Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

scoobindedoob

With some amazing teamwork we've finished updating the jar design and managed to sneak in a few extra tools for you guys :D

Now it includes the following:
- Airtight fresh herb storage (20ml)
- AVB storage with debowler (20ml, optionally can be used as another airtight herb storage if the debowler pin is removed)
- CCD remover / straightener tool (straightening is only needed for the first installation)
- Depth adjustable CCD tool for easy installation and positioning. With this tool you can insert the CCD to any position in between the half and full bowl on the tips with the adjust-a-bowl feature.
- Cooling Magnet (MAD Mag)
- Decapper tool
- Tamper tool
- Different color o-rings for personalization

Extra accessories:
- Small container (12ml)
- Keyring holder (very strong hold with the MAD Mag)

View attachment 9731
View attachment 9749
i love the design on the keychain topper, very CCD!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@Brenyo

Loving the product development so far.

Appreciate that you must be very busy trying to resolve all the issues a new business requires.

As far as I'm concerned, you have a customer here. However, the delays have put me in a small predicament that you might be able to help with.

As I've stated, as soon as your product is available I'm buying one. But I would really like to get an ih soonish.....

So, do I wait, or in the interim, get a different one until yours is available?

So here is how you can potentially help.

Appreciate it is v difficult to give estimate dates, but an indication would be helpful.

E.g. if you were to say you hope to have the product released in merely a few weeks I will hang on.
If you were to say that you expect a few more months, then I will buy a cheap version and replace it when yours is available.

I am trying to avoid the situation where I but a cheap version today and next week you release yours.....which is what usually happens with me :lol:.

Hope this isn't asking the impossible and any suggested dates will be taken as only an indication and not be used as a stick to beat you with if missed.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I'm sure that the development needs a bit more than just a few weeks so if you want something now I'd say go for it!
Appreciate your honesty. I was hoping for better news but good things come to those that wait.....
Now stop addressing queries and get on and finish it :lol::tup:

Edit: have ordered one of those Katalyzer click and go for the interim!

Last edited:
George wasn't much impressed with my CCD inverter either. Couldn't live without it today.
I guess they don't see this as a priority now that there is a ti spacer available.
yeah well, except the spacer sucks. blocks airflow, easy to lose, isn't adjustable, increases tip mass, costs way too much...

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Well, I've been using my click and go for a few days and it's superb.

Has this put me off MAD heater?

Quite the opposite. The c&g has enabled me to fall in love with my DVs for the first time since buying 3 years ago (I thought they were very meh with torch lighters)..... but it is not perfect.

It's not really pocketable. No replacement batteries and no configurability. A minor thing, but with the c&g the led is very bright. I understand that with the mad I can reduce its brightness so more subtle. Plus other improvements already detailed.

So I will be buying a mad heater whenever I can as the improvements will be worthwhile. Ive gone from not liking my vapcaps a week ago to now thinking they are up there with my tinymight and flowerpot as part of my daily routine.

So I'm going to be putting my pennies aside and am already dreaming of a MAD Christmas.....

Edit. My c&g clicks very faintly which I understand is a sensor determining if a DV has been inserted. Will the MAD heater do the same @Brenyo as in a silent space it is noticeable. I would prefer to not hear it but no Biggie....

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Ive gone from not liking my vapcaps a week ago to now thinking they are up there with my tinymight and flowerpot as part of my daily routine.

Edit. My c&g clicks very faintly which I understand is a sensor determining if a DV has been inserted. Will the MAD heater do the same @Brenyo as in a silent space it is noticeable. I would prefer to not hear it but no Biggie....
That's great I'm really happy to hear that, an IH can change the game for sure !

We're aiming for a different solution where there are no faint clicks with the Sense when it's in automatic mode.

marduk

daydreamer
George wasn't much impressed with my CCD inverter either. Couldn't live without it today.
I guess they don't see this as a priority now that there is a ti spacer available.

I don't see a ti spacer listed on their website. Do you have a link?

edit: thanks for the link... I'll be getting one. :tup:

Last edited:
marduk,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Any updates on the MAD heater?
We’re still working on it and we need at least another few months unfortunatley. I’ll share the newest feature updates when we’re closer to release.

As Tripp also said we’re in the final testing stages with the stem and the jar and hoping to have the last RC versions around the end of this month. We’ll share real pictures of them and show all the functions finally 🙂

i know that i'm way too late on this:

have you ever considered to power the Sense via 21700 batteries?

they are readily available nowadays and 50-100% more powerful than 18650s.

having two 21700s would make the sense a total powerhouse with unreasonably high battery life. that's nice, but nobody really needs that much power.

however, even just one 21700 could get enough heat cycles out of the Sense to satisfy the average user.

of course, you'd have charge or swap batteries a tad more often. i'd be absolutely fine with that.

using just one 21700, the size of the Sense could be reduced drastically, if the other parts can be spaced accordingly.

to me, portability is key. i only use my simrell out and about in nature.

so, i naively dream of a single 21700 Sense Mini.

how unrealistic is my dream?

Steamer

they are readily available nowadays and 50-100% more powerful than 18650s.

having two 21700s would make the sense a total powerhouse with unreasonably high battery life. that's nice, but nobody really needs that much power.
If you need more than 70 Watts, you're limited to a capacity of around 3000 mAh which is only 10% more than a comparable 18650. I do think that 21700s perform better than 18650s with identical specs.
I'm guessing here and I'm not the person to comment on this, but the Sense will probably use 2 18650s in series so it has a decent input voltage. A good quality chip will push one battery to 12 Volts with ease, but the performance would drop very quickly.

But hey, bring on that double 21700! If the Sense doesn't draw more than 10 Amps, we're looking at a device with 5000 mAh :cool:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
If you need more than 70 Watts, you're limited to a capacity of around 3000 mAh which is only 10% more than a comparable 18650.
If we compare 2 of the best batteries in both sizes, 21700 has about 50% more capacity with higher CDR. There are a few more factors to consider in this application so it won't be as good as 1.5 x 18650 but it's not too far off.

Brenyo,
Reactions: Steamer

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The energy density is still greater in the 18650's. That is where all the engineering efforts have gone. The gap is closing but only a 25% capacity improvement makes 21700 less attractive.
16540.49mm^3 vs. 24245.24mm^3 = ~1.5x the volume. I run 3500mah 10 amp cells on my IH's. The 21700 would need to be nearly 6000mah to make them worthwhile. Most are 4000mah and a few may rate to 5000mah. This is about economics.

The energy density is still greater in the 18650's. That is where all the engineering efforts have gone. The gap is closing but only a 25% capacity improvement makes 21700 less attractive.
16540.49mm^3 vs. 24245.24mm^3 = ~1.5x the volume. I run 3500mah 10 amp cells on my IH's. The 21700 would need to be nearly 6000mah to make them worthwhile. Most are 4000mah and a few may rate to 5000mah. This is about economics.

you're completely right about the density.

to my mind, 21700 vs. 18650 is less about energy density and more about pushing the compact form factor of a single battery device to maximum power, though.

that said, i sure would love a single 18650 heater.

i am a pretty light user, so i'd honestly prefer that for even better portability, if doable.

i didn't mention all this, because i assumed that most people vape more than me.
so that they don't have to charge/swap as often, a single 21700 layout might make more sense for them.
i thought it was the more profitable and therefore less unrealistic thing to dream about.

please correct me, if i'm wrong on this. in fact, i'd much appreciate to be wrong

lugaschfuckcombustion,
Reactions: Brenyo

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I get it, sure, a single cell would be less the space... but the form-factor! A cylinder is a tough sell for compact unless the structure is cylindrical. This is what Jeff did with Flite. he cut the battery weight in half and reduced the overall formfactor without changing the internals.

To run one cell, you'd need to boost the voltage. Mods can do this so no harm there but it has to be accounted for in the design. Since Sense already has an onboard power regulator, it could possibly be designed for single cell use.

Do remember these units are all about watts. Lower voltage means more current from the cell and you'd expect performance down to at least 3.2V while firing. To get 60 watts out, you'd need about 20 amps of reliable connections. Things start to get warm at this rate.

I'm all for higher voltage and less current. Really, the most efficient space and power cell is the LiPo packs. All kinds of shapes and sizes and they are not as scary as people think they are. Add a BMS and you wouldn't know the different. Make it plug-in and you can swap it out like any cell. being rectangular is what makes HotShot the same volume as Flite with very similar performance.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Brenyo have you lined up any Canadian distribution yet? And how much longer? Take my money already damn it! But in all seriousness what is the release date looking like? Can't wait to get my greasy mits on the sense!

Top Bottom