Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

overdriveak

I love how easy the LSV is to clean! Already after just 3 days I cleaned my shorty wand (about the only one I use) and replaced the filter and put the used one to soak in iso. I have this brush to clean inside a turkey baster and it works great to clean the inside of the wand, in no time at all my wand looked brand new.

With the Volcano I used to boil the half million valve parts and springs and nuts and bolts and gaskets in water and iso and then had to brush all the gunk out of every nook and cranny of every part, then cut and re assemble one of those noisy bags, it was such a chore I only did it every few weeks at most. Then there was the special Volcano filters that need to be bolted in place and are like $3 per screen instead of $2 for 10 like with the LSV.

BTW, I got lemon balm as well as passion flower tea bags to vape to try other herbs. I tried one after the other so it's hard to tell which did it but it was calming. The passion flower didn't taste too good but the lemon balm I'd vape just for taste, it's very lemony.

Great point good to hear an opinion from someone with experience using and maintaining both units. I was actually going to order some screens from 7TH Foor but ended up finding that my local smoke shop had a wide variety of stainless screen sizes. I found a perfect size that seems to be very slightly bigger than what comes with the lsv. It is actually a better fit because it is more snug and never pops loose anymore. Their price was decent as well 8 for $1. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about screens, might be more convinient to shop local.

overdriveak,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
OK then, update on my modding plans for the LSV:

First, the bit I really didn't want to do, but it had to happen sooner or later, I cut the power cord

So now that I've got the back cover of the LSV free from the cord & the unit, I head over to the machining place that might be able to make me the replacement cover.

The guy has a look at it, and tells me it would cost them $350 to do it (Because it's a one off, if I was getting 50 of em, he said it'd be closer to $20 each) :ugh:
So I told him it was higher than what I wanted to pay (I was hoping it'd be around $50-60, but had NFI what it would actually be).
The guy then told me about another place that might be able to do it for cheaper that was a few streets away, so I went over there.

He looked at the endcap, asked me how quickly I needed it (I told him no rush, it's just for tinkering), he looked at it for a second, and says, "OK, I can have it ready by next week".
I asked him how much, and he said because it was such a small job, he could probably fit it in when there was gonna be some downtime with his equipment between jobs, so it would be $35.

Hells to the yes :D

So in a week or so I should have myself a nice new LSV endcap :brow:.

EDIT:
I was having a sesh with the LSV last night, and was trying to decide which piece of glass I wanted to use, and I decided to give the transfer wand another go.
I packed the long wand, and after the 1st draw, I again knew I preferred vaping through water, as the back of my throat felt a bit dry and uncomfortable by about halfway through the 1st hit.
I got a glass of water, and had a novel idea:
Mouth Bong!
So I put some water in my mouth under my tongue, made sure the mouthpiece of the wand was submerged, and inhaled.
SUCCESS :D
It was kinda awkward, but it totally worked :)

I got nice bit hits, with less irritation than hitting it dry, and just swallowed the water after the hit.
I even used fruit juice for 1 hit - it was fun :ko:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

vapeguy

I've had my LSV for almost a week now and I can't believe I even considered keeping the Volcano! By the way the last cleaning of my 'cano before putting it for sale really reminded me how insanely easier to clean the LSV is.

With the LSV you have this to clean:
-Screen
-Wand

With the Volcano:
-Filling chamber
-Filling chamber insert rod
-Filling chamber insert top cap
-Filling chamber insert screen support
-Filling chamber insert screen
-Filling chamber insert screen washer
-Filling chamber insert screen bolt
-Solid valve
-Solid valve spring
-Solid valve inner tube
-Solid valve inner tube gasket
-Solid valve inner tube screw top
-Solid valve baloon gasket
-Solid valve baloon clip
-Mouthpiece
-Mouthpiece inner tube
-Mouthpiece end cap

Hmmm... which do you think is easier to clean? And just try unscrewing the parts when they are glued together with resin, it takes full force up to the very last turn. I used to clean my 'cano every few months (seeing the above list I wonder why...) while I've already cleaned my LSV twice in a week because it's a 2 minute process rather than a 15-45 minute process.

