Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

vapviking

Old & In the Way

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Elon Musk’s politics are crashing hard into his business

A clear problem has emerged for a man who became rich, famous and increasingly powerful by retailing himself to Americans as a tribune of the human future: It’s now more difficult than ever to separate Musk the businessman from Musk the political figure.

Early voting record shattered in Georgia

Georgia voters took to the polls in record numbers Tuesday, casting more than 300,000 ballots on the first day of early voting, according to officials.

Last edited:

florduh

Elon Musk’s politics are crashing hard into his business

A clear problem has emerged for a man who became rich, famous and increasingly powerful by retailing himself to Americans as a tribune of the human future: It’s now more difficult than ever to separate Musk the businessman from Musk the political figure.

Yeah, I agree. The new Tesla designs are clearly informed by his politics:

14969834990_ee28732fb0_b.jpg

I knew this guy is the biggest Apartheid South African American Welfare Queen in history. I didn't realize SpaceX only exists because of a CIA contractor, Mike Griffin, who took a job at Bush's NASA.

While at NASA, Griffin brought Musk in for meetings and secured SpaceX’s big break. In 2006, NASA awarded the company a $396 million rocket development contract – a remarkable “gamble” in Griffin’s words, especially as it had never launched a rocket before. As National Geographic put it, SpaceX, “never would have gotten to where it is today without NASA.” And Griffin was essential to this development. Still, by 2008, SpaceX was again in dire straits, with Musk unable to make payroll. The company was saved by an unexpected $1.6 billion NASA contract for commercial cargo services. Thus, from its earliest days, SpaceX was nurtured by government agencies that saw the company as a potentially important source of technology.

Musk being involved with both the CIA and NASA makes sense though, given how integral this government program was to the founding of both organizations:

Operation Paperclip was a secret United States intelligence program in which more than 1,600 German scientists, engineers, and technicians were taken from former Nazi Germany to the U.S. for government employment after the end of World War II in Europe, between 1945 and 1959. Most were former members and leaders of the Nazi Party.

florduh,

florduh

Well, what do you know? Sinwar wasn't found hiding in a preschool. Or in a tunnel under a hospital. He was above ground and ended by small arms fire. Kind of begs the question, why did these cowards feel the need to bomb every structure in their internment camp into rubble?

Kinda reminds me of how we dropped the equivalent of several thousand nuclear bombs on Afghanistan, only to find Bin Laden chilling in an Airbnb in a totally separate allied country, like half a mile from a CIA affiliate headquarters.

florduh,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom