• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Hi all,

New DRY HERB vape from Lynx.
This is their first dry herb vape (they have traditionally produced wax pens).

It looks very promising!
Nice form factor and hybrid conduction convection.

From their website:
https://linxvapor.com/products/gaia

INTRODUCING
LINX GAIA

linx-hypnos-zero-portable-vape-text-bar_small.png

Da5Ycoz.jpg

TASTE THE PURITY
Incoming air bypasses internal electronic components and flows directly through the next generation quartz chamber and Linx's signature glass mouthpiece. Gaia's clean air path brings out the smoothest and purest flavor.

HYBRID HEATING
Combining convection and conduction heating technology, Gaia allows for fast, efficient and even heating. Your desired temperature can be reached in around 20 seconds.

VARIABLE TEMPERATURE
OLED screen indicates battery status and temperature settings. Opt for temperature between 200F and 428F (93C and 220C).

MAGNETIC CAP AND TOOL
Magnetic cap protects the glass mouthpiece. A magnetic tool is also hidden at the bottom of the Gaia for ease of use.

CRAFTMANSHIP
We believe in attention to details. A vertically brushed casing is meticulously crafted from top quality metal, making Gaia a sleek and elegant device in the palm of your hand.

ADVANCED INSULATION TECHNOLOGY
Gaia uses 100% air, rather than synthetic materials from traditional thermal insulation, to insulate heat from the vaporization process. This unique air insulation makes flavor full and healthy.

SPECIFICATIONS
BATTERY
Non user-replaceable, Lithium-ion battery, recharges in 3 - 4 hours via micro USB. 2200 mAH.
ATOMIZER
All quartz heating chamber. 10mm (diameter) x 20mm (height).
HEATING ELEMENT
Quartz chamber heats instantly and evenly.
MATERIAL
Quartz heating chamber, glass mouthpiece, metal casing.
DIMENSION
50 mm x 24 mm x 80 mm (mouthpiece unattached).
WEIGHT
146g
VOLTAGE
Input: 5v

Lvp0zgw.jpg

Chamber:
GtlnQxA.jpg

DYSL2Hl.jpg

buKHGPc.jpg

A review is also out from Namaste Vapes (good reseller) who I got my crafty and flowermate from:

Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with Namaste or Lynx and I don't have one myself yet (just regurgitating info for you all)

Last edited by a moderator:

mephisto

Looks like another conduction vape riding the convection illusion train. Thanks for the info, there are ceramic atomizers that operate using convection, and can be used on power sources with removable battery. Nothing new here.....

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Looks great except proprietary battery. What is their cost for replacement battery ?

I'm guessing, as I don't know for a fact, but I don't think they offer a replacement battery to the consumer, hence their description in their own words as a "non-replaceable battery". :(

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

AVENTUS

I'm guessing, as I don't for a fact, but I don't think they offer a replacement battery to the consumer, hence their description in their own words as a "non-replaceable battery". :(

No, i mean i wonder if they make the user buy a whole new mod section, or if we send the min to be replaced for a feee, after warranty is up, and if so, how much, and how long is the warranty ?

AVENTUS,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
No, i mean i wonder if they make the user buy a whole new mod section, or if we send the min to be replaced for a feee, after warranty is up, and if so, how much, and how long is the warranty ?

Again, I don't think they are saying the battery is just non-replaceable by the user, but rather NON-REPLACEABLE....PERIOD! I think that this rationale stems in part from the re-seller knowing that a battery installed with some minor soldering is something most customers just don't want to deal with, not to mention the potential tort liability should the consumer be injured by a battery incident due to an installation error.

Bottom line is that I'm sure the re-seller would rather sell customers new units than handle the ongoing headaches of RMA's, particularly if this is as I suspect, just another re-branding, re-seller operation.