Then there's the efficiency which is way better than 'cano and better than the Solo. It's far more efficient than the 'cano for small loads, I even tried a Solo stem load transferred into my LSV stem and started at 3'o'clock and got 2-3 good hits that were delivered MUCH faster than the Solo could and have more or faster effect than the same amount in the Solo. I also like that the herb isn't cooked while "idling" which is the case with the Solo, even after having the LSV on for 15 minutes or more I can still comfortably touch inside the glass hole where the wand goes so the herb isn't heated other than when you inhale (or leave it on long enough for the end to get hot). The vapor is also delivered fresh on every hit, not stored in a bag where it condenses and "fades away".

This is without a doubt the best vape I ever had and works just like I'd want:
-Efficient with both small and medium loads
-Doesn't cook herb while "idling"
-Direct draw for freshly generated vapor on every hit

I highly recommend the LSV, don't be fooled by it's simplicity.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@FMG. What mod are you making to the end cap? Is it just a straight replacement or are there a few changes?

J.R.R.Tokin',

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Its deeper, so that my female power plug will fit in there.

So instead of it being threads then end wall, it'll be threads, then some more length (around 3cm or so) then the end wall.

Raf007

Retailer
aab1, I too droppped the Cano for the LSV and never went back.
But just FYI, to easily clean the cano chamber, just blow some hot air through it, this will unglu all the parts and make them easy to remove and clean with just a kleenex if you need to.

Raf007,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Its deeper, so that my female power plug will fit in there.

So instead of it being threads then end wall, it'll be threads, then some more length (around 3cm or so) then the end wall.
NIce, I really like the idea. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Gobrian

Got a solo right now, pretty happy with it, but I'm really eyeing this vape out.

Can someone with experience with both vapes please compare/contrast the two for me???

Gobrian,

vapeguy

I have both, basically I describe the LSV as a "Solo on steroids". It has major advantages over the Solo:
-Much larger herb capacity, but efficient with a Solo sized load as well
-Completely free airflow, as much as the Solo is almost like sucking on a tube that's sealed shut at the other end, the LSV is like sucking on an empty tube with absolutely no restriction
-Doesn't cook your herb while "idling", a load left idling even just a few minutes on the Solo will be ruined, you can leave the LSV on for over 15 minutes before the herb chamber even begins to get hot, basically the heat source is relatively far away from the herb and the herb is only heated by convection while inhaling, while in the Solo the heating element surrounds the herb chamber, like having it in an oven even while not inhaling

There are also other minor advantages like a much wider temp range (not that the Solo's isn't good), plug in design which is also a disadvantage but I used my Solo at home most of the time anyway and there's the WPA option. Some disadvantages of the LSV would be no auto off (which tend to be annoying but is a good safety feature in case you were to fall asleep, don't let that happen with the LSV or you may wake up dead!), it does tend to get hot after being on for long periods, though it cools down in almost 5 minutes when turned off so it can be cooled fairly quickly by giving it a few minutes break. If it really bothered you I figured you can always buy a 2nd "swiss cheese tube section" and alternate them as one gets hot on the LSV another can cool lol.

I have a question for over LSV users: Is it normal I seem to have to replace the screen every 3-5 sessions? I've just been replacing them because I used my 2 bottles of iso to clean my half million volcano parts to resell it so I have none left to clean the filters but I have kept my clogged filters for cleaning for when I finally get iso. For some reason my Volcano filter would only clog the outer ring and the center of the filter was always clear and I left it in this "half clogged" state for weeks or months, which likely explains how inefficient it was.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Gobrian

