JCVAP "Pockety"

2tiki

At 55 on the puff counter, after a session was over, it did something It hasn't done before. Instead of watching the temp drop from 515F (what I had it set at), instead it said the temp was 807 while below it, it showed the 515 I had set it at just as normal.

I have used it a few more times, and it is doing the same thing about 85% of the time.

Is this a sign that there is something wrong with my Pockety?

Should I contact the company about it?

Knewt

At 55 on the puff counter, after a session was over, it did something It hasn't done before. Instead of watching the temp drop from 515F (what I had it set at), instead it said the temp was 807 while below it, it showed the 515 I had set it at just as normal.

I have used it a few more times, and it is doing the same thing about 85% of the time.

Is this a sign that there is something wrong with my Pockety?

Should I contact the company about it?
This has happened to me. I find that if I keep the contacts really clean, the temp readout will behave. Somewhere back in May or June? I described some of my problems in this thread. On my last cleaning I used Deoxit Gold on the contacts and I hope that helps. I clean mine every 50 puffs on the counter. The counter will reset to 0 if you press and hold the up and down arrows until it goes to 0.

2tiki

This has happened to me. I find that if I keep the contacts really clean, the temp readout will behave. Somewhere back in May or June? I described some of my problems in this thread. On my last cleaning I used Deoxit Gold on the contacts and I hope that helps. I clean mine every 50 puffs on the counter. The counter will reset to 0 if you press and hold the up and down arrows until it goes to 0.
Thanks for the info. I've already taken apart and cleaned the whole screw off unit 3 times. I don't always clean the contacts though. I'll try that. As long as it isn't a sign that the Pockety is broken, I won't worry about it. Other than the cleaning of course.

OyVape

I asked jcvap John about similar issues with both of my Pockety’s. He said it was caused by an atomizer short he didn’t say what that was caused by.

someguy

I got stoned and tried to burn off the gunk on my heater, oops now its burnt ON! The Pockety won't heat it enough to burn it clean like the DTV5, I knew that but I wanted to believe.....

PS the hot knife is terrible, I have a similar looking one from somewhere else and it heats up 10x quicker. The scoop shape holds wax no matter how quick it heats though, I prefer the short stubby flat blade ones.

OyVape

@someguy that picture doesn’t show much. Is that the bottom? Where does the vape fit in?

BTW you can just chuck the whole bottom chamber in ISO for 15 minutes to see if it loosens up enough

someguy

@someguy that picture doesn’t show much. Is that the bottom? Where does the vape fit in?

BTW you can just chuck the whole bottom chamber in ISO for 15 minutes to see if it loosens up enough
Thanks for the tip, I don't think this burnt on stuff will come off with an iso soak but I might try it. I tried the metal cleaning brush you get in the case and it had very little effect, qtips also with iso did nothing. Porbably would've worked if I didn't try to do a burn off.
Yeah the model view sucks let me see what I can do. I'll upload a photo, I don't know how to change the stl origin or whatever and i lost the original model when I forgot to save.

Bababouy

@someguy try heating the iso first with a coffee warmer if available or some other nonflammable heat source. I’m always amazed how much more effective it is when warm and it’s helped me pry the ti cup out of my JCVAP 3D ICA multiple times when I was still using it more often.

MonkeyTime

I made a 3d printed base for mine and I want to share the model for anyone else that wants it. It makes it a lot more stable, hopefully it will keep the glass safe.
Seems like others are addressing your other issues, and I don't have mine yet. :cry:

But very appreciative of the file! Settings posted here or there would be appreciated and a head start!

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: LesPlenty

2tiki

Mine is still very new and has less than 60 "puffs" so far. I have been taking it apart and cleaning the parts by hand. When you say "chuck the whole bottom chamber in iso", what do you mean? Which parts of the chamber am I NOT putting in ISO, and which parts am I actually putting in the ISO? I want make sure I don't put in the wrong parts.

Obviously not any of the silicone parts, of course.

Thanks for the STL @someguy I was thinking about designing something like that and you saved me the trouble.

Knewt

Mine is still very new and has less than 60 "puffs" so far. I have been taking it apart and cleaning the parts by hand. When you say "chuck the whole bottom chamber in iso", what do you mean? Which parts of the chamber am I NOT putting in ISO, and which parts am I actually putting in the ISO? I want make sure I don't put in the wrong parts.

Obviously not any of the silicone parts, of course.

Thanks for the STL @someguy I was thinking about designing something like that and you saved me the trouble.
I soak all of the oven parts in iso for about 15 minutes. Then I go over everything with Q-tips. The ceramic oven has stains in it that don’t seem to come out, but I have resisted taking it further apart so that is can soak by itself. I leave my ruby insert soaking for longer than 15 minutes, but it never seems very dirty.