AVENTUS

Again, I don't think they are saying the battery is just non-replaceable by the user, but rather NON-REPLACEABLE....PERIOD! I think that this rationale stems in part from the re-seller knowing that a battery installed with some minor soldering is something most customers just don't want to deal with, not to mention the potential tort liability should the consumer be injured by a battery incident due to an installation error.

Bottom line is that I'm sure the re-seller would rather sell customers new units than handle the ongoing headaches of RMA's, particularly if this is as I suspect, just another re-branding, re-seller operation.

hmmmm. seems like they should prepare a post-warranty battery replacement send-in program, so people don't have to buy an entire new mod section every time they reach their battery life finish line. is it nickel cadmium or lithium ion ?

I've been a big proponent of their wax pen, the Hypnos Zero, and it would be a shame to see them make a wrong move on their first herbal vape. the silver and black models look gorgeous.

AVENTUS,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I've been a big proponent of their wax pen, the Hypnos Zero, and it would be a shame to see them make a wrong move on their first herbal vape. the silver and black models look gorgeous.

Well, it's happened on more than one occasion here at the FC that the re-seller/manufacturer listened to the kind of discussion we're having now and consequently made the necessary modifications on subsequent versions to meet the user's needs!

So if enough FC members voice their desire for "SWAPPABLE" batteries then eventually that, along with lagging sales, will get the message to the re-seller/manufacturer with undeniable clarity! :rockon:

p.s. - BATTERY
Non-replacable, Lithium-ion battery, recharges in 3 - 4 hours via micro USB. 2200 mAH.

GEED

Gaseouser
there are ceramic atomizers that operate using convection, and can be used on power sources with removable battery.
names pls

I've also seen this "World's first quartz chamber" tag on another vape, called "TaitanVS T3" by many alibaba knights ($29 USD + shipping average!). There you have a unique design by not having any holes on the bottom of chamber, but instead a small tube takes air in from above, this tube also serves, as a stirrer when turning the MP during use, however I wasn't impressed by it, so saved reviewing it for an updated version. Quartz chamber is not what I want it to be (resistor factory embedded between quartz layers) but rather a resistor installed around it. Still works fine I guess, and glass gives superior neutrality to taste, a great trend to follow in vaporizers! I also welcome that the direct airpath method getting a standard, so all in all, yes, I am buying this!

PS.: about the battery, noone should worry too much, as these 2200 mAhs will last for a good while, perform well, and when their time is over you will most likely be saved enough for the next "wondervape" hahha..

Last edited:
GEED,
Reactions: KeroZen

Thcgos

Vape Addict

I added the "non replaceable" part (I should have added it as a note).
My bad!:doh:

I just wanted to make a note of it because I asked them if you can replace the batteries yourself and the answer was no.
So in fact I should have said "User non replacable".
I didn't ask if THEY could replace it.

Again sorry for the confusion, I'll get a mod to change it to "user non-replaceable".

Thcgos,

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Hello again FC Forum members,

My name is Eddie and I represent Linx Vapor, a Los Angeles based vaporizer company with a primary focus on designing and manufacturing innovative vaping products.

We recently introduced a new dry herb vaporizer, Linx Gaia. It features a QUARTZ heating chamber, unique air insulation, hybrid heating technology and complete temperature variability (200-428F). We believe that the Linx Gaia is truly a vaping innovation for a new generation.

qCqZMly.jpg

What's the big deal about a quartz chamber? Most dry herb heating chambers are made of steel or ceramic and while they do a good job conveying heat, they have the tendency to affect the true Terpene flavor. Linx Gaia ushers in the next generation of innovation with its revolutionary Quartz heating chamber (first in the market) that eliminates steel and ceramic from the equation, producing purer and healthier flavor.

98x2kXi.jpg

When it comes to health and taste, a clean air path is of the utmost importance. The Linx Gaia is designed with the innovative air insulation technology that eliminates all unhealthy insulation materials used in most dry herb vaporizers. The incoming air flows directly over the heating element, avoiding contact with plastic parts, electronic components or other unhealthy materials, making it one of the most health conscious vaping products in the market. This health-centric design also brings out the best flavor and vapor production.

