Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

overdriveak

It depends entirely on the ability of the unit to dissipate heat to the environment.

For example if you were using it outside in 0F weather, it would be much more difficult to get the temperature hot enough to melt plastic or start a fire.

However if it's under a blanket with ambient temperature steadily rising(more of a closed system), it can get to dangerous levels (over time) even at a lower heat setting.

Thanks for the input. But to clarify, it only gets really hot (to the point of a fire hazard or even just uncomfortable to hold) at max?

I feel like as long as it can easily stand on its own as a desktop vape without burning the surface that its on, it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

overdriveak,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Ok i see what you mean. Well, sounds like a powerful piece to say the least!

To be honest I think im gonna splurge (again lolz) on stuff when i get paid in 2 days and buy a blue LSV, and a walnut MFLB (my current buddy needs a brother).

1 more Q. does the LSV stand on its own pretty steady? I'm not saying if there's an earthquake will it not fall, im saying can I just put it upright on a table, and it not easily fall over.

Cereal_MF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hey 1 more thing to that... Does it really need to be on 3 all that often? I'm not a speed vapor. IF i need to rush a high, I usually just smoke.
I use mine at 12 90% of the time.

It heats up quite quickly, under 5 mins, so you don't need to leave it running if you don't want to, but I find it more convinient to be able to just pick up the LSV and go, so I tend to leave it on for extended periods.

I have never burnt anything with the LSV, be it myself, or furniture, fabrics etc.

It's only gonna be a fire hazard if you are silly with it, and even then, IMO it's just as much a fire hazard as a lot of vapes (I would think most plug in vapes would be a fire hazard if totally surrounded by some kind of insulating material [like a blanket, or couch cushions or something] and that's the only time I personally see the LSV as being a fire hazard).
If you're gonna leave it unattended, leave it on a table, not your couch or bed (or just turn it off).
1 more Q. does the LSV stand on its own pretty steady? I'm not saying if there's an earthquake will it not fall, im saying can I just put it upright on a table, and it not easily fall over.
It can't really stand up, you have to rest it on it's side.
So technically it might not fall over in an earthquake :lol: (It might roll a bit though ;))
Here's what I use to keep it vertical:
It was part of a cheap cocktail set I saw in a $2 shop.
It originally had 4 arm things coming off the side of it, but I snapped them off and Viola:
I find it keeps the body a bit cooler too :tup:
I originally thought that the heat from the element would rise, giving me a higher body temp, but I guess there's less reflected heat from the surface it would've been lying on, so it's a bit cooler to the touch (but can still get quite hot)

Frederick McGuire,

vapeguy

In my experience, if you put the LSV on 3 o clock(max)

Wait a minute, by "max" do you mean "the furthers you SHOULD" go or "the furthers the knob can turn"?

Because on mine if I turn the knob as far clockwise as I can it's past 5 o clock, with "clicked off" being at about 7 o clock. Is my or your knob not aligned right?

About cleaning the screens, I cleaned mine for the first time yesterday with both methods I was recommended in another thread and both work incredibly well but one is better. The first was to hold it with pliers and heat it with a butane torch, but this is more complex and more damaging to the screen. The other is to soak it in iso, I left some soak and after taking them out and a quick rinse under water they were like new, so I now have a small jar with iso to dump my used screens in.

Hey 1 more thing to that... Does it really need to be on 3 all that often? I'm not a speed vapor. IF i need to rush a high, I usually just smoke.
Believe me, the LSV can get you higher far faster than smoking even including prepare time. When I want just a mini quick high I load .1 or less, set it on 3 (there now seems to be some discrepancy between what "max" or "3" is so this may be meaningless) and within a minute and 3-4 hits I'm done. But for normal use I start at 12 or 1 o clock.

About the fire hazard I did recommend to 7th Floor to consider adding a temp probe coming out of a 2nd hole next to the heater (come to think of it a temp probe inside the body checking the casing temperature would also do and not be close to the airpath) to shut it down if the body gets abnormally hot, this would prevent it from causing a fire if it was left on under a blanket (assuming the "Swiss cheese guard" is on) and make it a much safer device.

overdriveak

Wait a minute, by "max" do you mean "the furthers you SHOULD" go or "the furthers the knob can turn"?

Because on mine if I turn the knob as far clockwise as I can it's past 5 o clock, with "clicked off" being at about 7 o clock. Is my or your knob not aligned right?

On both the units I've had, 3 o clock is approximately as far as the knob will turn. I think this is the "standard" configuration from the factory. It is easy to adjust the knob; just pull upwards on it, keep working it and it should slide off.
About the fire hazard I did recommend to 7th Floor to consider adding a temp probe coming out of a 2nd hole next to the heater (come to think of it a temp probe inside the body checking the casing temperature would also do and not be close to the airpath) to shut it down if the body gets abnormally hot, this would prevent it from causing a fire if it was left on under a blanket (assuming the "Swiss cheese guard" is on) and make it a much safer device.

