JyARz Storage Containers

notams

toke down Babylon
Just a shout out to Jyarz customer service.

I shot them an email with a question and a possible problem. The dude was immediately, "I'll replace it. What's your address?" Super cool company.

Side note: Nothing wrong with container not replaced. No questions asked - just a default response of what can be done to make the customer happy. Love these guys.

Rock on, Aldo!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@JyARz

While I love my CHICOS for straw sucking with Dynavaps, TinyMight, StemPod, etc., lately I’m hating them.

Been using them for awhile, different strains, but recently EVERY time I unscrew the cap, the little glass bowl is STUCK to the cap. I know weed is sticky... I’ve tried cleaning the caps LINER with just water, and constantly clean the top of the RIM, on the glass container. Sometimes this cleaning works once. It’s a cool design with the bottom suction cup on the bottom of the glass bowl, so you can totally remove it, but it pops out too easily. Having the lid stuck to the top, is making me want to shelve my Chico’s. :(

Anyone else experience this, not sure if there is a solution?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@JyARz

While I love my CHICOS for straw sucking with Dynavaps, TinyMight, StemPod, etc., lately I’m hating them.

Been using them for awhile, different strains, but recently EVERY time I unscrew the cap, the little glass bowl is STUCK to the cap. I know weed is sticky... I’ve tried cleaning the caps LINER with just water, and constantly clean the top of the RIM, on the glass container. Sometimes this cleaning works once. It’s a cool design with the bottom suction cup on the bottom of the glass bowl, so you can totally remove it, but it pops out too easily. Having the lid stuck to the top, is making me want to shelve my Chico’s. :(

Teflon Tape on the Tread’s?

ataxian,

RustyOldNail

Right but have you tried ISO for cleaning? I've found it way more effective than water. This sometimes happens with my satchmos.

Yes, I used both, as I don’t know what kind of soft plastic/foam the inner cap is made of. It’s soft, and thus probably absorbent. So I used water first, then ISO, and distillates water, very little of either, just looking for a surface clean without soakings more resin into the cap material. These are NOT old Chico’s either.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hot water soak, did not work. I may just GLUE them in ....
I briefly had the same issue with one of my Chico’s, but an iso wipe on the glass rim and top gasket helped a lot.
There were also a lot of crumbs that had fallen into the bottom of plastic part crevices. Once I cleared it out I was able to get it to stay in place and haven’t had the issue in months.
Sorry none of that worked for you. Glue seems like a good way to go.

Slickwilly

Yeah sorry to hear a cleaning didn't help.
I just pulled one of my glass out and noticed on the rubber cup there is a small oring, maybe a slightly bigger oring will help?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@JyARz

I don't see how water would remove those waxes/oils.

Ramahs,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I switched all my Chico’s to silicone, and much prefer the Classic for ground bud/jyarz combo. IMO it’s perfect for dyna situation….

Going to classics for ground was an easy move for me, I find the thinner and longer profile easier to pocket and there is a FAR less chance of ground material blowing out of a classic versus a Chico. That’s important of you are in windy conditions, chairlifts, boats, balconies, etc.

I’m quite fortunate to have a ton of jyarz, but the Classics are definitely my go to for most any scenario. I find my yellows are most discrete as most people quickly assume and pass it off as some sort of pill bottle.

RustyOldNail

I switched all my Chico’s to silicone, and much prefer the Classic for ground bud/jyarz combo. IMO it’s perfect for dyna situation….

Going to classics for ground was an easy move for me, I find the thinner and longer profile easier to pocket and there is a FAR less chance of ground material blowing out of a classic versus a Chico. That’s important of you are in windy conditions, chairlifts, boats, balconies, etc.

I’m quite fortunate to have a ton of jyarz, but the Classics are definitely my go to for most any scenario. I find my yellows are most discrete as most people quickly assume and pass it off as some sort of pill bottle.

All true, though I like the Chico’s as they are low profile, much easier to straw suck with a short stock TM mouthpiece. I have a few classics, straw sucking becomes more difficult as the contents get lower. Also as the Chico holds less, it forces me to grind more often, which is good freshness wise.

ontopofclouds

anyone ever have one of their jyarz containers develop mold inside??

i have several different jyarz and have been on a t break so its been about 2 months since i opened this one but when i did there's a little bit of white mold on the inside. there is no herb inside the container really but there is residue and particles on the sides and stuff so I'm assuming that's how it developed? i was very perplexed by this as my jyarz containers stay inside my house inside my closet so they aren't exposed to much moisture or anything like that. theres also a little mold on the insert inside the lid as well.

whats the best way to clean it

Mr.Sifter

Purchased my first Jyarz container.
Went for the classic to replace my trusty film container.

Ok, I dont seem to understand how a Jyarz works (sounds silly, I know)

Is the inner glass supposed to stay inside or do you remove it to fill a bowl in your vape?

Mine comes out quite easily.
There is sine kind of foam beneath it but no adhesive to make it stick to the plastic shell.
A little cumbersome to hold the lid, the glass and the plastic container.

Am I using it wrong?

ontopofclouds

Is the inner glass supposed to stay inside or do you remove it to fill a bowl in your vape?

There is sine kind of foam beneath it but no adhesive to make it stick to the plastic shell.

Am I using it wrong?
the inner glass stays inside but it is meant to be removable

there is nothing wrong with removing the glass tube to fill your vape and then putting it back in the plastic insert

typically I only remove the tube to clean it as it is quite easy to pour herb from the container even when it is in the plastic shell

notams

toke down Babylon
I don't know if this has been covered or not. Sorry if this is old news.

I use a small piece of blue painters tape on the glass container with the strain name noted. I also put the date there, just for reference. I used to put the weight, but thought that was a little overboard.

When the glass container in place, the strain name is visible with the lid off. In this case "CR" for Creamsicle.

It's handy to tell one strain from the other when you're working on 3 or 4 at the same time. It also keeps the container "clean" on the outside. I used to "color code" my strains: blue container for this, white for that - always lost track. This works better for me.

I also (completely unnecessarily) put a little Boveda humidity pack in there. Fits perfectly along the side, out of the way.

Oh, and @ontopofclouds (great name, btw) Just leave the glass in place. Safest. No need to remove the glass when using, just the cap off and you're good to go.

unsorted

I don't know if this has been covered or not. Sorry if this is old news.

I use a small piece of blue painters tape on the glass container with the strain name noted. I also put the date there, just for reference. I used to put the weight, but thought that was a little overboard.

When the glass container in place, the strain name is visible with the lid off. In this case "CR" for Creamsicle.

It's handy to tell one strain from the other when you're working on 3 or 4 at the same time. It also keeps the container "clean" on the outside. I used to "color code" my strains: blue container for this, white for that - always lost track. This works better for me.

I also (completely unnecessarily) put a little Boveda humidity pack in there. Fits perfectly along the side, out of the way.

Oh, and @ontopofclouds (great name, btw) Just leave the glass in place. Safest. No need to remove the glass when using, just the cap off and you're good to go.
I think you may be a genius! Not kidding. Would you consider running for president? We need a person with some sense.

unsorted,
Reactions: notams

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Am I using it wrong?

I usually take the glass out when I'n getting a dose, because I like to see where my scoop or stem is going.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Shrike
Top Bottom