Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This really isn't the best place for contentious discussions... regardless of who's "right", they usually don't end well, which is never a good look for anyone. Might I suggest using the forum's direct messaging function, it actually works surprisingly well... ✌️

Looks like Ron isn't too interested in seasonal migration workers from New England, in particular:

Wonder when he'll have his wife sob for the cameras again to get votes....? Should be soon....

Last edited:

florduh

Important reminder: Cops are big fucking liars.

Cops have no problem lying under oath. It's so common they have a term for it: "testilying". So of course they lie to the news media. All the fucking time. Taking them at their word is very silly.

Though I'm sure the NYT went back to uncritically printing what the piggies have to say the very next day after they published this.

This Is Fine GIF

PhilosoStoner

Yeah, more "global warming" bs, right dipshit deniers...?:rolleyes::disgust: Already the hottest day ever recorded on earth... beating our old record from 2016:

I'm from England, and it seems like every summer a new record's broken. There's an issue I and others are starting to notice; because of how the weather typically is here houses were built to be very well insulated. But with the hugh temperatures in the warmer seasons it's now unbearable to be inside without air conditioning, which a fraction of homes here have.

florduh

Breaking news: nobody really knows the impact of CO2 on the climate

Why is Venus hotter than Mercury? It's farther from the Sun. Should be cooler, right? That's just good ol fashioned American common sense.

Venus's atmosphere is 96% Co2. So Co2 definitely impacts Venus's climate in a very specific way: it makes it hotter.

Though I suppose chemistry might work totally differently on earth than it does in the rest of the universe. Fingers crossed!

olysh pops

Almost all inventions and science were invented and developed by simple people: craftsmen (optics, spectacles), fishermen (cartography), cattle breeders (vaccines)...

florduh

Almost all inventions and science were invented and developed by simple people: craftsmen (optics, spectacles), fishermen (cartography), cattle breeders (vaccines)...

Reminds me of this quote:

670c5c7eb917284ad10313f1fc6ee4c1.jpg

Society if the quality of every child's education wasn't tied to the postal code of their parents:

future.jpg

olysh pops

Simple people?
Yes, english is not my first language, sometimes I get it wrong, "simple people" is an expression to describe ordinary people, not great scientists.
Making fire for example, was invented by ordinary people (by chance or not).

Edit : That doesn't take away from the talent, observation, patience, maturation and intergenerational transmission of knowledge it took these ordinary men and women to make these extraordinary discoveries. And chance.

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

Breaking news: nobody really knows the impact of CO2 on the climate
Total energy knew it since the early 70's.

This is the reference about carbon dioxide. (Durand-Dastès, 1971)

If you read the whole paper you will learn that all the major fossil fuel companies have lead a misinformation campaign since the 70's about the impact of their activities on climate change. This is why climate skeptic propaganda is still going strong nowadays. It is institutionalized.

The paper is about total but all the major fossil fuel companies had the information at the same time.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

fucreg123

So is CO2 concentration abnormally high in the North or south pole? No? But it's still affected by climate change?

What I think is that sure CO2 has some effects on climate but that the impact is absolutely exaggerated.

In the end who gonna be really penalized? Not the big companies but you in climate lockdown.

fucreg123,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yes, english is not my first language, sometimes I get it wrong, "simple people" is an expression to describe ordinary people, not great scientists.
Making fire for example, was invented by ordinary people (by chance or not).

Edit : That doesn't take away from the talent, observation, patience, maturation and intergenerational transmission of knowledge it took these ordinary men and women to make these extraordinary discoveries. And chance.
I understand what you mean. Yeah the edit was kind of where my thoughts went. Those Jamaicans sound like they were the masters of their field. It's such a corrupted way of humanity remembering things by thinking the privileged asshole stealing and profiting off such innovation gets to be the champion while the real people behind it get erased. And it kind of gets translated into idiom as well, as I do think simple doesn't do justice to people on top of their field (which is why I asked for you to clarify)

olysh pops

I understand what you mean. Yeah the edit was kind of where my thoughts went. Those Jamaicans sound like they were the masters of their field. It's such a corrupted way of humanity remembering things by thinking the privileged asshole stealing and profiting off such innovation gets to be the champion while the real people behind it get erased. And it kind of gets translated into idiom as well, as I do think simple doesn't do justice to people on top of their field (which is why I asked for you to clarify)

"Healers in many parts of Africa and Asia had been familiar with the technique of variolization or innoculation for centuries. The inventors of this smallpox prevention technique are anonymous, but the name of the African who introduced it to North America is known. The famous puritain preacher Cotton Mather learned the innoculation technique from Onésime, a slave of whom he was the owner (it is therefore a great injustice to the latter to entitle a book Cotton Mather: First Significant Figure in American Medicine)."

A People's History of Science, p116

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
So is CO2 concentration abnormally high in the North or south pole? No? But it's still affected by climate change?

What I think is that sure CO2 has some effects on climate but that the impact is absolutely exaggerated.

In the end who gonna be really penalized? Not the big companies but you in climate lockdown.
Thats fascinating. You gotta post the link to the research on that!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ah well, you can lead a horse to water...

A note to science believers: there is no point discussing this with science deniers. Whose mind is really gonna change over some (usually broken language) text on a weed forum?

Same thing goes for you science deniers :razz:

There will be no winners here. But have fun trying...:dog:

:popcorn:

PhilosoStoner

No one really knows the effect of gravity on the planet tbh

Sure, there have been numerous studies conducted over many decades, both on Earth and in space. Sure, there are countless people working on this that are very qualified and knowledgeable. But I at least think that the claims those scientists made have been greatly exaggerated
:dog:

There'll be no winners here. But have fun trying...

But that's very true

PhilosoStoner,

Knewt

Total energy knew it since the early 70's.

This is the reference about carbon dioxide. (Durand-Dastès, 1971)

If you read the whole paper you will learn that all the major fossil fuel companies have lead a misinformation campaign since the 70's about the impact of their activities on climate change. This is why climate skeptic propaganda is still going strong nowadays. It is institutionalized.

The paper is about total but all the major fossil fuel companies had the information at the same time.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
No one really knows the effect of gravity on the planet tbh

Sure, there have been numerous studies conducted over many decades, both on Earth and in space. Sure, there are countless people working on this that are very qualified and knowledgeable. But I at least think that the claims those scientists made have been greatly exaggerated
One fine day, apples will fall up and everyone will realize you saw through the bullshit!

PhilosoStoner

Ah well, you can lead a horse to water...

A note to science believers: there is no point discussing this with science deniers. Whose mind is really gonna change over some (usually broken language) text on a weed forum?

Same thing goes for you science deniers :razz:

There will be no winners here. But have fun trying...:dog:

One fine day, apples will fall up and everyone will realize you saw through the bullshit!
The Nobel Peace prize is coming my way!

Top Bottom