Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Ah, but what does Wallace Shawn say? He is a supporter of the Palestinian people. I think we know what he would say.

afp.com-20231016-PH-GTY-1739510965-highres.jpg

florduh

That guy's a Republican who doesn't mind abortion and hates Trump. I should hope he was happy, given that the entire night was focused on appealing to people like him. I guess we'll see how many of these people there are, come November.

917xue.jpg

Personally, the past 24-36 hours have eliminated all of the enthusiasm I had for this campaign over the past month. They featured a Q Anon Sherrif, Republican politicians, and a CIA Director quoting Ronald Reagan. But I can tell you the exact moment coconut-pilled brat summer ended for me. It's when Kamala promised "the most lethal military the world has ever seen", followed by chants of "USA! USA!"

I hope she wins and I think she will, but we're headed into a dark future no matter what, I'm afraid :shrug:

NdTu6ZpKn99b.png

Something to look out for if Kamala becomes the President: absolute scumbags will be in her ear telling her the first woman President can't look "weak". Begging her to invade Iran or something so Greg Gutfield doesn't call her a pussy on The Five.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Something to look out for if Kamala becomes the President: absolute scumbags will be in her ear telling her the first woman President can't look "weak". Begging her to invade Iran or something so Greg Gutfield doesn't call her a pussy on The Five.
If there is one thing about a Kamala presidency that I am least worried about, it is her caving to right wing voices trying to get in her ear or up her ass. I am perfectly confident that Kamala Harris is going to be her own woman and do what she believes is right, irrespective of what people tell her she "must" do. I certainly hope she listens to her advisors, but that doesn't mean she needs to cave to them. I am looking forward to this.

Added:
Personally, the past 24-36 hours have eliminated all of the enthusiasm I had for this campaign over the past month.
Well, the past 24 to 36 hours have probably doubled my enthusiasm, so I guess we cancel each other out. Since we're both going to vote for her (I assume), I guess it doesn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. I would wager, however, that there are many more people that have been enthused by the last few days than depressed. All things considered, I thought it was a very good convention and almost the opposite of the Republican one. However, for me, they made one very big unforced error that was foolish and unnecessary, but sadly not a big surprise.

Last edited:

GetLeft

one very big unforced error
The not inviting Palestinians to speak thing? I don't get you all on this one. It's a political convention, not an debate on foreign policy. Especially in this instance when no one knows what KH's position is going to be. The DNC certainly was not the moment for KH to speak to the issue nor to let others speak to it for her. That moment will come. Once she gets JB to agree to toe the line.
Well, the past 24 to 36 hours have probably doubled my enthusiasm.
Me too. I'm bummed there's not a fifth night. It was good tv.

florduh

I thought it was a very good convention
Me too. I'm bummed there's not a fifth night. It was good tv.

This Bush Era war criminal agrees with you guys!

m225LDxlstxq.png

I thought the other nights were fine. But that final night was like a 90's Republican Convention. Extremely conservative (derogatory). Kamala's speech could've been given by Wesley Clark in 2004. It's like the last 20 years didn't happen.

Besides all the saber rattling, the Rightward turn on immigration over the past 4 years has been pretty frightening.

It's a political convention, not an debate on foreign policy.

There wasn't going to be a debate. A Palestinian-American State Representative from Georgia wanted to give a nice speech where she endorsed Kamala.

The DNC was very clear: we do not want to hear from any Palestinian Americans. Shut the fuck up while Joe slaughters your relatives and lies about it. Idiotic move, especially with colleges coming back into session.

Especially in this instance when no one knows what KH's position is going to be.

We didn't know before her speech. Now we do. She's spouting the same lies Joe does about the crimes against humanity they're facilitating. Incredibly disappointing.

Before last night, I felt bad for Kamala. Because Joe's the one who put this albatross around her neck. But she had an opportunity to at least lightly distance herself from her war criminal boss and chose not to.

In 100 years, nobody will remember Kamala's speech. But they'll probably have this clip from the DNC playing in the Palestinian Holocaust Museum:

SP2pXVvgARsw.png

CANtalk

florduh

GVsywz-a8AEfnsa

It would be nice if our "Left" political party could point out to voters that inviting refugees into America is so beneficial, it's basically an infinite money glitch.

kR7wEGKmErjw.png

The ROI on putting a migrant up in a hotel until they can get a job and on their feet is better than any tax cut in history. The only reason to be against accepting more migrants is if you hate brown people more than you like money :shrug:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is a very good interview of Letitia James from over the weekend by Jen Psaki. I do love this woman (both, but I refer to James) And I truly believe that when she is done being attorney general of New York, she should become the mayor of New York City.

cybrguy,

florduh

Albertsons and Kroger say they need to merge to compete with Walmart. Seems like more of an argument for the government to break up Walmart than an argument to allow another merger :shrug:

florduh

Kroger Co. hiked prices on milk and eggs more than needed to account for inflation, the company’s top pricing executive testified during a court hearing on the US government’s bid to block the grocery chain’s purchase of rival Albertsons Cos.

I Think You Should Leave Oh My God GIF by The Lonely Island

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Quien tiene juevos mas grandes

Judge threatens to shut down X in Brazil

A Brazil Supreme Court judge warned Elon Musk Wednesday that he would have X suspended in Latin America's largest nation if the billionaire didn't name a legal representative for the platform in the country within 24 hours.

Brazil judge blocks Starlink accounts as X suspension deadline looms

Brazilian Supreme Court judge Alexandre de Moraes on Thursday moved to block the financial accounts of billionaire Elon Musk's Starlink, as an ongoing feud leaves social media platform X on the brink of being taken down in the country.

Last edited:

CANtalk

WFP temporarily suspend staff movement across Gaza following a security incident that targeted WFP vehicle​

At least 7 middle and high school football players have died in August​

Johnson pulled strings to get Trump into Arlington — and now the scandal is spreading​

:peace: :leaf:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5 +

Wells Fargo Employee Died at Her Desk – Staff Didn’t Notice Until Four Days Later!​

TEMPE, Ariz. — There's an investigation underway in Tempe after a Wells Fargo employee died while on the job. A new timeline released by police suggests her body was there for four days before being discovered. LINK
fargo.png

florduh

This isn't the worst story from the last 11 months. After all, I've grown used to seeing the inside of toddlers' skulls at this point. But I found this pretty heartbreaking. Medo was an incredibly normal teenager. Pretty much everyone has a brother, cousin, or child like him.

Nice, decent kid with hopes and dreams. Snuffed out by American weapons, paid for by American taxpayers.

Top Bottom