Linx Eden

Vape_Or_Die420

The medium grind sifting disc that comes standard with the Lift Innovations grinder is a bit too course for the Eden in my opinion. I feel that my herb doesnt get a full extraction without grinding fine. I am considering getting the fine disc for this reason.

I am currently using the NewVape fine grind 2 pcs. Been throwing straight powder into the Eden with no issue of getting more than a few crumbs down the bottom hole. In my experience it can totally take a powdery grind as long as you brush and blow out the bucket really well after every sesh.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Anyone use the fine sifting disk for the Lift Innovations grinder? Would it be a good consistency to vape in the Eden?
I agree with @Shit Snacks - you are much better off with fine/medium than fine/powdery grind.

Edit: Oops took too long to reply - didn’t see above post. My nose gets super sensitive when I use powdery. Some particles get through, at least for me.

Vape_Or_Die420

I agree with @Shit Snacks - you are much better off with fine/medium than fine/powdery grind.

Edit: Oops took too long to reply - didn’t see above post. My nose gets super sensitive when I use powdery. Some particles get through, at least for me.
Interesting... I have noticed in the past few years that sometimes when i vape it will make me sneeze. Even with concentrate pens. Never have that issue with a joint though.

V_for_Vaping

Would have liked to see a fifth setting for 340

I just got mine today, charging now! Looking forward to trying it out later.

I read somewhere about a “boost mode” that adds 20° which no one has seemed to mention yet. Unfortunately, I was at work in incognito mode and couldn’t find where I saw that again. Does anyone know anything about that (@e-a-ridgill)? Basically, you hold down the power button after it reaches temp and it’ll go higher.

It also mentioned a stealth mode to keep the lights dim/off.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just got mine today, charging now! Looking forward to trying it out later.

I read somewhere about a “boost mode” that adds 20° which no one has seemed to mention yet. Unfortunately, I was at work in incognito mode and couldn’t find where I saw that again. Does anyone know anything about that (@e-a-ridgill)? Basically, you hold down the power button after it reaches temp and it’ll go higher.

It also mentioned a stealth mode to keep the lights dim/off.

I did not know about either of those settings! I'm still using mine in my own on-demand style...

Vape_Or_Die420

Ended up selling my Eden. Really liked the device. My only gripe that pushed me away from it was how often you need to clean the mouthpiece. If you don't clean frequently it ruines the draw resistance. Your face will turn purple trying to get vapor out. Cleaning once a week is too much for me.

Decided to buy a nugsmasher and make my own rosin to use in my Linx Hypnos Zero.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

FWIW I have not cleaned mine yet, not that it sees super heavy use, but perhaps with my on demand technique the draw restriction is less of an issue (though I am definitely aware of it)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A friend got one of these at the 4/20 sale at Namaste and is using it daily since then. It is a solid vaporizer ,first time i tried it i was surprised by the taste,but now after some use it is not the case.
It has the exact same issue as the XVAPE FOG .. herb particles end up on the heater and create combustion smell on heatup... I think that vaporizer manufacturers should predict this and allow some kind of access for cleaning or at least partial disassembly . They can take a look at the Fenix Pro, which sofar is the only mass produced portable that allows that with its ECA tech. After allmaintanance is crucial to a healthy experience which should be the main focus of such device. Probably from manufacturers point of view, it doesnt affect that much the number sales and also allows more space for people to break theirs while cleaning which would mean more warranty cases and repairs.

Vape_Or_Die420

This seems like an excellent product. Why isn't it as well known as many others here?
I am a big fan of Linx.

My biggest gripe with this product though was how fast the cooling unit got dirty, ruining much needed airflow. The mouthpiece got really hot pretty quick, even with the silicon. Charging was on the long side too. I really wanted to love this vape. I liked the quality of the materials and vapor quality.

I ended up selling mine and got a Crafty+.

Vape_Or_Die420

I appreciate the input. Does anyone know what the heating element itself is made of. I'm aware the 'chamber' is quartz.
Its like medical grade ceramic i think. Linx really does use the best quality materials. The Eden just needs a couple tweaks in my opinion.

