JCVAP "Pockety"

isaar91

The recycler is all I have used since I got it. But I currently use my Pockety only 2 or 3 times a week.
Saw you said it was harder to get on and off/clean so I went with the fab. Now I may try and change my order to the recycler b4 it ships.

isaar91,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does the chamber jacket that comes with the Peak pro travel pack fit the stock pockety chamber?
It does and the carb cap/teather that comes with it is a must-have upgrade in my opinion unless the OG Pockety cap has changed...it has a pain of a teather that would keep popping off.

vpuser

Think I saw people saying it may be slightly larger reading through here. Does the chamber jacket that comes with the Peak pro travel pack fit the stock pockety chamber?
I have both,the heating pool volume is approximately 10~20% larger than the puffco 3dxl,and the jacket fit jcvap chambers

Gakiya309

Anyone find a good price on a puffco joystick? I didn’t know if there was a good 7/10 deal anywhere.

Gakiya309,

Ipe17

I just recived my Pockety ruby one hour before leaving for a long trip. So I just had time to try one bowl. I come form DTV5 with a mod and I always thought that it is an okish travelling kit but not something for home. With just that one bowl I feel Pockety is a huge step forward. But I may be wrong. Very little experience with dabs.
all those coversations about different caps and so on are out of my reach at the moment. But hopefully after my trip and with way more experience I will also understand what you guys mean and what improvements other parts may bring. For now, with the basic set up I think I am served for a few months/grams.

I came to the pockety casue I wanted to try a proper erig for not too many EUR. I think this one fills that gap really nice. Will report in a couple of months how it is going...

cheers everyone

isaar91

I have an Anvil that gets worshipped all day long, also have the Forge. Good concentrates are $65 to $80 US per gram so I get a lot more mileage out of flower.
Nice. I'm on the waitlist for the forge now? Did you have any Induction heaters prior to compare? Wanna know how much better it truly is for the price tag.

isaar91,
Reactions: seedy53

Knewt

Nice. I'm on the waitlist for the forge now? Did you have any Induction heaters prior to compare? Wanna know how much better it truly is for the price tag.
It’s my first induction experience, but very happy so far.

Knewt,

Archibald

Well, I can report that I eventually got a replacement heater from them that actually works; it just took ages. Been a minute since it received it, but, from April when I ordered the replacement to it dying suddenly after 100 puffs to me apparently getting sent a replacement heater for a Puffco to finally getting the actual thing I wanted, it took about two months.

In the meantime, I convinced myself to get a ball vape and some extra coils so I could heat bangers with the pid. Also got a much nicer water piece, a small recycler from Updog Glass. Out of curiosity, I decided to whip out the Pockety and see how it works with they recycler. It's pretty handy in comparison to messing with bangers, but it's a lot harsher at 550 than when I pull my bangers off at 575 after the coil temp has settled there. Still, now that it's working again, I'm tempted to keep at it until it dies again; no telling when that'll be.

I'm curious about these quartz inserts they have now that're actually sized for the XXL chamber. The small one mine came with because I ordered it early moves up and down the heater when I inhale, and the gunk gets pulled over the edges. The insert was definitely easier to clean, though, than just throwing everything in the ceramic, and it's only 10 bucks, but I'm not terribly inclined to spend any more money on this silly thing. The bangers are a nicer experience, even if I'm more apt to break those, as I've done with one already.

Lighthanded

I cant wrap my head around how to debowl the chamber? like would you remove the whole atomizer every bowl? or remove the glass each hit -or not run water and tip the whole thing upside down? then those hot balls dangling around between hits while loading and unloading...

Joshtownsend

I'm really curious how the ball thing works. it's gotta have something to heat up the pearls in there. that's wild and probably doesn't work very good.

i love my Pockety with xl3d and whip. 2500+ hits and still going strong

isaar91

Well, I can report that I eventually got a replacement heater from them that actually works; it just took ages. Been a minute since it received it, but, from April when I ordered the replacement to it dying suddenly after 100 puffs to me apparently getting sent a replacement heater for a Puffco to finally getting the actual thing I wanted, it took about two months.

In the meantime, I convinced myself to get a ball vape and some extra coils so I could heat bangers with the pid. Also got a much nicer water piece, a small recycler from Updog Glass. Out of curiosity, I decided to whip out the Pockety and see how it works with they recycler. It's pretty handy in comparison to messing with bangers, but it's a lot harsher at 550 than when I pull my bangers off at 575 after the coil temp has settled there. Still, now that it's working again, I'm tempted to keep at it until it dies again; no telling when that'll be.

I'm curious about these quartz inserts they have now that're actually sized for the XXL chamber. The small one mine came with because I ordered it early moves up and down the heater when I inhale, and the gunk gets pulled over the edges. The insert was definitely easier to clean, though, than just throwing everything in the ceramic, and it's only 10 bucks, but I'm not terribly inclined to spend any more money on this silly thing. The bangers are a nicer experience, even if I'm more apt to break those, as I've done with one already.
Did your first heater come not working out the box? Wondering if mine possibly has a similar problem. I’m getting to target temp but it’s just not giving me much vapor production for some reason no matter what I change.

isaar91,

Archibald

I broke my original heater when I was trying to clean it. I didn't realize I had to unscrew it, and I ripped it apart.

As it was my own dumb ass that broke it, I ordered a replacement. That worked for about a hundred puffs. I cleaned it by soaking it in alcohol for a while, then, when I reassembled the thing, it couldn't detect it anymore. I contacted JCVAP, and they sent a replacement, but the temps weren't displaying; it'd say it was only 250-300 degrees, but it was at least double the temp; they think they sent me the heater meant for Puffcos. Anyhow, they sent me another, and that seems to be working fine for now.

I'd shoot either the vendor or JCVAP an email. It doesn't seem like they have the greatest quality control, so chances are there may be a defect. I'd assume, though, that it'd just not be working at all.

Archibald,

vpuser

I'm really curious how the ball thing works. it's gotta have something to heat up the pearls in there. that's wild and probably doesn't work very good.

I heard that when a cup with beads is placed in the heater, the side wall can easily be heated by the heater to reach 450°F.

vpuser,

Joshtownsend

just got the glass xl atomizer. it. rules and the long glass joystick should come with the regular xl. it works so good and is longer than the puffco metal xl joystick.

glass really holds the temps well and makes it super easy to clean up. i love how easy it cleans compared to the ceramic

scoobyzsnackz

Has anyone tried using their pockety chambers on a puffco? Had a pockety for a while and decided to upgrade to a peak pro for better glass and the ability to change the time as well as temp. Hoping the 5dxxl chamber with quartz insert will work fine

scoobyzsnackz,

vpuser

No, they are different. The first one has an XXL-sized quartz insert, while the second one doesn't have an insert and heats directly from the glazed ceramic surface, somewhat similar to Puffco's 3DXL chamber. If you look closely at their product images, you can see the difference.

Top Bottom