That is an idea. I also think a simple and easy to use stand included with the unit would go a long way towards encouraging proper placement of the unit while in use. Due to shape and cord configuration of the vaporizer, without a stand we all know it can be awkward to place securely on a surface. I have found, as many probably do, that it is often easier to drop it into the carrying case or a crack between couch cushions for example. A good stand would help the odds as far as making sure the units are more consistently set down in a safe place while powered on. You have to make it easy and convenient for people.

overdriveak,

vapeguy

On both the units I've had, 3 o clock is approximately as far as the knob will turn. I think this is the "standard" configuration from the factory. It is easy to adjust the knob; just pull upwards on it, keep working it and it should slide off.

I know the knob can be repositioned but I thought I had mine as it should be. It would help me a lot also if you could tell me where it points when turned as far counter clockwise as it goes (clicked in the off position). It will help to get my knob set right because this means all knob positions I mentioned so far are likely 2 hours off.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Both my LSVs came with the knob in the same position - 7 when turned off.
I thought that they all came with a fairly uniform knob placement direct from 7th floor.

Frederick McGuire,

overdriveak

I know the knob can be repositioned but I thought I had mine as it should be. It would help me a lot also if you could tell me where it points when turned as far counter clockwise as it goes (clicked in the off position). It will help to get my knob set right because this means all knob positions I mentioned so far are likely 2 hours off.

Thanks

Thanks

12 o clock would be the line on the knob pointing strait up towards the light and cord. With that in mind somewhere around 7am should be off and 3pm is max.

Edit: actually I just rechecked mine and it clicks to off at around 5am. Was going off memory and what someone else said. 3pm is still the max though.

overdriveak,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, 3 is your max because yours turns on at approx 5.

My max is closer to 5, since mine turns on closer to 7.

Edit,
Btw, there shouldn't really be any "am" or "pm" to these clock references, unless you've got a pretty spiffy analog clock ;)
[/pedantic]

Frederick McGuire,

overdriveak

Well, 3 is your max because yours turns on at approx 5.

My max is closer to 5, since mine turns on closer to 7.

Edit,
Btw, there shouldn't really be any "am" or "pm" to these clock references, unless you've got a pretty spiffy analog clock ;)
[/pedantic]

Oops was trying to describe it in extra detail. Haha. Maybe my memory serves me wrong and my old unit went further than 3pm too. Thats probably why I dont use my newer unit past 11. Again more evidence that knob position varies sometimes as they come from the factory. I think if everyone treats the numbers as more of a ballpark range that would make sense. Depending on your preferences the "working range" of the vape is 45-80% of full power.

overdriveak,

Cereal_MF

You have to make it easy and convenient for people.

Did youy suggest this recently? I think a nice simple stand would be sick. just something really simple, or ill just have to come up with somethin on my own :goon:

Cereal_MF,

vapeguy

To add to the confusion, I noticed now some are referring to the "time position setting" with the LSV upside down (wire coming out at the top) and others right side up. This makes another 6 hour difference to what those users report.

Since I use it pretty much only with the wand, the wire comes out the bottom for me.

So adding this upside down/right side up factor just makes it even more complicated to figure out other people's knob positions, I was always referring to the knob position with the LSV's wire coming out the bottom and wand pointing up, is this how most of you read it?

vapeguy,

blais

I just ordered myself a blue lsv to pair with my ssv, I also ordered a custom knob with it, I love vapor bonging so much, its the only way I feel I get medicated with vapor, for some reason when using a whip my lungs tend to give up before Im medicated, I cough alot for some reason when vaping and or combusting anyone got any solutions

NewVape

What a guy!
My advice for what its worth? Once you get your LSV you will have a chance to play with it a bit and you will find the butter zone for your LSV, which in fact might be different from mine.

What temp to set it at the first time? Most reports, including mine, seem to be that 1/2-3/4 power does the job. So I'd start there and go up are down depending on the vapor you want.

As far as a fire hazard, well really all you have to do is use common sense. I wouldn't advise you to smoke cigarettes in bed, nor would I advise you to vape there with an LSV either... or use a heating pad under blankets, etc.

And as far as it getting hot to the touch? As I'm writing this my LSV has been on for about 30 minutes at vaping temp and the upper part is warm to the touch, and the bottom part is barely above room temp. And it's producing plenty of vapor, wait let me check... Yep big cloud. Now when I'm done vaping this stem I'll make sure I turn it off before walking away, but I'd do that with any vape.

So the bottom line in my exp is that you'll learn your own LSV just liked any other appliance you buy (not all toasters toast the same). Just use use common sense and don't stick a fork in the toaster. Or the heat port. Or what ever you know what I mean.

Cereal_MF

I just ordered myself a blue lsv to pair with my ssv, I also ordered a custom knob with it, I love vapor bonging so much, its the only way I feel I get medicated with vapor, for some reason when using a whip my lungs tend to give up before Im medicated, I cough alot for some reason when vaping and or combusting anyone got any solutions
We're gonna have twins man! Ive been thinking of ordering a blue one for a few days now, and my direct deposit should be in within a couple hours!

Cereal_MF,

overdriveak

Did youy suggest this recently? I think a nice simple stand would be sick. just something really simple, or ill just have to come up with somethin on my own :goon:
No, but I know it has been mentioned before.:science: I was thinking of something with a heavy stable base and a siliconized hook. You could hang the unit on there by the holes on the aluminum "swiss cheese" housing. Seems like a simple enough design and would allow the cord to rest in an unkinked position(running downwards). Also with the heating element pointing up, heat transfer to the environment would be maximized and it would be easy enough to place or remove the unit from the stand with the hook system.

overdriveak,

Cereal_MF

No, but I know it has been mentioned before.:science: I was thinking of something with a heavy stable base and a siliconized hook. You could hang the unit on there by the holes on the aluminum "swiss cheese" housing. Seems like a simple enough design and would allow the cord to rest in an unkinked position(running downwards). With heating element pointing up, heat would be well dissipated and it would be easy enough to place or remove the unit from the stand with the hook system.
Maybe a mini guitar stand. Ill have to mess with some metal scraps

Cereal_MF,

overdriveak

Maybe a mini guitar stand. Ill have to mess with some metal scraps
Right on! BTW I noticed you are coming from an mflb with batteries. Get ready for a huge jump in performance; you are about to trade in a go kart for a muscle car. :freak: I was hurting when I was forced to go back to only mflb for a while. Both in quantity and quality(I like the glass). I think my batteries are getting kind of worn out on the mflb but it could be just being used to the effortless and plentiful extraction on the LSV. :haw:

overdriveak,

overdriveak

Regarding a stand.... I just thought instead of having a large solid base, using a clamp would be a weight and space saving alternative. You could just clamp it to the edge of a table, shelf, bed frame, etc.

overdriveak,

Cereal_MF

good shit, both of you. oh no, its just you! I'm buying this as i sip coffee tomorrow!

Cereal_MF,

blais

Are you able to use the LSV in a bong "hands free" or do you need to be holding on too it, i have seen some videos and people have held them but i just wanted to know if you had too, almost like a standard wand for the ssv?

blais,
Hey newbie here, hello LSV owners! :D

I wanted to just ask a few Q's since I am eying a LSV for future purchase:

1) If you are using your LSV with the whip attachment connected to a bong, to clear the chamber do you have to unhook the whip from the bong and the LSV? or does just pulling the whip out of the LSV give you enough air flow to pull?

2) SATURN TAMER OWNERS - If you are using the Saturn with out cooling/freezing it, is there any benefit? Just want to know, because if I had to cool/freeze it everytime it wouldnt be worth it to me.

3) AQUA VAPE OWNERS - If you use the aquavape with the LSV what are your thoughts? Whip or direct? in comparison to the Saturn?

4) Is there a good DIY stand for this out there? So I can leave it stationary while I whip.

Thanks eveyone for the already great info in this thread! :clap:

Vaped Crusader,

Cereal_MF

Diy! Thats wut im gonna do :) probably just gonna ave some sort of hook which it can hang from thru the vent holez

Cereal_MF,

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
My advice for what its worth? Once you get your LSV you will have a chance to play with it a bit and you will find the butter zone for your LSV, which in fact might be different from mine.

What temp to set it at the first time? Most reports, including mine, seem to be that 1/2-3/4 power does the job. So I'd start there and go up are down depending on the vapor you want.

As far as a fire hazard, well really all you have to do is use common sense. I wouldn't advise you to smoke cigarettes in bed, nor would I advise you to vape there with an LSV either... or use a heating pad under blankets, etc.

And as far as it getting hot to the touch? As I'm writing this my LSV has been on for about 30 minutes at vaping temp and the upper part is warm to the touch, and the bottom part is barely above room temp. And it's producing plenty of vapor, wait let me check... Yep big cloud. Now when I'm done vaping this stem I'll make sure I turn it off before walking away, but I'd do that with any vape.

So the bottom line in my exp is that you'll learn your own LSV just liked any other appliance you buy (not all toasters toast the same). Just use use common sense and don't stick a fork in the toaster. Or the heat port. Or what ever you know what I mean.

I am concerned that you say after 30 minutes at vape temp the bottom part is barely warm? Mine is pretty hot at that point! I am worried maybe mine might have an issue... Do you use air conditioning? What is the ambient temp of the area where you vape? Where does your vape rest while not in your hand and on? Just trying to compare all variables before I send 7th Floor an email. Thanks.:wave:

SnowSquirrel,
Top Bottom