Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

SirGanjaVapeAlot

(Okay, I just remembered what thread this is, so, obviously, I'm hoping that someday the answer will be, "the MAD Heaters Sense, of course". But for now this is what I've got. Apologies, Brenyo.)

I'm a big fan of the Ispire Wand with the Skullkandy Creations Dynavap insert. Without an adapter, the Wand is fussy to use, probably not the best with dexterity issues. With an adapter, you just drop it in. You do have to double-click the power button, which I have fumbled a couple of times with really cold hands. The glass adapters I've seen are also supposed to work well, but they just sit in the Wand--they'll fall out if you turn it over. The Skullkandy insert installs tight with o-rings and a silicone plug. It is made of carbon fiber and silicone, so you'll want to be careful of accidental high-temp events. I just keep my Wand turned all the way down to 250 F (which only affects the duration it's on, not the power output) in case I do something flaky (again--I have left a DV sitting in it though a full Wand heat cycle with it set higher, at 420, with no damage).

As a bonus, it's fun with dabs, its original purpose.

The second I wrote my post I felt so stupid 🤪. I signed up for the sense mailing back in the waaaaaay beginning and I am still waiting with baited breath to have an IH that is completely customizable in terms of temp wattage and more.

I will definitely check out those suggestions I really want to grab a wand I will hopefully have an opportunity soon.

SirGanjaVapeAlot,

dtrdrk

I think it would be a nice option to offer a grinder for the reload. It would complete the package.

dtrdrk,
Reactions: Planck

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
We have reached our daily card payment limit within 1 hours :cry: I'm working on a solution but payments might not be available for the next 24 hours. Really sorry about the inconvenience!

Please let us know ASAP, when your payment service is fixed. I have a large order sitting in my cart, and both my MasterCards won’t go through. This from USA. Thanks.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Are there any plans for a shorty revolve? The cooling is already impressive so why not.

P. S. Bypass mode is awesome for large and voluminous clouds. Also seems to be the most user friendly, I would feel more comfortable handing it to a dynanoob on bypass.

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Just gonna be honest here. 4 months in, and I still really love just looking at them. Turning it in my hands, admiring it's looks.

I've had crushes on actual people that lasted a lot shorter.

Question though ... My glass bong will arrive shortly, along with a 14->10mm glass adapter (you know the ones, exactly like that). The adapter has this roughed up / sanded part on both the 14 and 10mm side. And I'm a bit afraid of it scratching up the revolve mouthpiece. Any of you have experience with that, and possibly a way to prevent it?

Last edited:
OGablogian,
Reactions: cybrguy

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Just gonna be honest here. 4 months in, and I still really love just looking at them. Turning it in my hands, admiring it's looks.

Man!?
Four months of just looking in admiration while holding and spinning??
It's definitely time to put some herbs in, torch them and try them out as vaporizers...
You'll even love them more then!! :lol:
:rofl:

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Man!?
Four months of just looking in admiration while holding and spinning??
It's definitely time to put some herbs in, torch them and try them out as vaporizers...
You'll even love them more then!! :lol:
:rofl:
Hah, nice.

I tried that 'put 3 clogged screens in the bowl and hit it' thing you mentioned. At 7.5V x 4A = 30W. Yeah, that works really great :D. Gonna try 6 next time.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
At 7.5V x 4A = 30W. Yeah, that works really great
I did it the anolog way as i don't have an IH (yet) but i guess it's even more enjoyable with an IH. Anyhoo: it does work doesn't it.
They should be called "liquid gold collecting screens"...

Gonna try 6 next time
Oh wow... Could this be the start of the Braveheart legend?
:rockon:
Only try this when you have little to no obligations that day...
Do report when you take the plunge!

666Honeybadger,

Cannabiker

I've had crushes on actual people that lasted a lot shorter.