Not only does the Linx Gaia hit well and deliver fresh and full taste, it also looks chic and feels solid and small in the palm of your hand. Our design team has been focusing on sleek and portable design to make all the Linx products visually pleasing and ergonomic friendly. As the much appraised Linx Hypnos Zero, Linx Gaia continues such tradition with a brushed metal casing and attention to details of the craftsmanship.

MsP0iRj.jpg

Yq0OHSA.jpg

The Linx Gaia comes complete with OLED screen, 2200 mAH battery, signature glass mouthpiece, magnetic cap and tool, cleaning brush, and a dual head Micro USB/lightning port charger (can charge your iPhone!) Linx Vapor includes a free one-year limited warranty on every vaporizer product.

Pre-orders for the Linx Gaia can be placed now with volume orders to follow in early December.

We will be offering 10% off to all FC Members, simply use the coupon code: LINXFC. Coupon expires on 12/31/16.

We here at Linx Vapor are very excited about the Gaia. We believe it is the next step in dry herb vaporization. See for yourself, visit the site for more information.

http://linxvapor.com/products/gaia

As each innovation is a painstaking effort, our team keeps pushing the envelope. Don’t breath plastics, breath innovation. Thanks and Enjoy!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @E. A. Ridgill very sleek looking product you released here!

By experience I know quartz doesn't always means great taste cause it carries a lot of conduction .

i.e the miVape is full convection but while hot the bottom of the quartz cup carries enough conduction to pollute the taste in the end of session. I already tested 2 cheap chinese vapes using quartz chamber without success (Ivaped Box and Zolo) but they was really bad designed.

Be sure I'm not bashing the product, I hope the Gaia will be a great vape, I'm just expecting you fixed this issues in your device.

Wait and see ...

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Hi KeroZen, We do not imply that SS and Ceramic are unhealthy. We have vaporizers made of these materials. The Linx Hypnos Zero has a full ceramic chamber. But you are correct, I should clarify that. Sorry for the misconception.
Cheers

Hi @E. A. Ridgill very sleek looking product you released here!

By experience I know quartz doesn't always means great taste cause it carries a lot of conduction .

i.e the miVape is full convection but while hot the bottom of the quartz cup carries enough conduction to pollute the taste in the end of session. I already tested 2 cheap chinese vapes using quartz chamber without success (Ivaped Box and Zolo) but they was really bad designed.

Be sure I'm not bashing the product, I hope the Gaia will be a great vape, I'm just expecting you fixed this issues in your device.

Wait and see ...

Hi PPN.

Thanks for your comment. We believe Quartz is the next generation material for better taste. The issue you experienced is probably not with the quartz itself, but the poor conduction design of the quartz chamber that made the taste unpleasant. This sounds like a flaw in the efficiency of a heating chamber design.

From our product development experiences, three factors effect the efficiency of a heating chamber:

1. Thermal conductivity of the chamber material, which is what you talked about.
2. Contact area between the heating elements and chamber.
3. Insulation of the heating chamber.

The latter two factors are even more essential to the heating performance of a chamber.

Heating speed on Gaia is very fast, achieving 375F in 20 seconds and 428F in 30 seconds. Such speed is the same as, if not faster than, most metal and ceramic chambers in the market.

As to insulation, you might know that most vaporizers have a layer of very thin white or black fiber materials wrapped around the outside wall of the chambers as a way to insulate heat. If it's me, I'd be concerned about the possibility of inhaling those synthetic materials. Gaia uses 100% air to insulate heat from the vaporization process. With the lowest thermal conductivity, air performs better in insulation than other materials as well. Such technology is used in other industries, but we are the pioneers who applied it in vaporizer design. The vapor generated by Gaia is much healthier and tastes purer and fresher.