I have both, basically I describe the LSV as a "Solo on steroids". It has major advantages over the Solo:
-Much larger herb capacity, but efficient with a Solo sized load as well
-Completely free airflow, as much as the Solo is almost like sucking on a tube that's sealed shut at the other end, the LSV is like sucking on an empty tube with absolutely no restriction
-Doesn't cook your herb while "idling", a load left idling even just a few minutes on the Solo will be ruined, you can leave the LSV on for over 15 minutes before the herb chamber even begins to get hot, basically the heat source is relatively far away from the herb and the herb is only heated by convection while inhaling, while in the Solo the heating element surrounds the herb chamber, like having it in an oven even while not inhaling

There are also other minor advantages like a much wider temp range (not that the Solo's isn't good), plug in design which is also a disadvantage but I used my Solo at home most of the time anyway and there's the WPA option. Some disadvantages of the LSV would be no auto off (which tend to be annoying but is a good safety feature in case you were to fall asleep, don't let that happen with the LSV or you may wake up dead!), it does tend to get hot after being on for long periods, though it cools down in almost 5 minutes when turned off so it can be cooled fairly quickly by giving it a few minutes break. If it really bothered you I figured you can always buy a 2nd "swiss cheese tube section" and alternate them as one gets hot on the LSV another can cool lol.

I have a question for over LSV users: Is it normal I seem to have to replace the screen every 3-5 sessions? I've just been replacing them because I used my 2 bottles of iso to clean my half million volcano parts to resell it so I have none left to clean the filters but I have kept my clogged filters for cleaning for when I finally get iso. For some reason my Volcano filter would only clog the outer ring and the center of the filter was always clear and I left it in this "half clogged" state for weeks or months, which likely explains how inefficient it was.

Thanks

wat

Gobrian,

vapeguy

Since there is no auto off on the LSV, and it's not safe to leave on or near something that can catch fire when it's on, if ever for example you were using it in bed before going to sleep and fell asleep with it on on the bed, it would be likely to start a fire.

Basically, just make sure it's always in your hand or in a safe place when it's on, so just like it would be unsafe to fall asleep with a running hair dryer on your bed, it's unsafe to fall asleep with a running LSV on your bed.

vapeguy,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I know nothing is perfect, but theres 2 aspects of the LSV that im unsure about.

The first is that the part you hold gets uncomfortably hot

The 2nd is the screens, and having to replace them. Does anyone here just keep using and cleaning the same screen or is it required that you buy them? I have a couple of pipe screens already.. are they compatible?

Cereal_MF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Uncomfortably hot is kinda subjective, sometimes I find it a bit too hot, but it's still holdable and I've never burnt myself with it (I've touched a hot solo stem once or twice, that's no fun)

I keep using the same screen in my LSV WPA.
I don't take the screen out when I clean the WPA with iso, and I get it back to looking brand new most of the time with fairly minimal effort.
If there are any pores of the screen that seem to be staying clogged, I run a flat poker tool (that I normally use for scooping up keif) over the blocked pores a few times, and that'll normally dislodge everything with another iso rinse.

Frederick McGuire,

vapeguy

I know nothing is perfect, but theres 2 aspects of the LSV that im unsure about.

The first is that the part you hold gets uncomfortably hot

The 2nd is the screens, and having to replace them. Does anyone here just keep using and cleaning the same screen or is it required that you buy them? I have a couple of pipe screens already.. are they compatible?

To add to FMG's reply, You really need to leave it on fairly high power for a while (such as 3 o clock for 30-60 minutes) before it even starts getting hot. Also, a quick 5 minute or so shut down gets it back to room temperature, so if you can handle a 5 minute break every 30-60 minutes you can keep it cool at all times. In any case it's so effective and fast to heat up you should never even need to leave it on for long periods.

About the screens, I simply haven't tried even attempting cleaning one yet as I've never cleaned a screen before, I used to replace my 'cano screens barely 1-3 times a year. With my LSV I've been replacing them (and keeping the clogged ones) every few days, if not daily, but I've just found how to clean them in another thread so I'll try to clean my used screens today.

Thanks

Cereal_MF

I think im gonna give the lsv a shot. Seems like the most bang for my buck and although a fire hazard, its no more of one than various other household items

Cereal_MF,

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
I think im gonna give the lsv a shot. Seems like the most bang for my buck and although a fire hazard, its no more of one than various other household items

It does get hot but gets hotter when left sitting, maybe building up heat. I notice if it is in more contant use it the body of it stays cooler. I think you will love it! This was my first vaporizer and I really studied on the subject before I made the plunge, I had never used a vaporizer either... I have never been so happy, my usage has been cut in half, my lungs feel great, I dont have to clean resinated smoking utensils anymore and I enjoy my high so much better. Thanks LSV!:rockon:

overdriveak

To add to FMG's reply, You really need to leave it on fairly high power for a while (such as 3 o clock for 30-60 minutes) before it even starts getting hot.

I disagree and would like to bring this up again because I believe this is an important thing for everyone to think about and respect before something bad happens. In my experience, if you put the LSV on 3 o clock(max) it will be too hot to hold within 15-20 minutes. This would be on a table at normal conditions(70F room). Since we were talking about beds, if the LSV gets covered by anything (insulated in any way) it will heat up very quickly even on low temperature settings. This is where the danger lies. Rember murphy's law; if it can happen it will. In this case it may be even more valid due to the effects of short term memory loss after a good session. :ko:

Be safe and proactive with things that present a fire danger, regrettable things can occur very quickly and can often be prevented by taking small measures.

As far as the poster talking about the screen clogging up. It will get buildup after each load depending on the stickyness. If you scrape this off with the marble poker that came with your unit between sessions, it will keep the pores unclogged and airflow high. I have noticed the wand performance really goes down as it becomes more clogged! Also, find a local shop with spare screens and keep some around for the eventual replacements(they are quite cheap). Clean your old ones with isopropyl although I find they get kinda bent up over time and it's better to just pop in a new one.

overdriveak,

Cereal_MF

Hey 1 more thing to that... Does it really need to be on 3 all that often? I'm not a speed vapor. IF i need to rush a high, I usually just smoke.

Cereal_MF,

overdriveak

Hey 1 more thing to that... Does it really need to be on 3 all that often? I'm not a speed vapor. IF i need to rush a high, I usually just smoke.

No, definitely not. I run my unit on higher temps(usually below max) to warm it up for about 3-5 minutes. Then it gets turned down. With my old unit I used to keep it between 12-2. My new unit seems to run hotter and hardly goes over 11.

overdriveak,

Cereal_MF

Thanks for the input. But to clarify, it only gets really hot (to the point of a fire hazard or even just uncomfortable to hold) at max?

I feel like as long as it can easily stand on its own as a desktop vape without burning the surface that its on, it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Cereal_MF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
As far as the poster talking about the screen clogging up. It will get buildup after each load depending on the stickyness. If you scrape this off with the marble poker that came with your unit between sessions, it will keep the pores unclogged and airflow high. I have noticed the wand performance really goes down as it becomes more clogged! Also, find a local shop with spare screens and keep some around for the eventual replacements(they are quite cheap). Clean your old ones with isopropyl although I find they get kinda bent up over time and it's better to just pop in a new one.
That's why I don't take my screens out.
They tend to get mangled mostly on the removal/install, but while they're actually in the wand/WPA, they don't seem to get beat up too much.

I've only changed my screens once or twice with each of my WPAs (I have 3) and I've never changed a screen in a transfer wand (but that's only because I never use them [note, until recently, my recent "mouth bong" idea is pretty fun, and I use the transfer wand for that.], so I've never actually even cleaned a transfer wand :lol:)

Frederick McGuire,

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
In my opinion no. I use 11-12 to start and will finish at 3 in the PM for nighty night. So I have mine at 3 very little. But it can get just as hot if left to sit even on the bag it comes with after 10-15 minutes unused at 11 o'clock. It happens when you get zoned out on a movie or something. You pick it up and your like wow hot and you check to make sure temp is not too high and its only at 11...

SnowSquirrel,
Top Bottom