Question though ... My glass bong will arrive shortly, along with a 14->10mm glass adapter (you know the ones, exactly like that). The adapter has this roughed up / sanded part on both the 14 and 10mm side. And I'm a bit afraid of it scratching up the revolve mouthpiece. Any of you have experience with that, and possibly a way to prevent it?
Get an unground adapter; Simrell has them. https://simrellcollection.com/product/unground-14mm-10mm-glass-adapter/

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
Vgoodiez has them too:

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately (in this particular case then, the rest is pretty neat) I'm in the EU, and with shipping, customs duty, import tax, I'd probably be looking at somewhere between 40-50 bucks for one of those.

Gonna try buffing out a frosted one with some turtle wax and a dremel with small buffing attachment.

OGablogian,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately (in this particular case then, the rest is pretty neat) I'm in the EU, and with shipping, customs duty, import tax, I'd probably be looking at somewhere between 40-50 bucks for one of those.

Gonna try buffing out a frosted one with some turtle wax and a dremel with small buffing attachment.

To get it really smooth, try to find POLISHING PAPER in your country. Like this:

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: OGablogian

TommyDee

Vaporitor

I've softened up the grit with a propane torch.

rvarick

Just received mine and have been enjoying it so far. I thought that I would go with the glass configuration ever since I first saw it used that way, but the revolve Ti feels so premium I am going to get to know it first.

No matter how I orient the mouthpiece, it doesn't lock from spinning. I think the o-ring may be too narrow on mine. Having it spin does not bother me, because it's not like it is loose and free spinning or anything. I just wanted to echo that mine is like some of the others. I actually like it just as it is.

My only complaint is that it looks like my intercooler had an issue with the PVD coating around one of the threads and is showing the metal underneath. I hope that doesn't cause a chain reaction. But the finish everywhere else is very nice.

I was a fool to not get the reload at the same time, so hopefully I can just buy a new one to go with my reload order. I also will be adding some carbless glass stems when they are added too.
My black (pre-order) Revolve stem has started to wear in uncannily the exact same spot. Thankfully an email to MH is getting me sorted out. Must be a known issue though, given the utter similarity of the wear on both stems.

rvarick

Per the chipping/wear issue I mentioned above (apologies for back to back posts), I chatted with MadHeaters more on this (who has been responsive). They mentioned a “double coating issue” that’s occurred with some stems, and suggested cleaning mine (more) with iso and a towel. I’d previously cleaned the stem twice per the instructions provided.

Without getting into a materials/safety discussion I’ll just say I was pretty mortified with what easily came off the stem - including the inside (pic below). This was before I just gave up, as more and more of the finish was also chipping off :o

The fact that I’ve been using this stem all this time is personally concerning, to say the least. The good (?) news is a new replacement stem is on the way, the bad news is I’ve lost a lot of trust in the PVD coating and whether a new one will be different. I’d probably just sell it, but of course there’s less places to do that now as of today too :(

Last edited:

Misterhyde

Per the chipping/wear issue I mentioned above (apologies for back to back posts), I chatted with MadHeaters more on this (who has been responsive).

They mentioned a “double coating issue” that’s occurred with some stems, and suggested cleaning mine (more) with iso and a towel. I’d previously cleaned the stem twice per the instructions provided.

Without getting into a materials/safety discussion I’ll just say I was pretty mortified with what easily came off the stem - including the inside (pic below). This was before I just gave up, as more and more of the finish was also chipping off :o

The fact that I’ve been using this stem all this time is personally concerning, to say the least. The good (?) news is a new replacement stem is on the way, the bad news is I’ve lost a lot of trust in the PVD coating and whether a new one will be different. I’d probably just sell it, but of course there’s less places to do that now as of today too :(
I ordered the titanium specifically because I was worried about this happening.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I've got both the black and the rainbow version. Been using them (exclusively) for the last 3 months or so. I deep clean them every week at least once and i've never had any black (or other color) coming off...
Don't want to discard your concerns but i do feel this is not a common problem with the Revolve so wanted to share that mine doesn't have those issues at all...
I understand your doubts now but if i were you i'd check out the new one they are sending you as i expect it not to have those issues. I presume you've got unlucky (since mine and a lot of other's don't have those issues) and would hope that your new one will be fine as supposed to...
Gl anyway and hope you report back when the new one arrives!

Top Bottom