Our team really puts lots of efforts and resources into designing innovative vaporizers that excel in both the taste and health. The Gaia has a full quartz chamber currently patent-pending.

Check on us later as more reviewers and customers use our product and give feedbacks. We've got enthusiastic reviews from the first group of users! We're very excited with the launch of Gaia. Hope you can try the Gaia one day and enjoy the pure and healthy taste brought by the full quartz heating chamber.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
air performs better in insulation than other materials

i found this to be true as well ... around my glass heater oven i use 1/8" air gap, then a cylinder of highly reflective 30ga stainless steel (to reflect the radiation from the outside of the heater coil back in toward the oven tube), and another 1/8" air gap to the inside wall of the cube body. the body never gets more than barely warm even after multiple 7 minute sessions.

it seemed strange to me to pack an insulating material around the heater - it is eventually going to heat saturate.

needalift

@E. A. Ridgill , I really like the look of this vape , and you have given a lot of information . But it seems like there is hardly if any mention about the battery . How long is the battery life ? Can this vape be used while charging ? Can the battery be replaced by the manufacturer ?
Thanks ..

needalift,

ZC

I like the look of the vape, very stealth and would pass as a boxmod to anyone who didn't already know what it is. (With the metal mouthpiece at least, the glass is a dead giveaway)

But I can't get past the non-removable battery. I'll never get another vape without a swappable battery. Waiting 3-4 hours for a charge between a dead battery is just not acceptable when there are a ton of amazing vapes on the market that allow you to swap in a fresh battery and keep vaping.

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
@E. A. Ridgill , I really like the look of this vape , and you have given a lot of information . But it seems like there is hardly if any mention about the battery . How long is the battery life ? Can this vape be used while charging ? Can the battery be replaced by the manufacturer ?
Thanks ..

Gaia has a built-in 18650 rechargeable, 2200 mAH Lithium-ion battery. A fully charged Gaia may last 2 - 3 days if used regularly. We expect a high quality battery such as Gaia's will have a lifespan of 3 years or longer.

And yes, Gaia is designed with pass-through charging so the device can be used while charging.

The best way to maintain any Lithium-ion battery is to ensure not over-charge nor over-drain the battery. We suggest customers try NOT to drain the battery completely before the next charge, nor charge the battery over time. This tactics will help improving the battery life.

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
I like the look of the vape, very stealth and would pass as a boxmod to anyone who didn't already know what it is. (With the metal mouthpiece at least, the glass is a dead giveaway)

But I can't get past the non-removable battery. I'll never get another vape without a swappable battery. Waiting 3-4 hours for a charge between a dead battery is just not acceptable when there are a ton of amazing vapes on the market that allow you to swap in a fresh battery and keep vaping.

Gaia features pass-through charging that you can vape while charging.

We considered offering swappable battery when the Gaia was in the design and development stage. I know FC members are very experienced and technical advanced. It might be simple for folks here to handle customizable vapes. The majority of our customers, on the other hand, prefer a nice and simple device that doesn't require research or doesn't even require reading of the user manual. This seems a trend in the electronics market, such as iPhone.

Another reason is for safety. Gaia features a 18650 soft pack Lithium-ion battery. Soft pack is considered much safer than swappable batteries (which must have a hard steel shell) if potential explosion is taken into consideration. We all heard the story of Samsung Note 7, a nightmare for both the consumers and Samsung. As a company, Linx wants to be particularly careful in designing a safe product for our customers even if we have to compromise on the convenience. I am not saying hard shelled batteries are not safe, it's just that soft packed battery is a comparably safer option.

It's always good to hear the suggestions though, we'll keep them in mind when we design new models.

ZC

Thanks for the clarification and insight into your design decisions.

Is the pass through charging true pass through? As in, will the vape worked while plugged in in a dead battery? Because it seems to me USB doesn't provide enough power for most vapes. I'm assuming it's not so much pass through charging as being able to charge while using, in which case you'd be draining the battery faster than its charging. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom