Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was hoping for 100 million or so, but 83 is good enough, and it is less likely to be overturned or reduced on appeal.

cybrguy,

florduh

Trader Joe's, a store frequented almost exclusively by Libs, is following the Tesla model.

I tell you what, Joe. If we don't want the National Labor Relations Board to handle these disputes we can do it the old fashioned way.

d712398bfeccc7aac3d489a6d08eb5eaa6cb5d48eae616638c4037bbe75e44c9_1.jpg

florduh

image.png

The Biden Campaign is gonna need to workshop a better response for their supporters to chant.

florduh,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Florida really IS the right place for Donnie boy to live. He fits in perfectly...
Forgive me folks, I missed that this post was from 2017. Somehow, I don't think the situation has gotten any better down there, but it's only fair that I point that out. I've gotten caught by reposts of old articles a couple of times before, and I need to pay better attention.

florduh

LOL eat shit, bozo.

This dummy spends allllll day yappin on Twitter. Doesn't do shit. And he tried to give himself the single biggest paycheck in human history.

I got a better idea. Tesla has about 120,000 employees. People who actually do work for a living. $56 billion is enough to give each of them like a $400,000 bonus.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

SinfulRoad

One of the all-time great hypotheses. Both the name and the concept.

GEQAmzMWAAAYASG
Doesn't the inverse square law diminish and change that radiation? But I could definitely see our species (in the far future) doing that, if our history with more native, less technologically developed people is any indication. Doesn't end well for anyone.

SinfulRoad,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Doesn't the inverse square law diminish and change that radiation?

Yeah. Especially with normal radio/TV signals, I'm pretty sure. Unfortunately, we already purposely sent out a more powerful signal back in the 70's.

Here's what it looked like.

Arecibo-message%20copy.png

C'mon, man it literally looks like some Space Invaders shit! What are we doing here?!?! :doh:

But I could definitely see our species (in the far future) doing that, if our history with more native, less technologically developed people is any indication.

I'd like to think that most aliens would be cool, like ET. But the thing is... all it takes is one shitty alien species to send the entire galaxy spinning into a Dark Forest state.

There's also the concept of a "Prisoner's Dilemma". Given the distances involved, you can't have a real time convo with aliens. A one-way message takes decades or centuries to reach its destination. How are you supposed to conduct diplomacy that way?

I mean... if you discover another intelligent species, it's almost rational to wipe them out immediately. Because you don't know if they have good intentions. And waiting around centuries to have a conversation and find out puts all life in your solar system at risk.

The odds are we're going to have someone visit us before we're visiting any other civilization, so we're going to be the native, less technologically developed life forms in that scenario...

They're making a Netflix series out of an awesome Chinese book series that discusses the whole "Dark Forest" problem. I think it comes out in March.

There's another hypothesis from those books that freaks me out a little when I'm really ripped on a sativa.

You might say, why worry about all this alien/Dark Forest shit? There's no evidence of aliens, dummy. But at the same time, how would we know? Are we sure we know what black holes really are, for example.

In the books they call it the Shooter/Farmer Hypotheses.

image.png

Maybe what we call "natural laws" are actually the results of wars between aliens with awesome technological powers. Probably not. But, imo, we should probably shut the fuck up as a species. Just in case.

florduh,

florduh

In November, Americans will decide which group of Republican Cable News hosts will become the de facto President in 2025.

Inside Biden's obsession with "Morning Joe"

image.png

This is exactly what Trump would do with Fox and Friends. And the fucked part is Steve Douchey, Brian Kill-me, and Morning Joe Scarborough all agree that:
  • America needs to nuke Iran ASAP
  • Refugees created by the last 40 years of American foreign policy are not welcome here
  • 11,000 dead children isn't enough revenge for October 7th
Ain't democracy grand?

florduh,

florduh

Folks, it's real

GFMAOgfWcAAztov

image.png

GFmpdxeXkAAOaxi

The Bell Riots were a pivotal series of events on Earth that took place in September of 2024. Started in San Francisco's Sanctuary District A, they were named after protest leader Gabriel Bell. One of the most violent civil disturbances in all of American history, the riots and subsequent crackdown resulted in the deaths of hundreds of Sanctuary District residents. (DS9: "Past Tense, Part I", "Past Tense, Part II")

florduh,
Reactions: cosimo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
One of the all-time great hypotheses. Both the name and the concept.

GEQAmzMWAAAYASG

They're making a Netflix series out of an awesome Chinese book series that discusses the whole "Dark Forest" problem. I think it comes out in March.

It's the Three Body Problem series of books by Cixin Liu. I've read them, and it is a great series to read. I've alsowatched the Chineese miniseres of the books...which was great. So much philosophy discussion could be had from analyzing those books.

I look forward to seeing what Netflix does with it.

Here's the first episode of the Chinese series made from the book(s) It's like 30-some episodes:

Last edited:

florduh

I look forward to seeing what Netflix does with it.

It will be interesting. I think filming the second book (The Dark Forest) will be extremely difficult. And the last book (Death's End) is more or less impossible to film. Can't recommend the book series enough though. Some of the most original fiction I've ever consumed.

Bill Clinton passed NAFTA and cut welfare. He was impeached over a blowjob.

In the first election I could vote in, John Kerry said he'd prosecute Bush's stupid, illegal wars in a smart, Harvard educated way. Got his ass kicked.

Obama offered to cut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Republicans responded with the Tea Party.

Now Biden is offering to pass Trump's white nationalist immigration plan (sure glad we "saved democracy" in 2020).

Are these people very stupid and horrible at politics, or are they sincere Right Wingers? And does the difference even matter?

Top Bottom