Btw using it with the water pipe attachment fixes all the issues i had with it. It just makes it way less portable.

Shit Snacks

I just got one for $90 shipped. I would like something discreet and really like what Linx is doing, so I want to support them. Hopefully will help further their R&D.

Yeah it is ceramic, my other biggest gripe is not being able to clean in between the quartz bowl and the ceramic heating element, but tips were mentioned in here... I also highly recommend my on demand style of usage ofcourse! I still don't know why so many people slept on this one, but jumped in on another, similar looking yet imo less enjoyable, budget convection vape...

Mr. Lahey

Got mine and have been trying it out after a burn-off. Taste is great.

Couple questions:

Anyone else's device initially make high pitch noise when heater was engaged?

Are there any potential downsides/ramificaitons to the "on-demand" style described in this thread? Wouldn't want to cause power surge to heater due to constand draw while on, etc. that could potentially damage the device.

Thanks! good work Linx.

Shit Snacks

Couple questions:

Are there any potential downsides/ramificaitons to the "on-demand" style described in this thread? Wouldn't want to cause power surge to heater due to constand draw while on, etc. that could potentially damage the device.

Thanks! good work Linx.

I haven't noticed a noise, but wouldn't worry about it much, lot of vapes have noisy heaters...

Also no downside to the on-demand mode in my experience except that the temp control is a bit more relative ofcourse, I mostly use it on blue.

I don't know what a power surge would be, it does get hotter during a heat up which is why it works so well on demand, but I don't know I never thought about it damaging the device...

Vape_Or_Die420

Mine has the same noise. It is the thermostat and it can be sort of annoying but totally normal.

Couple questions:

Thanks! good work Linx.

Shit Snacks

Legacy Thread:

This is a continuation of the thread for the Linx Eden, a pure convection herbal vape pen with quartz chamber and ceramic heater... Technically it is a session vape with 4 temp settings, but I prefer to use it on demand for quicker thicker clouds with still stellar flavor.

Retail is $99 but there's always a code to find :tup: (try LINXFC10)

My impressions from the legacy thread below:

....okay back with second bowl results (not going to play by play beyond this lol) just to compare a very different experience. Loaded fully full now, courser grind than before, blend of grapefruit punch and lemon kush, slightly packed in even. This time I started inhaling as it started flashing to heat up at the lowest setting, took maybe a 20-second draw without a reaching temp, I could feel it raising in temp near the end trying to heat up btw so this could be risky, but so I then turned it off to clear and got a great big tasty hit, successfully on demand.

Since I packed it tight, I then dumped it out and reloaded in reverse to get the fresher on the bottom (these buds are much less nice than the mimosa). Hit it again the same way with an even thicker cloud, though the first was no slouch! After that I let it heat up normally to green 380 and got some more, put it to red 428 and finished it off as taste was gone...

...the box did have a smell, I was surprised that the unit itself didn't seem too really however. I think the silicone covers are the main culprit, I will probably soak mine to neutralize. I did do an iso qtip swab for bowl and mp before first use too, in between burn offs, just to be safe. It is a nice package though, with a lot of extras (three spare mps!)

I am also noticing long slow deep draws are required, which makes sense because I don't think the heater is exceptionally large or high powered, so not uncommon for convection heating like this. As such recovery time in between hits makes sense, but I am really enjoying my on-demand style.

I can get a nice hit while heating up and turn it off to clear, doing this several times at various temps with a full bowl course ground. I can get the avb darker brown without sacrificing flavor, stirring once helps with this, though not necessary really. Have been able to control by sensing heat to avoid any scorching, can get a couple darker pieces of herb in avb maybe, but I'd say you have a 30-second buffer at least. I actually can get two hits in while heating up if I want, sorta semi session on demand hybrid...

You can also use it session style in the same bowl, however on demand has the benefit of keeping the mouthpiece cooler as well. Yeah the screens are good, easy to keep clear, but enough filter (maybe some draw restriction in mp, but also due to the full load probably). Battery life seems to be quite good for me so far too, though I will need to test that properly... The LED light indications are well thought out for temp settings and battery level.

