• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Well they don't call it FloriDUH for nothin'. We don't want our kids too educated down here. Just funnel them into low paid tourism jobs. These are public schools we're talking about here anyway. If these kids were worth anything their parents could've afforded to send them to private school.

Also, I like how we have military wives doing stolen valor now. How the fuck does your husband doing a job at some point in the past qualify YOU to do anything?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My daughter teaches 5th grade, went to university for it and has had to take different courses each year since graduating to increase her teaching skills. She loves "her kids". One of my daughter's greatest strength's is that she loves teaching. I have also met many teachers with the required credentials who shouldn't be teaching.

Jumping from waitress to teacher ...... I can't wait to ask her about this.....

EDIT: Asked my daughter for her opinion. Boy did she give me an earful. She said: No. Its not a joke. Florida treats the teaching profession so poorly that there is a teacher's shortage so bad that they have no alternatives to filling thousands of vacancies. Then there's the politicalizing of teaching.....what is taught, how its taught and worse....some teachers are actually threatened and treated horribly by some the community.

After hearing my daughter out.....I got a feeling if she didn't "love her kids" and the profession .... she might consider making a lot more doing something else. So while it might seem like a good deal for a waitress to become a teacher the teacher could do better and it looks like thousands of teachers decided to do just that.

Last edited:

florduh

My daughter teaches 5th grade, went to university for it and has had to take different courses each year since graduating to increase her teaching skills. She loves "her kids". One of my daughter's greatest strength's is that she loves teaching. I have also met many teachers with the required credentials who shouldn't be teaching.

Jumping from waitress to teacher ...... I can't wait to ask her about this.....

EDIT: Asked my daughter for her opinion. Boy did she give me an earful. She said: No. Its not a joke. Florida treats the teaching profession so poorly that there is a teacher's shortage so bad that they have no alternatives to filling thousands of vacancies. Then there's the politicalizing of teaching.....what is taught, how its taught and worse....some teachers are actually threatened and treated horribly by some the community.

After hearing my daughter out.....I got a feeling if she didn't "love her kids" and the profession .... she might consider making a lot more doing something else. So while it might seem like a good deal for a waitress to become a teacher the teacher could do better and it looks like thousands of teachers decided to do just that.

First of all, @His_Highness, your daughter sounds wonderful. I was thinking it really has to suck for people who took out onerous loans and went to school for 4 years because they genuinely wanted to help kids.

All of this is part of a multi decade effort to destroy public education in this country. That's what's behind all the critical racism theory and gay/trans hysteria shit too.

Funny enough, I'm sure the hog people screaming themselves hoarse at PTA meetings over the past few years think of themselves as hating "coastal elites". But all of these moral panics, going back to "The War on Christmas" and "The Gay Agenda" 15-20 years ago are manufactured by a billionaire funded think tank called "The Manhattan Institute". All these salt of the earth middle America types getting lead around on a leash by rich New Yorkers who go out to $1,000 dinners in Manhattan every night. Amazing.

From the footage I've seen of those insane PTA meetings, I'm guessing a healthy percentage of the people screaming won't be able to afford to send their kids to school when education is totally privatized. Fortunately, there's a delightful Free Market solution for that too:

LOL, another one of these stories dropped today.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Among the jewelry stolen on Sunday, according to police sources were: a $390,000 Cuban link chain, a $200,000 men’s gold chain, a $125,000 wedding ring, a $75,000 Rolex, a $75,000 Cavalier watch, a $50,000 wedding ring, a $25,000 Episcopal ruby and diamond ring, a $25,000 Episcopal diamond ring, a $25,000 pair of earrings, a $20,000 diamond and emerald cross, a $20,000 Episcopal ring, a $15,000 Episcopal cross and a $10,000 Episcopal gold cross.

Last edited:

florduh

The people who rule America, who mostly sit in corporate boardrooms rather than Congress, are some real scumbags. In private, they're praying that conditions for workers get worse.

The article includes this banger quote from Adam Smith. I always forget the father of capitalism was actually pretty based.

“High profits tend much more to raise the price of work than high wages,” Smith argued. “Our merchants and master-manufacturers complain much of the bad effects of high wages in raising the price. … They say nothing concerning the bad effects of high profits. They are silent with regard to the pernicious effects of their own gains. They complain only of those of other people.”

50% of the price increases being described as "inflation" are just corporations taking a higher RATE of profit than they took in the years before 2020. Blaming inflation on the meager gains workers have hade in the past two years is fuCking laughable. Especially when housing prices have skyrocketed way past those gains.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

florduh

This part is the Stuff.
Jon Stewart on Senate failure to pass Vets bill.

And this part is the News Article (from Wonkette);

Yeah, it's real sicko shit that we've refused to help the veterans we poisoned in the utterly pointless Iraq War. Our 21st century wars accomplished nothing except making the shareholders of weapons companies richer, and giving the Taliban more control of Afghanistan than they had in 2001. The least we can do is help the Americans we fucked over in the process.

The author of that article can call the Republicans "not a real political party", but they usually deliver for their constituencies. Namely the oligarchs and hateful religious weirdos. More than I can say for the Democrats in my lifetime.

There's a fairly simple solution to get the veterans bill passed. As well as a number of other pieces of legislation. Abolish the idiotic filibuster. The Democrats are allegedly scared to do this, for fear of what Republicans would do in the future. It's gonna be amazing to watch the Republicans abolish the filibuster anyway as soon as they have the Senate again. To make a certain gynecological procedure we're not allowed to talk about illegal in all 50 States.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You can't always judge a book by its cover, but here's the former Google guy:

FVU0hMtWUAE71Qm.jpg

Mayyyyybe not the best dude to determine if you're talking to a real human woman, and not a bot.

In the movie "Gladiator" with Russell Crow, one of Maximus' fellow gladiators (an African slave) cleans out Maximus' wound with maggots (presumably) to prevent infection. That was around the time of Christ. While the story is fiction I had no problem believing that this knowledge was available at that time in the right places.

Yes. Maggots can be used to clean wounds. For some reason they will eat all the dead/diseased flesh, and not touch the healthy flesh. If one finds themselves in the absence of better modern-medicine, then maggots seem to be a reasonable method of cleaning a wound.
First of all, @His_Highness, your daughter sounds wonderful. I was thinking it really has to suck for people who took out onerous loans and went to school for 4 years because they genuinely wanted to help kids.

All of this is part of a multi decade effort to destroy public education in this country. That's what's behind all the critical racism theory and gay/trans hysteria shit too.

Funny enough, I'm sure the hog people screaming themselves hoarse at PTA meetings over the past few years think of themselves as hating "coastal elites". But all of these moral panics, going back to "The War on Christmas" and "The Gay Agenda" 15-20 years ago are manufactured by a billionaire funded think tank called "The Manhattan Institute". All these salt of the earth middle America types getting lead around on a leash by rich New Yorkers who go out to $1,000 dinners in Manhattan every night. Amazing.

From the footage I've seen of those insane PTA meetings, I'm guessing a healthy percentage of the people screaming won't be able to afford to send their kids to school when education is totally privatized. Fortunately, there's a delightful Free Market solution for that too:

LOL, another one of these stories dropped today.

Yeah, I remember when I was in Texas, the head of the school-board (A FUCKING DENTIST!!!) tried to list Moses as one of the founding fathers of the USA in our social studies textbooks...that would go out and fuck up the heads of half the kids n the country because of how much Texas has sway with textbook providers, due to the significant population in Teaxs. :razz:

He wanted to lie to children like this!!!!!!!!!! What a piece of garbage human being he was, mother fucking piece of human trash.
Abolish the idiotic filibuster.

I've never understood why something like the filibuster can be a thing in any type of government that is not intended to be purely a joke.

The Filibuster is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, and its existence makes the American governmental system to appear to be the stupidest thing in existence today. It's completely ridiculous that anyone ever has allowed a thing like a filibuster to happen.

Last edited:

florduh

Yeah, I remember when I was in Texas, the head of the school-board (A FUCKING DENTIST!!!) tried to list Moses as one of the founding fathers of the USA in our social studies textbooks...that would go out and fuck up the heads of half the kids n the country because of how much Texas has sway with textbook providers, due to the significant population in Teaxs. :razz:

That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. Setting aside the fact that Moses is a fictional character in a novel set thousands of years before Europeans came to North America. Moses was a former slave. My guess is he wouldn't want any part in founding a Slaver State.

I've never understood why something like the filibuster can be a thing in any type of government that is not intended to be purely a joke.

This country was founded by slaver aristocrats. The Senate was created to ensure the will of the aristocrats would remain supreme. If the peasants elect too many undesirables to the House, the Senate is there to make sure the will of the peasantry gets slapped down.

At the end of the day, we need a page 1 rewrite of the Constitution. It was written by syphilitic 20 something slavers who didn't know what a germ was. With a feather. By candlelight.

Jefferson thought we should rewrite the thing every 20 years. But we've let it rot down to the bones. I can't see that happening though. Our Constitution is so shitty it's now virtually impossible to amend the thing, let alone rewrite it.

florduh

Holy shit, no one told me they were televising this.

