Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

This is how you know the NRA is a complete fraud. So are most "pro Second Amendment" politicians. Americans do not have the right to bear arms. That's just some bullshit written down in textbooks.

Americans have the same right to gun ownership as citizens of North Korea. You're allowed to have a gun there.... so long as a cop doesn't see you with it. Because if they do, they're allowed to murder you where you stand. It's the exact same situation in "The Land of the Free". If a cop knows (or even just suspects) you have a gun, they are legally allowed to execute you. So long as they tell a jury they felt "scared".

florduh

When it comes to "cancel culture", I can't really get too upset over the plight of multimillionaire comedians when shit like this happens all the time to workers struggling to make ends meet.

florduh

I know the Joe Rogan discourse is tedious. But I saw this video and figured I'd post it here. Just in case anyone was wondering why I'd be (at least lightly) defending this awful racist Right Wing talk radio host.

Now, people change. Some of those clips are from 3+ years ago, but a lot of them are from the last two years. And the compilation video that went around as evidence of Joe's racism had a lot of clips from 10+ years ago.

As I've said, my Right Winger Dad is about Joe's age. If he made any of the noises Joe did in that video, my fucking head would explode.

Last edited:
florduh,
Reactions: Ramahs

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Cant justify anyone defending this fuckwit... Nice clip, lots of lip service but he is just blowing smoke.
Note Spotify already pulled his episodes endorsing Proud Boys, and several others. Joe Rogan should be sprayed with diarrhea every time he walks in public.

Just because he says a few nice comments above, it don't mean shit... his show speaks for itself. Someone had to harvest 10 years of his shit podcast to build that 2:20 minute defense in the clip above.

florduh

Fair enough. He's definitely playing lip service. That's literally all talking heads do for a living. Though as far as lip service goes, it's pretty good. I would kill for supposedly progressive politicians to pay that sort of lip service. The President won't even pay lip service to universal healthcare, free college, or raising taxes on the wealthy to rebuild our inner cities. In fact, he's specifically against all of those things.

I stopped listening in early 2020, so I'm pretty confident in saying every one of those clips is from 2018 on. I'm fine if Joey gets the diarrhea treatment. But we're gonna need to buy Ex-Lax in bulk because there's a lot of people spreading far more vile shit than Rogan out there.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I remember back when he was a moon landing denialist. :tinfoil:

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

florduh

I remember back when he was a moon landing denialist. :tinfoil:

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

Yeah, that was the fun kind of misinformation! Or like all the Graham Hancock “alternative history” stuff. I was like “this is probably bullshit, but it’s fun bullshit”. At some point, it turned to less fun bullshit.

It hasn’t escaped my notice that the show became less fun after Joe got a 100 million dollar payday. My theory that after a certain point, the more money you have the worse of a person you are seems pretty undefeated.

florduh,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

It's an important step in the process of getting them benifits and voting rights. If dogs can run for office, cats ought to be able to vote them out of office, its only fair.

Razhumikin

It's an important step in the process of getting them benifits and voting rights. If dogs can run for office, cats ought to be able to vote them out of office, its only fair.
Who says they'd vote against each other? Their interests naturally align, more food, more pets, and less rights for furniture. Sounds like the beginning of a new political paw-ty to me.

shredder

Urine Trouble

I've been harrased by goats while backpacking in Montana. They kept trying to steal sweaty clothes drying on rocks near a mountain lake. No trees to hang them on, it was above the tree line.

I was armed with rocks, but my warning throws didn't seem to faze the goats.

C No Ego

I've been harrased by goats while backpacking in Montana. They kept trying to steal sweaty clothes drying on rocks near a mountain lake. No trees to hang them on, it was above the tree line.

I was armed with rocks, but my warning throws didn't seem to faze the goats.
I've always thought goat cheese tasted like feet LOL, goat milk too . guess they like that smell as its in their milk LOL

C No Ego,
  • Haha
Top Bottom