JCVAP "Pockety"

2tiki

My Pockety stopped working. 😢

I cleaned it yesterday, and now when I click twice to start a session (on the blue light setting), the light blinks red a few times and nothing else happens. I've cleaned it before, so I don't think I did anything that could have broken it.

Any ideas on how to get it working again? It still shows the proper room temp when the device screen is on, so I think the connection must be working. It's on the concentrate setting, and everything seems to be the same as when it was working, except for when I try to start a session. I only have some concentrates in the house, so this sucks. I'm going to have to go cold turkey until I can get this working. Are there 420 specials already in action for Pockety? Maybe I should by the new heater they put out. Though I'm not sure if that would fix it.

Has anyone here used the new (I think larger?) oven? Obviously I'd prefer to fix this for free if possible, but I need to figure out my other options. I don't have another device for trates.

Misterhyde

Have you tried taking the atomizer off and putting it back on again? The last time I cleaned mine I had the fiddle with my atomizer for quite awhile to get it to read again. Mine is still the original though and I did let it get pretty gunked up.

Misterhyde,
Reactions: LesPlenty

2tiki

Have you tried taking the atomizer off and putting it back on again? The last time I cleaned mine I had the fiddle with my atomizer for quite awhile to get it to read again. Mine is still the original though and I did let it get pretty gunked up.
Yes, at least 15 times so far. Last time I had a problem it was that the temp said 800 even when I hadn't heated it up yet. Ended having to use a new atomizer/heater. This is the the new one. It has less than 100 puffs on it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the atomizer part with the device off, with it on, and nothing has had any effect.

I really hate having to take things apart and fiddle with it. I'm wondering if I should just move on from this device entirely. Other than a ball vape with a banger, are there any other devices out there for concentrates that are at least as good as the Pockety, but you don't have to fiddle with so much? I'm fine with cleaning glass, using Q-Tips, etc, but I don't want another device that I have to take apart to keep it running, nor that has any parts that seem to need somewhat regular replacing to keep it working.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Yes, at least 15 times so far. Last time I had a problem it was that the temp said 800 even when I hadn't heated it up yet. Ended having to use a new atomizer/heater. This is the the new one. It has less than 100 puffs on it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the atomizer part with the device off, with it on, and nothing has had any effect.

I really hate having to take things apart and fiddle with it. I'm wondering if I should just move on from this device entirely. Other than a ball vape with a banger, are there any other devices out there for concentrates that are at least as good as the Pockety, but you don't have to fiddle with so much? I'm fine with cleaning glass, using Q-Tips, etc, but I don't want another device that I have to take apart to keep it running, nor that has any parts that seem to need somewhat regular replacing to keep it working.
Mess with the little copper connections on the bottom of the atty.
Sometimes they get pushed in.
That worked for me.
Good luck

2tiki

I have now fully taken the atomizer apart, and cleaned all the pieces, including those near impossible to put back, little pains in my ass, brass looking pins.

Still same nonfunctioning vape in the same way. It either shows the correct room temp, but just blinks red when I try to use it, or some times when I put it back onto the device, the temp says 800.

I haven't even puffed 400 puffs and I've now gone through 2 atomizers for the same error. This is such a stark contrast to how well it works when it works. I'm not sure I want to buy another atomizer and just go through this all again in another 100-200 puffs.

Is everyone else just buying a replacement every couple hundred uses?

Lighthanded

I have now fully taken the atomizer apart, and cleaned all the pieces, including those near impossible to put back, little pains in my ass, brass looking pins.

Still same nonfunctioning vape in the same way. It either shows the correct room temp, but just blinks red when I try to use it, or some times when I put it back onto the device, the temp says 800.

I haven't even puffed 400 puffs and I've now gone through 2 atomizers for the same error. This is such a stark contrast to how well it works when it works. I'm not sure I want to buy another atomizer and just go through this all again in another 100-200 puffs.

Is everyone else just buying a replacement every couple hundred uses?

I'd say your heater is toast.

My first heater died after ~600 dabs, however i was completely disassembling the atomizer every 100 and thoroughly cleaning it. My second one is at around 1000dabs - still going strong, and ive never completely disassembled it. Just break it down to the bottom piece, insert and top - then soak/swab. The heater wires become wobbly and eventually lose connection the more its fiddled with. Id suggest getting the newer RBA/XXL chambers to help avoid this problem.

2tiki

I'd say your heater is toast.

My first heater died after ~600 dabs, however i was completely disassembling the atomizer every 100 and thoroughly cleaning it. My second one is at around 1000dabs - still going strong, and ive never completely disassembled it. Just break it down to the bottom piece, insert and top - then soak/swab. The heater wires become wobbly and eventually lose connection the more its fiddled with. Id suggest getting the newer RBA/XXL chambers to help avoid this problem.
What is "RBA"?
Anything else you recommend I order while on the site? Is that cap it comes with good enough?
I can't remember if there is a discount code for FC users. If there is one, what is it? (EDIT: JCVAP-5 is the code)

Thanks!

EDIT: I looked at the Pockety website, and it won't let me order the XXL. I'm wondering if it's sold out.

EDIT #2: Yes, they are out of stock. CRAP!

EDIT #3: Spoke with someone at Pockety. The have a new version of the standard sized 5D chamber that is also supposed to be more reliable and easier to clean. I definitely don't put big dabs in, so I don't think I need to the XXL. I just don't want the chamber to stop working so quickly. So I think I'll just order that.

Last edited:

Archibald

They're at least more affordable than the inserts. Dear God, some of those run for a thousand!

As a new Pockety owner, I'm liking it quite a bit. I need to look into getting a better tether or something for the lid, though, and it's really easy to accidentally pull the ceramic bowl off the heating elements. I did that to my own when I was trying to open it up. Now, the replacements are cheap and very, very easy to install. It's an interesting mix of good engineering and maybe a little too cheap.

I'm interested to see how well the little guy holds up over time. It sounds like he'll do alright with a bit of babying.

Archibald,

510vaporent

I’ve been using the divine tribe v5 for awhile now, and I’m interested in this Pockety. Most v5 users prefer to dab directly on the glazed ceramic coil. I’ve noticed that inserts seem to always be used with the pockety. Do any of you dab right off the coil?

510vaporent,

Archibald

The coil? When I first used the thing, I wasn't using inserts because I was completely unsure of how to fit 'em in the device (the manual ain't much). That's what you mean, right? I honestly haven't noticed a major difference in quality, though I'd maybe say the inserts make it better or cleaner. I can tell you cleanup is gonna be much easier, that's for dang sure.

510vaporent

The coil?
Ya I mean dabbing without an insert. Most people who use the v5 don’t use inserts because the group consensus is that it’s easy to keep clean without it and the heat up time is much faster. With the v5 we can easily do a burn off and get the coil looking brand new which I assume can’t be done with the pockety

510vaporent,
Top Bottom