Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
I had thought about that, it looks like it's be easy enough to remove the LED mount, but I like how the orange LED matches the orange glow of the element.

A Blue LED could look cool on my black one, but I don't want to tinker with that one.
I'll have a look and see if there are any LEDs that'd make me want to give it a go.

If it is just a plain led in that shaft then you can get any color you want, you can even get one that changes between 7 different colors... Look on Google for computer leds or single leds. only $1...

I also want to get a sick ass guitar knob, doe anyone know how the knobs go on and come off, can I just pull of my glass knob? When using the metal standard knob does it use a set screw?

SnowSquirrel,

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
Found a blue knob...:brow:
pk700bl.gif

SnowSquirrel,

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
I just love custom stuff, I used to build PC's and totally customize them, lights, power buttons and etc...
I think a blue power light on my blue LSV would be sick... :horse:

SnowSquirrel,
Reactions: survyvr

NewVape

What a guy!
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I was getting ready to use my LSV with one of my bubblers and was lamenting the fact that I have to remove the front cap to use the WPA. I'm always paranoid that I will break the heater cover. Then I remembered a 18 M/M joint that I had laying around and using Hazy's advice in his Hot Pod thread I managed to fit a screen into it like the transfer wand and VOLIA'!

A small 1 or 2 person WPA that I don't have to remove the cap for -

P1010375.jpg

P1010377.jpg

P1010381.jpg

These pics and video are from my first prototype attempt. I cut the screen down to a square to make it fit better in the narrow joint that I have. With later fiddling I found that an N02 screen fit perfectly inside the bottom of the male joint.

vapeguy

I had thought about that, it looks like it's be easy enough to remove the LED mount, but I like how the orange LED matches the orange glow of the element.

A Blue LED could look cool on my black one, but I don't want to tinker with that one.
I'll have a look and see if there are any LEDs that'd make me want to give it a go.

I don't have my LSV yet (tracking shows it arrived in my city Friday night, so I should have it Monday), but I'm willing to bet that light is not an LED, it would be needlessly complicated to reduce 120 vac to 1-3 vdc just for an LED. More than likely, and from the photos it seems like it, it is one of those 120 vac neon bulbs which are naturally orange. I do however think some have a colored lens over the neon bulb (from the LSV photos it seems like it has an orange lens). So maybe they do have neon bulbs in the same size with different colored lens.

In any case the most important part is don't replace it with an LED unless you're 100% sure it is an LED, which is almost certainly NOT the case. Putting an LED instead of a 120 vac neon bulb would cause the LED to explode/catch fire/violently react to the dramatic overload and might spray exploded molten plastic everywhere (your LSV would be vaporizing LEDs).

By the way I had bought an EQ last year which I didn't like, I never figured out if it was defective and the company refused to give me a clear answer on wheter or not it was defective and could be repaired so I just gave up and sold it. The worst part is I had sold my Volcano to buy that useless garbage (again, it might just be mine that was defective, I'll never know).

I now realize the LSV existed back then, I could have been using it for over a year already and avoided that EQ nightmare! I don't know if I had just not seen it (when I saw it this year I felt it was the first time I saw it) or if I was put off by it's simplicity and preferred the "high tech" EQ. On the upside I got the lower price and updated/improved model (I seem to have bought just days after the strain relief was added).

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
I don't have my LSV yet (tracking shows it arrived in my city Friday night, so I should have it Monday), but I'm willing to bet that light is not an LED, it would be needlessly complicated to reduce 120 vac to 1-3 vdc just for an LED. More than likely, and from the photos it seems like it, it is one of those 120 vac neon bulbs which are naturally orange. I do however think some have a colored lens over the neon bulb (from the LSV photos it seems like it has an orange lens). So maybe they do have neon bulbs in the same size with different colored lens.

In any case the most important part is don't replace it with an LED unless you're 100% sure it is an LED, which is almost certainly NOT the case. Putting an LED instead of a 120 vac neon bulb would cause the LED to explode/catch fire/violently react to the dramatic overload and might spray exploded molten plastic everywhere (your LSV would be vaporizing LEDs).

By the way I had bought an EQ last year which I didn't like, I never figured out if it was defective and the company refused to give me a clear answer on wheter or not it was defective and could be repaired so I just gave up and sold it. The worst part is I had sold my Volcano to buy that useless garbage (again, it might just be mine that was defective, I'll never know).

I now realize the LSV existed back then, I could have been using it for over a year already and avoided that EQ nightmare! I don't know if I had just not seen it (when I saw it this year I felt it was the first time I saw it) or if I was put off by it's simplicity and preferred the "high tech" EQ. On the upside I got the lower price and updated/improved model (I seem to have bought just days after the strain relief was added).
Thanks for heads up. I probably ant mess with it for awhile anyway, don't want to void warranty yet...
The restrain relief is a nice addition, what color did you decide on?

SnowSquirrel,

overdriveak

The light seems tied directly to the heat control and driven off of the resulting voltage. The heat control is probably a "light dimmer" type of variable voltage control. These types turn on/off rapidly to accomplish a voltage drop and I think this flickering is visible in the light as you adjust the heat control. Anyway, Im not much of an electricial engineer but I also agree its not going to be a LED. It reminds me of the type of bulb used in the mflb... which is just a very small regular incandescent bulb. Incandescent 120v bulb does not need any extra circuitry to support dimming.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Has anyone used the Creamic Flavor Disc from 7th Floor for vaping BHO? Can it be done that way? I was wondering if they are the same thing as the Healthstone Glass Vapor Stones. I think that since the Ceramic Flavor Discs are safe for the vape that I could vape BHO of of it. Is anyone familiar with any of this? Check it out...
Healthstone link-http://aqualabtechnologies.com/conc...alth-stone-glass-replacement-vapor-stone.html

7th Floor link-http://lifesabervaporizer.com/accessories/ceramic-flavor-disk.html
I have tried them.
Photoon2012-02-01at1256.jpg

They are a bit too porous to work very well with BHO, unless you add help.. like a bed of ABV.
I use a hand held wand , and I use a sort of longer than average one, so I even use two ceramic discs at the same time... to bring the top disc closer to the heat. It needs a good bed of ABV because it goes through the large holes of the ceramic discs very easily when liquid, and the ABV slows down the air flow just enough to vaporize your oils.

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
New idea... Anyone else think this bad boy gets a little hot after a bit? I know it is not NEEDED but I am thinking a grip on it that would wistands heat. Kinda like a light saber(Star Wars). I can't send a picture of drawing but I think most should get the idea... Anyone already do this? I ant it to ha e cut out around power knob. ;)

SnowSquirrel,

vapeguy

This is torture! Normally deliveries get here at 11 AM, it's now 3:24 PM and no LSV, though tracking says "Item out for delivery" which means it will arrive today, but I expected to have been using it for several hours by now...

Even though the delay is almost stressing me I haven't vaped as I want my first session of the day to be with the LSV.

SnowSquirrel

What a Hobby...
This is torture! Normally deliveries get here at 11 AM, it's now 3:24 PM and no LSV, though tracking says "Item out for delivery" which means it will arrive today, but I expected to have been using it for several hours by now...

Even though the delay is almost stressing me I haven't vaped as I want my first session of the day to be with the LSV.
Just wait... Its gotta be there soon! Keep us posted...:drool:

SnowSquirrel,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Take er easy aab1. She'll be there in your lap soon enough. Heck the other day the UPS guy came to my house at 7:00 at night!

Steele Concept,
Reactions: Vitolo

vapeguy

Well it finally got here.

Even though I ordered the shorty wand I started out with the included long one to experience it as it is sold. I loaded about .2 or less and there's no doubt this kicks the Volcano's ass big time, even with 5 times that in the Volcano I don't seem to get as medicated.

I finished off the same load in the Shorty wand to try it and the vapor is definitely hotter and can get uncomfortable if you aim the air stream at your tongue for example. I will consider getting a vaper tamer even more now as the vapor is hotter than I would have expected from the short wand.

The effect of this load was stronger and lasted longer than I get from even my Volcano, even using much less herb! I wanted a vape that would save herb and it seems like it's going to save me even more than I expected it would, but I'll know for sure in a week or so.

A few hours later I decided to try the wpa with a small water pipe I had from a long time ago, this also works great and it just happens that with my water pipe the wpa ends up right in front of your eyes, so I have a "front row seat" to the herb getting vaped! I found that making circles about as wide as the spherical connection allows seems to generate more vapor. The wpa works very well but I prefer the simplicity of the wand, which is why I'm considering a vapor tamer (no water to fill, no leaks if held at an angle).

I can literally say that for the first time since I had last took a break I'm at a point where I literally just don't want to vape more for a while longer and it's already been hours since the wpa test. As much as I want to try the LSV again now, I'm still more than good! With either the Solo or Volcano it was stem after stem or bag after bag and never enough so this is really more than I expected!

I have a few questions now that I have the LSV:

-Where should the dial point when "clicked off" and maxed out? Mine clicks off about at 7 and maxes out about at 5
-When at 12, is it normal for it to barely glow?
-I read most start at 12 for the wand if I remember well, but where do you end? I ended about at 3 on my first run but of course I'm learning this new vape

Thanks to those that recommended this awesome vape, I wish I had bought this last year!

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Good to hear aab1. It's really a great tool to have around. Regarding your first two questions, that seems about right.

I finish at 3. A lotta times ill do 3 the whole time if I'm moving the tool in a circular motion. It's an art and a science here and as you use it more you will find your personal preference. Enjoy!

Steele Concept,

vapeguy

I loaded it up with the tiny bit that was left in my grinder (about a Solo load if not less) and still got 4-5 hits.

I'm using it with plain spearmint now just because I don't want to get more medicated, Next I'll try it with Tulsi (also known as holy basil, I normally use it for tea, it makes both an awesome hot or iced tea, and can only make awesome tasting vapor).

vapeguy

I love how easy the LSV is to clean! Already after just 3 days I cleaned my shorty wand (about the only one I use) and replaced the filter and put the used one to soak in iso. I have this brush to clean inside a turkey baster and it works great to clean the inside of the wand, in no time at all my wand looked brand new.

With the Volcano I used to boil the half million valve parts and springs and nuts and bolts and gaskets in water and iso and then had to brush all the gunk out of every nook and cranny of every part, then cut and re assemble one of those noisy bags, it was such a chore I only did it every few weeks at most. Then there was the special Volcano filters that need to be bolted in place and are like $3 per screen instead of $2 for 10 like with the LSV.

BTW, I got lemon balm as well as passion flower tea bags to vape to try other herbs. I tried one after the other so it's hard to tell which did it but it was calming. The passion flower didn't taste too good but the lemon balm I'd vape just for taste, it's very lemony.

Top Bottom