Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

Radwin Bodnic

Whistleblowers allege widespread torture and rape is occurring at this prison camp.

Things got pretty nuts in the US after 9/11. But I don't remember American Hogs doing a January 6th to demand we execute the prisoners we were torturing at Abu Ghraib.

This is horrifying…
It may be pop psychology but it looks like a trauma is being reproduced…

florduh

It may be pop psychology but it looks like a trauma is being reproduced…

Maybe that's part of it. I think it's simply fascism in action. Liberals in America like to pretend Netanyahu is the problem. He's an "extremist". Couldn't be further from the truth. Bibi is a moderate. The people to his Right make Bibi look like Gandhi.

I don't know what their future holds but it doesn't look very bright right now.

I get a little nervous when I see a nuclear power becoming destabilized. Especially a nuclear power with a stated plan to do a murder-suicide pact and nuke the entire Middle East if they're pushed into a corner.

florduh

Seeing those CRT signs is sure taking me back. The new term is now DEI.

I like how Right Wingers blame things like the Boeing Saga on DEI. These people live in a world where the Reagan Revolution was successful. The only thing that matters is shareholder value. It's better for the shareholders for management to cut corners on safety, then pay occasional fines and settlements. So that's what they do.

Capitalism is perfect and beyond reproach. But the inevitable consequences of unchecked Capitalism results in bad things. So we need a scapegoat. It's those blacks and women and gays that are the problem.

florduh

Varden

My theory that the Trump shooter was a DeSantis supporter is looking pretty good right now. Rhonda was the candidate of choice for 20-something groypers who felt Trump wasn't Right Wing enough.
The shooter gab posting show he was a lefty. As expected. But we will agree to disagree too I guess.

florduh

The shooter gab posting show he was a lefty.

LOL, Gab is a Nazi website. "Leftys" don't use Gab.

fw08cCJFJwls.png

But we will agree to disagree too I guess.

The FBI says he was making antisemitic and anti-immigrant comments online (The Great Replacement Theory). He was a registered Republican. Several classmates mentioned Crooks being a Conservative. He had the School Shooter Phenotype. Everything about this kid screams Right Wing weirdo.

So, no. In this case I do not agree to disagree. You're engaging in what the kids these days would call "cope".

florduh

florduh

The largest fentanyl bust in history. And what do you know, it wasn't an "illegal". It was an American citizen driving a pickup truck.

If I was like our dumbest and most child-brained politicians, I'd be calling for a pogrom against citizens with pickup trucks. They're killing hundreds of thousands of Americans after all. A few of them, I assume, are good people. But we gotta do what we gotta do.

tumblr_mg57miuBzv1s2yegdo1_500.gif

florduh

Right Wing media in the UK spread a lie that a Muslim immigrant stabbed three girls at a concert, leading British Hogs to go on a violent rampage.

This is fucking horrible:

Notice, this Syrian immigrant immediately says "we don't think all British people are like the ones who just destroyed our livelihoods". Maybe there's a lesson in there for white British Hogs :shrug:

So, what are we gonna do about this as a society? Especially with all the AI crap that's coming out.

Right Wingers are some of the most gullible people on the planet. They also want to eliminate various social groups they personally find icky. When they hear fake news about one of those social groups, they act insane. And in this particular case, violently insane.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right Wingers are some of the most gullible people on the planet. They also want to eliminate various social groups they personally find icky. When they hear fake news about one of those social groups, they act insane. And in this particular case, violently insane.
Sad as it is, this is widely true. I suppose, on some level, it makes sense that the dumber you are, the more susceptible you are to this kind of right wing bullshit that is posted everywhere on the web these days. You can't avoid it. You just have to be smart and moral enough to ignore it. And huge segments of the population are neither. Most of the time, for me at least, I figure that much like responding to Trump, responding to them just gives them more platform space. So I tend to ignore them, but I would like to find some more effective way to respond.

cybrguy,
Reactions: cosimo

florduh

I disagree with potential VP candidate Josh Shapiro, who described the students protesting this US funded regime as "the modern KKK".

GUP-LQlaQAAnmMN

Link

florduh,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
His position on Israel is the one thing that should keep him from becoming VP. If the first job of a VP choice is to do no harm, clearly Shapiro's position on Israel has upset a lot of the Dem party's second biggest constituency. Walz and Kelly upset nearly nobody and would both make good VPs.
Honestly, my first choice would be Buttigeg, but he can't be the VP right now for the same reason.

florduh

His position on Israel is the one thing that should keep him from becoming VP.

I'm pretty sure their positions on Israel are identical. Walz just wasn't stupid enough to call student protestors the KKK. That's gonna alienate a lot of young people.

To me, there are bigger issues with Shapiro...

Honestly, just knowing Shawn Fein is against him should be enough. I've never seen that guy be wrong about anything.

When I hear a politician say, "I'm in favor of private schools." What I hear is, they're against teacher's unions. Shapiro also thinks the corporate tax rate is too low. Raising corporate taxes gets like 70% approval in polls.

If a guy like that gets put on the ticket, that'll tell me pretty much everything I need to know about a Kamala Harris Presidency. Especially given the alternative:

florduh,

sedentree

Right Wing media in the UK spread a lie that a Muslim immigrant stabbed three girls at a concert, leading British Hogs to go on a violent rampage.

This is fucking horrible:

Notice, this Syrian immigrant immediately says "we don't think all British people are like the ones who just destroyed our livelihoods". Maybe there's a lesson in there for white British Hogs :shrug:

So, what are we gonna do about this as a society? Especially with all the AI crap that's coming out.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

X sues major brands, ad industry group for antitrust

X on Tuesday filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against an advertising industry coalition and its members—including CVS Health, Mars, Orsted and Unileveralleging the group abused its influence over marketers and ad agencies to discriminate unfairly against X, prompting an ad boycott.

Why it matters: The lawsuit is part of a broader effort by conservative lawmakers and media companies to go after GARM, the Global Alliance for Responsible Media.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm new to my NYTimes subscription, so I can only hope this "gift link?" works for mere mortals. It is a really super intro to breaking and its history, with a lot of great photos.
Hip-Hop Arrives at the Paris Olympics With Breaking’s Debut https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...unlocked_article_code=1.A04.40LV.ze59xnHG5kj5
I've never really been in to break dancing, so I don't really understand it as well as I might, but I would think this is another one of those Olympic events that are very difficult to score. The more subjectivity there is in evaluation, the further, it seems to me, it would be from an Olympic sport.
There are other Olympic "sports" that have the same problem. I guess my perspective is just one view, but to me, you need objectivity to fairly evaluate someones performance relative to others.

And your gift link worked fine, by the way.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I've never really been in to break dancing, so I don't really understand it as well as I might, but I would think this is another one of those Olympic events that are very difficult to score. The more subjectivity there is in evaluation, the further, it seems to me, it would be from an Olympic sport.
There are other Olympic "sports" that have the same problem. I guess my perspective is just one view, but to me, you need objectivity to fairly evaluate someones performance.
I hope at the end of a match the announcer comes on and lists the losers and says, "You've been SERVED!"

Top Bottom