JCVAP "Pockety"

2tiki

I am super impressed with the Pockety over all, but am really amazed that someone who can develop such a great device, would then sell it with such an annoying cap. It's a real sore point for usage and takes away alot of what would be such a great experience.

Also, the hot knife I bought from them doesn't even get warm. It doesn't work at all. I fully charged it, I held down the button until the light blinked and turned off. Nothing. I contacted JCVAP through IG, and never heard back. I at the very least should get a refund for that terrible "hot" knife.

I really don't have the money to buy things made for the peak pro to make the Pockety work better with the cap with the terrible leash (which broke the third session) so I am going to just keep hoping I can figure out a better way to use the cap that isn't so clunky and sometimes slightly burns me.

someguy

I tried and even with the top metal ring of the atomizer unscrewed it's a few mm too large to fit in the dtv5 bottomless banger. Does anyone know of a larger bore bb that might fit?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does anyone know of a larger bore bb that might fit?
I have hooked my Pockety up to a normal bong like this with the glass whip adapter,
1680007161529-jpg.45245

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last edited:

someguy

Thanks Bologna, I also found a 30mm bottomless banger, my v5 banger is 25mm and it's a little too small so I think there's a chance the 30mm banger will fit it. I wish there was an extension cord for this atomizer connection type, maybe it would be possible to buy the connectors from somewhere and make my own but I wouldn't know where to find them. I might take a chance on the BB though.

If 30mm OD and 2.5mm thick is accurate then it just might fit over the rubber chamber jacket or at least the part where the tether used to be. Worst case, I can try to make it work with thick o rings or something. 510mod has them also, but they don't have 14mm male 90 in stock

Well 510mod appears to be only accepting Paypal friends and family and the site honestly looks abandoned, many things are out of stock. I ended up ordering from DHgate, I found a seller offering free shipping via UPS instead of epacket. We will see how that works out.

Last edited:

someguy

Looks like the monocrystalline silicon carbide inserts are available now. $480 for "grade D" yikes. I'm really curious if the different grades are really varying levels from black to fully transparent like the renders depict them. Also wondering if that's the only difference, not that I plan on buying this. I'm very happy with my mud grade SiC insert. :lol:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have ordered a ruby ICA 5D chamber
The Pockety has been my only dab rig for a few weeks as my PIDs are taken up with ballers, I have not really missed my DNail Nimbus and sure don't feel I am missing anything...the ruby is so easy to keep clean, I prefer it to their AIN cup but have not tried any Diamondium and doubt I ever will.

lazylathe

Almost there...
The Pockety has been my only dab rig for a few weeks as my PIDs are taken up with ballers, I have not really missed my DNail Nimbus and sure don't feel I am missing anything...the ruby is so easy to keep clean, I prefer it to their AIN cup but have not tried any Diamondium and doubt I ever will.

Over $500 for an insert is crazy!!
Similar to the Adapt-Tech gem inserts.
The pockety seems really innovative!

lazylathe,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So this is my cart:

Pockety kit w/ruby insert
Straight fab bub
Whip-it, whip-it good-kit
Extra ruby insert
SiC pearl 6-pack (soundz kewl)

$321.71 delivered total

Am I missing anything...? Should I get a replacement 5D lower chamber and/or 5D heater? Or scratch the extra insert etc and just get a whole extra 5D chamber w/ruby insert? How reliable are these things? What do you recommend me having on hand to make it comfortably thru Black Friday?

Anyone...?

Oh yeah, this:

IMG-1073.jpg

(Sorrynotsorry, for doubling up... what, I did take the time to make it :razz: :tup:)

Last edited:

japecan

So this is my cart:

Pockety kit w/ruby insert
Straight fab bub
Whip-it, whip-it good-kit
Extra ruby insert
SiC pearl 6-pack (soundz kewl)

$321.71 delivered total

Am I missing anything...? Should I get a replacement 5D lower chamber and/or 5D heater? Or scratch the extra insert etc and just get a whole extra 5D chamber w/ruby insert? How reliable are these things? What do you recommend me having on hand to make it comfortably thru Black Friday?

Anyone...?

Oh yeah, this:

IMG-1073.jpg

(Sorrynotsorry, for doubling up... what, I did take the time to make it :razz: :tup:)
I still think "pkty15" code works. Good luck.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I still think "pkty15" code works. Good luck.
Wow! I even added their janky lookin $7.50 hot knife to the order above (no other extra stuff) and that code knocked off $47.25 bringing the total to $281.95 delivered....! That's UUge! Much appreciated!

Now it's time to go back over to the Proxy thread and do the same thing there... Weeeeee! :razz::tup:

Lighthanded

I ordered a pockety on the last sale event jcvap had. only got the quartz insert and figured if the device worked well enough id order a ruby insert. Ive had it for a week now and its got 50+ dabs on it between my partner and i. Taste/flavour is top notch through out the dab duration. cleaning isnt too bad, ive disassembled the atomizer a couple times now for cleaning and i havent had a single problem so far. Battery life is pretty good too, cant really fault it there. Using the puffco pro carb caps (prefer the ball cap and 4mm ruby but oculus works pretty good too) from the travel kit - the backpack fits nicely too and helps with ergonomics i feel.

The whip attachment was a little disappointing, the flow through hole is smaller than the bubbler and there is only 1 slit in the top section to feed through - restricts airflow a fair bit. The wpa ends for the silicone whip that comes in the kit also fit dynavap tips which was a nice bonus as they are 14mm and a 10/14/18mm wpa's.

The 510 hot knife they sell is pretty bad for loading. I found half the dab stayed in the bowled section so i shelved it and went back to my normal loading tool.

Ill be picking up the ruby insert soon, might wait for the new glass to drop.

A spare atomizer bottom with heater would be helpful to just swap out and soak for easier maintenance maybe.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I ordered a pockety on the last sale event jcvap had. only got the quartz insert and figured if the device worked well enough id order a ruby insert. Ive had it for a week now and its got 50+ dabs on it between my partner and i. Taste/flavour is top notch through out the dab duration. cleaning isnt too bad, ive disassembled the atomizer a couple times now for cleaning and i havent had a single problem so far. Battery life is pretty good too, cant really fault it there. Using the puffco pro carb caps (prefer the ball cap and 4mm ruby but oculus works pretty good too) from the travel kit - the backpack fits nicely too and helps with ergonomics i feel.

The whip attachment was a little disappointing, the flow through hole is smaller than the bubbler and there is only 1 slit in the top section to feed through - restricts airflow a fair bit. The wpa ends for the silicone whip that comes in the kit also fit dynavap tips which was a nice bonus as they are 14mm and a 10/14/18mm wpa's.

The 510 hot knife they sell is pretty bad for loading. I found half the dab stayed in the bowled section so i shelved it and went back to my normal loading tool.

Ill be picking up the ruby insert soon, might wait for the new glass to drop.

A spare atomizer bottom with heater would be helpful to just swap out and soak for easier maintenance maybe.
Most excellent post! Tyvm 🙏🏻

LesPlenty

Company Rep
and the sale was going on so it was on top of that.
I think you can stack discount codes...my unit was about US$140, my unit is still going strong...no idea how many puffs as I have an early version that resets the counter every 150 dabs or so.
The 510 hot knife they sell is pretty bad for loading.
These are the ones I got and they are great, you can choose the size & colour to best suit your battery,

Top Bottom