By the way my medium-course ground is coming out of a BCG with fine plate too, if I want a more consistent medium-fine grind I kinda need to turn my BCG upside down first (that first bowl was done this way, second was courser, but consistent too so I think I also had it upside down at first briefly). This was it in the other avb picture I was trying to post:

[IMG]

This one was after, same stuff at yellow 400, puffing for a full 4min session:
[IMG]

I did not take any pictures of my latest on demand avb, I've done several bowls today, but here is a full packed (I don't mean packed tight when I say that by the way) bowl of cheese medium ground:

[IMG]

I should go back to trying smaller bowls, that is more my typical usage, but this has been a long holiday for me lol. I agree that the vapor can be quite smooth despite the hot glass tip and metal beneath it. I was able to connect through water and to a cooling stem, but will test more and report on that later on (spoiler, they both worked successfully).

I too really like the magnetic mouthpiece, it does help with the heat after a session actually. So far it is quite easy to keep clean, it kind of reminds me of a Firefly meets Thermovape, at a third of the price! I know its still early and its not perfect, but color me impressed...

mccringleberry said:
how does it do with a smallish 0.03-0.05 load?

So I think it can handle it actually!

[IMG]

Did my on demand thing at 380 twice, then 400 twice, before one at red428 and then sessioning there for some more. I did notice the mp got hot quicker, maybe because there was less herb to absorb some heat first... Hard to tell from the picture, but it is a vaped light brown no longer green....

...I wouldn't say the clouds were huge with that small of a load, and it may also be necessary to use my on demand method to get the most out of it... Of course a load that small goes through the taste quicker, and as I said seems to transfer more heat to the mouthpiece quicker. I still need to try with the lava pads, but yeah I would expect that to hurt flavor even more with the mass of steel...

...I had a couple great bowls last night, with this lovely Rainbow Sherbet strain, medium-course ground from my BCG fine, first one about 3/4 full. Using in my on demand style, I got three great hits on blue, thick tasty vapor. I then took one at green, and two at yellow, before bumping to red for a few more to finish. And then had another bowl, only about 1/3 or so full this time, but with two hits at each setting on demand for a total of ten. Using it this way is quite effective and enjoyable, standing by my Firefly meets Thermovape comparison, the Eden seems to be a worthy Grasshopper competitor as well.. .Another little thing I forgot to mention that is pretty nice, the mouthpiece doesn't take too many turns to thread on and off. Again the magnetic cap is great, and could make it easy to design some sort of cooling mouthpiece or wpa adapter. I did open the mouthpiece to see that there is a little bit of a cooling path with the screens, despite some draw restriction, I do like this design, easy to keep clean so far...

...all you do is start drawing shortly after you turn it on for a long hit, turning it off when your lungs are nearly filled so you can draw to clear and cool it. Doing this at blue360 I get thick tasty clouds...

...I used mine earlier with a 3/4 full bowl of the mimosa medium ground, I had a 10 minute walk to see a friends short play, so I took three hits on blue and one on green before I got there. Nice stony buzz that definitely lasted, I was even a little high an hour later, which is certainly a good mark for a good convection vape...

...today I even just hand tore a nice lemon haze bud for a full chamber. The first two hits on blue were big and tasty, third on blue and one on green were smaller, but still a cloud. Came back to the bowl several hours later for another on green, one on yellow, then up to red to finish.

Using it on demand I am having a pretty great experience, its actually nice and not having to hold down the button during hits unlike Vapes that are designed for on demand. I still haven't properly tested the battery life, but I think 4-5 bowls is a fair estimate...

...not very fine grind, more medium course bc of the screen holes on top and bottom, and good for its convection style (like Firefly). And yeah not packing it, only slightly to fill, usually full bowls.

I use my on demand style for long slow draws and thick tasty clouds on blue, shutting it off mid draw before it even vibrates/stops flashing. I get 4-8 hits probably, stepping up temps to finish after milking blue for the first half...

...I have not cleaned mine yet, not that it sees super heavy use, but perhaps with my on demand technique the draw restriction is less of an issue (though I am definitely aware of it, there is a slight cooling system)...

I still don't know why so many people slept on this one...

Top Bottom