Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

And yet, those critics were ignored by politicians and pundits of both parties eager to shovel federal money to a handful of powerful tech companies. Indeed, when Sen. Bernie Sanders (Ind.-Vt.) attempted to attach conditions to those subsidies — including a ban on stock buybacks, a cap on executive pay, a government equity stake, and union neutrality provisions — he was thwarted by Democratic leaders.

I can fully understand why politicians on both sides of the aisle hate Bernie Sanders. He said, if we give chip manufacturers a 76 billion dollar blank check, they will funnel that money to shareholders and fuck over their employees. And sure enough, he was 100% correct. But scumbag politicians don't like being called on their bullshit.

This is why I've checked out of caring about politics very much. Regardless of who's in power, The Machine keeps running as designed. Funneling money to the already rich, and fucking over workers. For the most part we vote on if the ruling party will virtue signal to the people who watch CNN (owned by billionaire Ted Turner) or Fox News (owned by billionaire Rupert Murdoch).

florduh

More evidence that we've underestimated climate change and its affects.

You say that, but I'm a Free Thinker™. And this based YouTube channel/Blog I follow (fully funded by an extraction industry billionaire) told me it's all bullshit.

Now on to some totally unrelated, real, non globullist bullshit News. Another victim of Woke Cancel Culture:

An estimated one billion crabs have mysteriously disappeared in two years, state officials said. It marks a 90% drop in their population.

Last edited:

florduh

I want to strap every boomer into the Clockwork Orange chair and make them watch this on repeat for 8 hours, minimum.

clockwork orange no GIF

"Noooo! Nooooo!! You kids are just too lazy and woke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

florduh,
Reactions: Planck

JCC

Pilotless UH-60 Black Hawk​

The Army recently flew Sikorsky’s optionally manned Black Hawk helicopter for an hour without pilots in the cockpit or direct human control, instead allowing the aircraft’s robotic brain to operate the helicopter during a tech demonstration in the Arizona desert.
As part of the more extensive Project Convergence experimentation program, the Optionally Piloted Vehicle, or OPV Black Hawk, and several other technologies were recently tested by Army Futures Command officials for inclusion in an eventual suite of systems that will autonomously resupply forward deployed troops around the clock in all weather.

Sikorsky and the Army have been conducting tests in support of developing a fully autonomous and/or remotely piloted UH-60 Black Hawk for years. The OPV Black Hawk initially carried safety pilots in the cockpit. In February, pilots were removed from the test helicopter to demonstrate that Sikorsky’s Aircrew Labor In-Cockpit Automation System, or ALIAS, can fly the helicopter without a human. Sikorsky released the below video on the occasion of the first "uninhabited flight."

florduh

I love how the Infallible Free Market is this natural force like gravity that can't be meddled with... until it starts benefitting anyone other than the wealthy. Then they immediately pull The Recession Lever. What an obvious fuckin scam.

The peasantry must be disciplined.

40i2xy.jpg

florduh,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I love how the Infallible Free Market is this natural force like gravity that can't be meddled with... until it starts benefitting anyone other than the wealthy. Then they immediately pull The Recession Lever. What an obvious fuckin scam.

The peasantry must be disciplined.

40i2xy.jpg

Know your place, eat your cake, these are the good times, enjoy them while you can.

Babylon Drifter,
  • Love
Reactions: florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

JCC

Author Jon Schwartz makes a compelling argument that Musk being forced to buy Twitter is one of the funniest things that's ever happened.

Let's not forget how much is owned by Saudi Arabia

Saudi's Kingdom Holding company to maintain Twitter stake​

Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding Company and the private office of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal said on Friday that they will continue their ownership of Twitter (TWTR.N) shares valued at $1.89 billion after Elon Musk's takeover of the social media company, according to a statement tweeted by Prince Alwaleed. Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding is 16.9% owned by Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund chaired by crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman.

florduh

Let's not forget how much is owned by Saudi Arabia

Saudi's Kingdom Holding company to maintain Twitter stake​

Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding Company and the private office of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal said on Friday that they will continue their ownership of Twitter (TWTR.N) shares valued at $1.89 billion after Elon Musk's takeover of the social media company, according to a statement tweeted by Prince Alwaleed. Alwaleed's Kingdom Holding is 16.9% owned by Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund chaired by crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman.

Nothing says Freedom of Speech like the "common digital town square" being privately owned by a South African flim-flam man and the guys who did 9/11!!

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just deleted 5 posts about the Qanon theory claiming Paul Pelosi is gay and invited his attacker home.

While there might well be more details of this story to emerge, we don't have the ability to sort out what is true and what is not, although this particular theory has been thoroughly debunked by reputable sources. What is clear is that this sort of story is likely to cause friction here that we don't need want. Please find something less divisive to talk about. Thank you for your cooperation.

florduh

Absolutely stunning look at how the richest guy on earth, a guy The Infallible And Just Free Market selected as the best, smartest person on the planet conducts his business.

Fge7mpgXgAEI9oV

"How about $8.....pleeeeease?????" Fucking pathetic. No one's paying a dime for your shitty website, bud. No one.

Musk is smart enough to understand Twitter is a Loser. That's why he never actually wanted to buy it. The whole thing was a publicity stunt to generate headlines. Now he's been forced to buy this loser because of his own stupidity, and the panic is setting in.

You love to see it.

Top Bottom