Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Obviously cops lie and they routinely lie about drug seizures but 209 GRAMS of LSD is quite a whopper. Considering that 1gram is like 10,000 doses.

Even if they were weighing the paper, I don't buy it.

I will leave off the joke about seeing the Dead sober.

EarthworldTim

The anchor thing is a bummer. Sapporo made some boneheaded decisions when they got control. Hope it gets purchased and restored to its former glory starting with rolling back all the stupid craft beer schtick that was absolutely not in the spirit of the Anchor Steam brand.

florduh

Obviously, fuck Meatball Rob. But his opponent here is a real piece of shit too:

You have to have brain worms to believe that Bob Iger is doing $70,000 worth of work every day. Or adding $70,000 worth of "value" per day to Disney.

Give me a fucking break. His days involve getting chauffeured to meetings and comped $1,000 meals. He creates, literally nothing.

No CEO should make a cent more than $500k per year. And even that might be too generous. Especially given what these ghouls want to do with AI technology.

I got news for you. We could've replaced Iger's job with "AI" 20 years ago. Simply create a little program that keeps saying:

Cut labor costs

Find new ways to nickel and dime customers

Use the savings to buy out competitors

Not that hard.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
macbill,
Reactions: florduh

EarthworldTim

At least the Pigs In Massachusetts don't do that... you couldn't pay me enough to live in that freak show state.
I think you underestimate the size and population of California. For example Orange County in socal is known as the Florida of the state. To the north in Redding and east in the sierra there's a large "state of Jefferson" contingent who wants to secede from the state, possibly the country. We have every flavor here, for the better and worse. When you move away from the large metro areas it can get more conservative than some red states.

Edit to add
Say what you will about Gov Bruce Wayne(Newsom, all Bruce no bat), but I imagine he's heard about this and is furious. He's gone out of his way to try to make this a safe sanctuary state.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Not Nice. Warning point issued.
Sacramento is very conservative and of course police are going to always choose to act fascist as soon as the can.
Oh well, I guess then, huh... apologist much?

I think you underestimate the size and population of California. For example Orange County in socal is known as the Florida of the state. To the north in Redding and east in the sierra there's a large "state of Jefferson" contingent who wants to secede from the state, possibly the country. We have every flavor here, for the better and worse. When you move away from the large metro areas it can get more conservative than some red states.

Edit to add
Say what you will about Gov Bruce Wayne(Newsom, all Bruce no bat), but I imagine he's heard about this and is furious. He's gone out of his way to try to make this a safe sanctuary state.

Thanks for all the unnecessary info.. but you nothing about what I "estimate." Zero.

Last edited:
Bologna,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Oh well, I guess then, huh... apologist much?
You think I am for this policy?

I believe that there is no sensible reason to:
  1. Have police at all
  2. The state to collect this information
  3. This information to be shared with anyone
I don't understand your hostility? You say very inflammatory things like "freak show state" and then you escalate from there. I think I have been nothing but courteous to you and I think you should extend me the same.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
You think I am for this policy?

I believe that there is no sensible reason to:
  1. Have police at all
  2. The state to collect this information
  3. This information to be shared with anyone
I don't understand your hostility? You say very inflammatory things like "freak show state" and then you escalate from there. I think I have been nothing but courteous to you and I think you should extend me the same.
Apparently you have a problem following along... and I I'm not gonna bother holding your hand. Toodles.

Bologna,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Apparently you have a problem following along... and I I'm not gonna bother holding your hand. Toodles.
I read what you said as the police in your state are great and never break the law. Then you went on to be insulting in both tone and content.

Again I don't think there is any reason to be this hostile including "holding your hand" and "toodles". I have no done anything to harm you as far as I can tell?

Perhaps you need to work on your written communication more?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I read what you said as the police in your state are great and never break the law. Then you went on to be insulting in both tone and content.

Again I don't think there is any reason to be this hostile including "holding your hand" and "toodles". I have no done anything to harm you as far as I can tell?

Perhaps you need to work on your written communication more?
Perhaps you should mind your own business for a change? I know that may sound daunting, but I bet if you really tried you could probably do it.... I have faith in you!

fucreg123

angry-kid-ice-cream.gif

florduh

Obviously, fuck Meatball Rob. But his opponent here is a real piece of shit too:

You have to have brain worms to believe that Bob Iger is doing $70,000 worth of work every day. Or adding $70,000 worth of "value" per day to Disney.

Give me a fucking break. His days involve getting chauffeured to meetings and comped $1,000 meals. He creates, literally nothing.

No CEO should make a cent more than $500k per year. And even that might be too generous. Especially given what these ghouls want to do with AI technology.

I got news for you. We could've replaced Iger's job with "AI" 20 years ago. Simply create a little program that keeps saying:

Cut labor costs

Find new ways to nickel and dime customers

Use the savings to buy out competitors

Not that hard.

An unnamed Studio Executive apparently said their plan to break the writer's strike is to refuse to negotiate until the Fall, when many writers will start losing their apartments and houses. TV's Ron Perlman did not take kindly to this:

I've been wondering which one of these motherfuckers was hoping that working people start losing their houses. My money was on David Zaslav. But I think Ron here just let slip that it was Bobby Iger. He's the one who currently makes 27 million per year.

Edit: I keep thinking about "....there are lots of ways to lose a house..." goddamn does that line go hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom