JCVAP "Pockety"

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The oculus is junk; I would not recommend it. The best experience I’ve found for the Proxy is the ball cap with a Kovac’s glass spinner core:

biohacker

The oculus is junk; I would not recommend it. The best experience I’ve found for the Proxy is the ball cap with a Kovac’s glass spinner core:

How well does it work without a pearl? And does it leave some leftover like the proxy oculus or does it vape it up all pretty much dry?

My favourite cap to date is the new puffco Joystick but they aren't for sale on their own yet.

Timps27

I really like the Kovacs piece, I have the JCVap AlN chamber and also an OTP cap. I always use a pearl so can’t comment on how it works sans ruby, but it’s half the price of the OTP and a better experience IMO. The OTP is too open, the Oculus is way to restrictive, the spinner cores find a nice balance and pump out some great clouds.

Misterhyde

I might have to get one of those spinner cores for my pockety if they actually work nice. I have been hoping for a good hands free hit. It gets a little annoying when reclaim gets on the ball cap and it doesn't move as well.

2tiki

Well, it seems that my pockety maybe toast. :(

Since about 50 "puffs" into having it, the current temp displayed would often be over 800 after I finish a sesh at around 500. But It was always normal when I turned it on. Not any more. Now it is showing a high temp bouncing around between 500-800 or so as soon as I turn it on. Even after turning the unit off and on again a few times, and fully cleaning all parts of the unit and the oven, It is still doing it. I guess it is time to reach out to the company. The counter only has 100 "puffs" showing. I can't imagine it's just that I haven't cleaned the contacts well enough.

someguy

I have the kovacs spinner core in the peak pro ballcap rubber and it works great with a 4mm ruby, the stock peak pro ball cap works well also.
Warning! Do not use the spinner core in the stock pockety rubber cap, you will crack your ceramic spacer trying to jam it on! :bang:

I did get the bottomless banger, but I haven't got it to work yet. I think it might be because it sits too low in the BB. I tried with and without the stock air hole blocked. Maybe it could work with a long "snout" carb cap?

JTVXi0G.jpg

Timps27

Warning! Do not use the spinner core in the stock pockety rubber cap, you will crack your ceramic spacer trying to jam it on! :bang:

Did you try the Peak spinner or the Proxy spinner? Kovacs makes one of each, and the Proxy is smaller. I don’t have a Pockety to check compatibility, but if the Peak spinner was too big the Proxy spinner may fit?

2tiki

I cleaned the glass piece in the stock cap (with iso), and after rinsing and drying it off, I put a tiny drop of veg oil on the glass piece, and spread it around with my finger. Popped it back into the silicone cap, and now it rotates like a dream!

I may not even bother getting another cap now. Without it constantly sticking to the silicone, now the lid stays attached to the pockety and doesn't feel so fiddly. I also made my own tether.

someguy

Did you try the Peak spinner or the Proxy spinner? Kovacs makes one of each, and the Proxy is smaller. I don’t have a Pockety to check compatibility, but if the Peak spinner was too big the Proxy spinner may fit?
That was with a spinner intended for the Peak. I fixed it by using the peak ball cap rubber with the spinner instead.
I am also having connection problems with my atomizer, it seems to be a known issue with JCVAP atomizers.

vpuser

New recycler glass for the pockety is up on Jcvap for preorder. Pictured with an auto spinner oculus type cap.

2tiki

They are probably still to new, but has anyone here tried the JCVAP spinner cap yet? If so, does it work as well or better than the default manual spin cap?

Joshtownsend

Do you guys think it might work with a 3dxl? Do they work with the regular puffco 3d atomizer?

Joshtownsend,

Bababouy

From my understanding it should, the 3DXL is supposed to take peak pro caps and grommets

Bababouy,

someguy

Do you guys think it might work with a 3dxl? Do they work with the regular puffco 3d atomizer?
I was wondering the same thing. I have seen mention of a special xl temperature setting on the peak pro, so there might be differences in how it works but I have no real idea one way or the other.
But if the pockety chamber is the same as their peak pro compatible chamber, I would imagine it would work on some level, you might not get accurate temp control though. I'm tempted to get one and try it

biohacker

I have seen mention of a special xl temperature setting on the peak pro, so there might be differences in how it works but I have no real idea one way or the other.

You need the app for it (and latest AG firmware) if you want to enjoy the XL intensity level. Not sure why you guys would want to fuck with an atty that isn't designed for it that's worth almost as much as the device lol.

MonkeyTime

You need the app for it (and latest AG firmware) if you want to enjoy the XL intensity level. Not sure why you guys would want to fuck with an atty that isn't designed for it that's worth almost as much as the device lol.
I think you're saying you're taking your good stuff and using it on lower grade equipment? Based on price?

I have a Daab and now two Pockety's, tried the SiC bucket tonight, clouds and flavor, loving all three and trying to learn their differences. But this is all a different price level than Pro stuff, I get it.

Or, testing has me a little off and I didn't follow your direction :science:

Could they want to use a specific addy on a smaller base unit?

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: vpuser

someguy

You need the app for it (and latest AG firmware) if you want to enjoy the XL intensity level. Not sure why you guys would want to fuck with an atty that isn't designed for it that's worth almost as much as the device loli
I like to tinker with my gadgets

Top Bottom