.

Blackmore,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Try to pinch it with your nails / fingers so it bulges out and then you can push it off. Itā€™s a little tricky at first
Yup, been trying that. I'm sure I'll get it to loosen up eventually.

If I don't have FS on my cardboard tube does that mean mine isn't a 2nd? I can't find an imperfection on it.

I absolutely love it by the way

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I would also be wary sending FS stems to retailers for this very reason, as customers can be tricked and could possibly attribute the imperfections to poor QC which obviously is not the case.

Thatā€™s a GREAT point!
IMHO, only the manufacturer should offer any ā€œrejectsā€, only on their own site.

RustyOldNail,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
can someone here confirm this for me

I have two factory seconds. One of the cardboard tubes has FS written on it, the other one doesn't...
(Sorry, that doesn't help that much probably... :D
But if it's there it means something for sure...)

It's unfortunate they do this, like @acstorfer says they're scamming both the customer and the manufacturer actually.
Given the fact that a lot of FS customers say that the imperfections are rather minor they probably get away with it in most cases... Then customers can still think they got the grade a product they paid for but might feel the QC is 'meh'.. Blaming the manufacturer while it's the shop that's tricking them...

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: Siebter

Blackmore

Given the fact that a lot of FS customers say that the imperfections are rather minor they probably get away with it in most cases... Then customers can still think they got the grade a product they paid for but might feel the QC is 'meh'.. Blaming the manufacturer while it's the shop that's tricking them...
Exactly. In my case, when they tried to fight me off claiming that scratches are normal, they were actually actively passing the blame to MH. And it could actually work if I wasn't as educated on the product and would miss the "FS" on the tube.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
would miss the "FS" on the tube.
Which was well spotted!
I had to dig up the tubes to find out now that one of them had it written on there as well... Missed it completely...
In my defense: on my tube it's written with a pencil and barely visible. Nothing like the thick black marker graffiti on yours :lol:

666Honeybadger,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
If I don't have FS on my cardboard tube does that mean mine isn't a 2nd? I can't find an imperfection on it.
No, itā€™s def a FS if thatā€™s what you ordered, I just probably forgot to mark it in the rush.

Thatā€™s a GREAT point!
IMHO, only the manufacturer should offer any ā€œrejectsā€, only on their own site.
Yeah, I didnā€™t anticipate this unfortunately. The ones with the retailers are all marked, every other shop sold it as a second without issues so farā€¦ :(

I didnā€™t have anything else to give at the time thatā€™s why I offered the seconds as an alternative in the meantime. Itā€™s really not nice scamming the customers so they wonā€™t get any more MH stuff in the future.

They offered me an exchange for another one, but given that they probably only have FS's in stock, I will insist in a return & refund. I would probably be happiest with a 30pound compensation (difference on rainbow stems) to avoid shipping back, but we'll see how it goes.
Iā€™ve made a quick calculation, about 30ā‚¬ is what they should refund you. Lmk what happens, if it doesnā€™t end well then please get in touch, weā€™ll figure out something.

Last edited:

Blackmore

Iā€™ve made a quick calculation, about 30ā‚¬ is what they should refund you. Lmk what happens, if it doesnā€™t end well then please get in touch, weā€™ll figure out something.
Well, I told them it's either the price difference compensation of 30GBP, or return for a full refund.

Since they don't want to admit they are doing anything wrong here, they want me to send it back to them. And I gladly will, I just hope they pay me back upon receipt, as I don't trust them anymore. They even hinted the price difference shouldn't be 30GBP because I bought it during the 420 sales with 20% off :).

It's really ridiculous, they claim that their factory seconds are "absolutely flawless" and inspected several times (though I guess not the one they sent me :)). I guess only idiots (like me) are buying regular ones /s.

I guess it was not meant to be this time. I hope some of their previous (and future) customers see this thread and check what they actually paid for.

Misterhyde

My revolve and reload are finally free from the morass of customs!! Now to wait another week until it reaches a post office :doh:

Definitely worth the wait super excited to complete my dyna kit
My revolve just finally got through customs yesterday, woohoo! It was there for 2 weeks, now hopefully they didn't raid my package like some others'.

Misterhyde

Huge shout out to MAD Heaters! Just got my revolve package about an hour ago. It came with lots of extra goodies at no cost to me just because they are awesome! I ordered the Factory Second, and I'm telling you their QC is on point this second is great. All I can notice is maybe some minor surface scratches. Probably no less than a new one would look in a week and could probably buff out. Only used it a little so far but really like it. The only small downside I can see at the moment is what others have said about the Ti body becoming a little hot. I would assume this would probably change if you used the Direct airflow tube, I haven't messed with that yet but I'm sure I will soon. The glass body seems to stay moderately cooler.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I purchased a factory seconds titanium stem and received it last Friday. First of all youā€™d have to get a microscope out to find the flaw, I still havenā€™t found it. Also big shout out the stem came from the UK before two things that I ordered in the US did, so it was lightning shipping.

The stem is absolutely beautiful. I love the functioning and engineering. Thereā€™s no doubt about it, it cools my dynavap and mighty vapor better than any other stem I currently own. Which is only the Simrell MVS, the newest Omni and to Vong. Still learning. What combination gives the hardest hit? I like to keep it open with my finger on and off but mostly on the carb hole. Still trying to figure out if I like the arrow pointing towards the mouthpiece or the stem? Also the twisty thing that doesnā€™t seem to be explained anywhere? Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s just the cooling chamber?

Top Bottom