LOL, Jones got caught committing perjury because his lawyers sent every text message from his phone to the Sandy Hook parents' lawyer.

going off alex jones GIF

It also came out that Info Wars was making upwards of 800k per day, selling scam supplements to slack-jaws and lead poisoned boomers. Homie was out there getting that bag. I'm not even mad. Scamming people who are willing to watch Info Wars is a totally ethical way to make money, in my estimation.

Since it's not looking good for Alex, here's a throwback to happier times:

I'd say about half of the 9 million views are from me when this song came out a few years ago. Absolute banger.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Holy shit, no one told me they were televising this.

LOL, Jones got caught committing perjury because his lawyers sent every text message from his phone to the Sandy Hook parents' lawyer.

going off alex jones GIF

It also came out that Info Wars was making upwards of 800k per day, selling scam supplements to slack-jaws and lead poisoned boomers. Homie was out there getting that bag. I'm not even mad. Scamming people who are willing to watch Info Wars is a totally ethical way to make money, in my estimation.

Since it's not looking good for Alex, here's a throwback to happier times:

I'd say about half of the 9 million views are from me when this song came out a few years ago. Absolute banger.

Total asshat.

florduh

FZQXvmxXkAAq9vc

This trial is the gift that keeps on giving. Jones was confronted with a clip from Info Wars accusing the judge IN HIS OWN TRIAL of being a pedophile child trafficker. Because she worked at CPS.

Jones said the clip was out of context. Here was the opposing attorney’s response.

But Bankston later asked Jones, “Is there anything before and after that that would make it great to show pictures of our judge on fire and telling the world that she is involved in pedophile? Can you tell me the context that would occur before or after?”

Lol. Keep in mind. Jones is on trial for spreading lies about the Sandy Hook parents and ginning up his audience to harass them. And now he’s doing it to the judge on his own trial. In the middle of the trial.

This would be like if a guy was on the way to his DUI trial. Driving drunk. And plowed into the car of the judge on his case. Only Jones is doing this on purpose.

florduh

This story is making my Havana Syndrome act up. Splitting headache.

First, the good news. Glad 'Ol Dick has finally transformed into the Evil Emperor from Star Wars. Very appropriate. That's the only nice thing I have to say.

If we're mad at Trump for trying to steal an election, I definitely don't want to hear about it from a motherfucker who SUCCESSFULY stole the 2000 election. I don't care if he used the Supreme Court rather than Sea-Doo owners storming Federal Buildings.

"The voters rejected Trump", Bitch, the voters rejected YOU. Yet you still got to rule this country. Disastrously. Bush and Cheney were worse than Trump by literally every metric. Amazing that people have forgotten this.

Quotation-Gore-Vidal-We-are-the-United-States-of-Amnesia-we-learn-nothing-48-85-12.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I have no love for Deadeye Dick and believe that his influence on America was all bad and incredibly destructive, I will accept help from the devil himself in making sure the Zombies don't rise again in American government. At least Cheney isn't asking for anyone's soul in return for his help, this time. I believe that Cheney believed, no matter how wrong, that he was helping the country. The Zombies don't give a fuck, they just want to steal it from the rest of us, and if they destroy it in the process they couldn't care less. Politics makes strange bedfellows...

florduh

At least Cheney isn't asking for anyone's soul in return for his help, this time.

Yeah because he already took the legs and arms from thousands of American servicemen who will now piss themselves every Fourth of July because their bodies and brains were maimed in Cheney's two utterly pointless wars. Well not totally pointless, as they made Dick and his friends even richer.

I believe that Cheney believed, no matter how wrong, that he was helping the country.

The MAGA people believe they're doing the right thing too. Shit, Hitler believed he was acting in the best interests of Germany. Who cares? Cheney is as close to an actual demon as you can get in this world.

I guess at the end of the day... this ad isn't for me. It's for the maybe 100 elderly Republicans left in Wyoming who aren't totally lost in the MAGA sauce and still have fond memories of the early 00's. But it's absolutely deranging for people who can even somewhat accurately remember 20 years ago. But I'm probably in the minority. The United States of Amnesia.

I'd be fine with the ad if it was more, "Donald Trump was a terrible President. Take it from me, the Vice President from the #1 worst, most disastrous administration in American History."

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I'd be fine with the ad if it was more, "Donald Trump was a terrible President. Take it from me, the Vice President from the #1 worst, most disastrous administration in American History."

Well thats sorta old thinking he was the VP of the most disasterous administration in American history until now.

Top Bottom