OyVape

I was responding to whoever said their atomizer was so glued together that it wouldn’t appear to the unit so he could heat it up to open up to clean it.
this happened to me once so I just had to put the glued-together top and boTom chambers in alcohol and then just keep gently trying to unscrew it. It might be stuck but little by little it will unscrew.
There is silicone in the bottom chamber so don‘t leave it in alcohol more than 15 minutes if you can help it. It isn’t the end of the world if you do, but try not to.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I don’t have a Pockety, but I just picked up one of their Proxy AlN chambers. I looked at the confirmation a little closer a few days after I ordered and realized I had forgotten to include my apartment number. I emailed them and had prompt responses and a pleasant interaction, I feel like I recall someone questioning their CS. Thumbs up from me if so, disregard if not.

MonkeyTime

Mine showed up yesterday, had some time to get started with it, but not dial it in.

Got the ruby bucket and where I was riding about 380F-420F with my Daab, 500F feels closer with this and the ruby, guessing 525ish will mimick performance.

I like it already and assume once dialed in will be a lot of fun.

Did I do something or did I inadvertently change a setting that the set temp keeps changing? I thought maybe I was hitting the buttons but watched carefully on two sessions that it changed without me touching the buttons? Gremlins or early unit firmware :rofl:

*Edited for phone typo

Knewt

Mine showed up yesterday, had some time to get started with it, but not dial it in.

Got the ruby bucket and where I was riding about 380F-420F with my Daab, 500F feels closer with this and the ruby, guessing 525ish will mimick performance.

Did I do something or did I inadvertently change a setting that the set temp keeps changing? I thought maybe I was hitting the buttons but watched carefully on two sessions that it changed without me touching the buttons? Gremlins or early unit firmware :rofl:

*Edited for phone typo
If you read some of @felvapes early posts in this thread he talks about how the presets work. It’s too much button pushing for me to deal with, so I try to make sure I have the correct temp set when I start the unit.

2tiki

*Edited for phone typo
You probably tapped the power button. If you hit it once while on, it will jump to the next highest setting. Keep in mind what color the light is glowing. It has a specific color for each setting. And the light will blink the new color when you tap the power button, to show it changed to the next setting. 2 taps to start the session. So, if you accidentally tap it 3 times when you mean to tap 2 times, it could do it as well. But if you are positive that is not what is happening, then maybe there is a glitch.

MonkeyTime

You probably tapped the power button. If you hit it once while on, it will jump to the next highest setting. Keep in mind what color the light is glowing. It has a specific color for each setting. And the light will blink the new color when you tap the power button, to show it changed to the next setting. 2 taps to start the session. So, if you accidentally tap it 3 times when you mean to tap 2 times, it could do it as well. But if you are positive that is not what is happening, then maybe there is a glitch.
Thanks guys, that's probably what's happening. I couldn't figure out why the lights were different colors at different times either.

This should all be in a manual, I'll look for the tutorial on here!

MonkeyTime

Soooo, have had some time to play with this, and I'm really liking it!

The ruby seems to take a bit extra to heat up, maybe just my inexperience with the material? But the favor is great and clean up has been easy.

Battery life has been pretty good, I'll say sufficient. The only complaint I have is the carb cap, so I'll be ordering a few tonight to play with. Suggestions are welcome, it seems the Puffco pro are the same size.

I was liking this enough to order another unit with the AlN cup, I was torn when ordering anyways as well as a SiC 5D heater. That should keep me in parts to play with. Has anyone ordered another unit after using either the sale with the get15off or other stacked discounts?

I tried to order tonight, but both the unit and 5D heater show up as normal price. Site still has the 710 sale banner all over, maybe that sale is over?

Either way loving it! I've been using the water attachment to a medium sized globe with matrix perc and a whip, very nice hits.

She's a sipper, but a really nice one, I think she'll get some use.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone ordered another unit after using either the sale with the get15off or other stacked discounts?
I am waiting for his next version before getting another myself (it is supposedly going to have quick swap batteries) but I have a Puffco Peak Pro & JCVap heaters for spares.
I was told this info about quick swap batteries many months ago and nothing since then so the current version is still worth getting if you do not own one.

2tiki

The only complaint I have is the carb cap, so I'll be ordering a few tonight to play with. Suggestions are welcome, it seems the Puffco pro are the same size.

I have been thinking that the only thing bugging me about the experience is the annoying cap. I took off the leash and that helped a bit, but I really want to get a cap that I don't have to interact with while using the Pockety. Is there such a thing for under $30? If so, what is it called?

Top Bottom