Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

HumbleLivings

This is almost exactly what happened to my first Inductor power supply.........in my case the voltage display failed after just a few uses not out of the box like yours. Camouflet sorted it out quickly by sending out another power supply and then I returned the bad unit back to them after I got the replacement.
Ahh thats cool man, I am hoping they do the same with mine, I am still excited about the Camo Inductor, just a bit disapointed that it did not work
right out the box, but I would be ok if they send me a new working replacement and then I can send this one back, (so I can still use this one in the meantime) 🙂
it seems to work ok, just cant see voltage, hey thanks for letting me know your experience, feel much better knowing
Camouflet takes care of these things in a fair way! I am sure they will do the same with ours, Cheers @Smknbud ✌️

Is the First Line 22V then next line is 23V?
trying to figure this out, I have not used it at all just tested to see if it heats up (waiting for the ok from Camouflet before I start using it)

when you say Camouflet sent you out another power supply
you mean they sent you the entire Bamboo Box ?

Smknbud

Ahh thats cool man, I am hoping they do the same with mine, I am still excited about the Camo Inductor, just a bit disapointed that it did not work
right out the box, but I would be ok if they send me a new working replacement and then I can send this one back, (so I can still use this one in the meantime) 🙂
it seems to work ok, just cant see voltage, hey thanks for letting me know your experience, feel much better knowing
Camouflet takes care of these things in a fair way! I am sure they will do the same with ours, Cheers @Smknbud ✌️

Is the First Line 22V then next line is 23V?
trying to figure this out, I have not used it at all just tested to see if it heats up (waiting for the ok from Camouflet before I start using it)

when you say Camouflet sent you out another power supply
you mean they sent you the entire Bamboo Box ?

1st line/mark 20.3, then 21.3, 22.5, 23.7, 25.3, 27.3, 27.9....slight + or minus on fractional voltage of course.

And yes, they sent the entire box....power supply unit.

HumbleLivings

1st line/mark 20.3, then 21.3, 22.5, 23.7, 25.3, 27.3, 27.9....slight + or minus on fractional voltage of course.

And yes, they sent the entire box....power supply unit.
hey this is super helpful SmkNBud! !
appreciate the feedback man✌️

how are you liking it so far, any other issues?

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Camouflet

HumbleLivings

So far so good. It's crazy powerful... you're really going to enjoy it. You may as well use it while you wait for the swap out....no reason not to since its just the display gone dead.
yeah I think you are right man, after finding out you had same issue and that you were able to use your Inductor until you got your replacement,
It should be ok for me to use it also, I just printed an Inductor Settings page to help out
thanks for your help man! ✌️

So Camouflet contacted me a few minutes ago and they are taking care of the issue sending us a replacement
so far its been good service from them, grateful for the good service Kudos to them! ✌️
Now I start testing! 😎

Last edited:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I just received my Camouflet Inductor, and I am pretty disapointed,
I remember T&J and sneaky pete said make sure all cables are properly connected before you turn on
so i made sure that I did that, and when I turned on the power, The F Core button light turned on
but the Main Voltage Screen never turned on at all, and I am just wondering how this can get passed QC?
We QC all our products at the warehouse. The Bamboo Power Supply display was most likely disconnected during shipping to it's final destination. Remember the opening scene in Ace Ventura? Somehow shipments from halfway across the world arrive unscathed and when shipping within the continental US we encounter issues like this. C'est la vie.
I'll keep you all posted on the response from @Camouflet I have emailed this to them, to make sure I go through the proper channels. ✌️
Yes, it is best to email us directly as we only handle customer service inquiries via email. Please email us at the following address if you need any assistance. contact@camouflet.com

This will get a prompt reply and allows us to keep things organized, ie order information etc.

Last edited:
Camouflet,

HumbleLivings

We QC all our products at the warehouse. The Bamboo Power Supply display was most likely disconnected during shipping to it's final destination. Remember the opening scene in Ace Ventura? Somehow shipments from halfway across the world arrive unscathed and when shipping within the continental US we encounter issues like this. C'est la vie.
yeah our couriers are not know for being careful with our packages, thats a well known fact, like you said thats life, very true lol
thanks for taking care of this
Yes, it is best to email us directly as we only handle customer service inquiries via email. Please email us at the following address if you need any assistance. contact@camouflet.com

This will get a prompt reply and allows us to keep things organized, ie order information etc.
Yes absolutely, I made sure to email you guys first so all is in the proper channel,
then I came and posted here to see if anyone has had the same problem before, and someone had this same issue and you guys took care of them also, just as you took good care of us,

and its just helpful for all of us to share our experiences the good and the bad, which helps make good products and services even better.
these forums are what helped me (and I am sure others) make better buying decisions, I saw some issues with the products which is expected of course, but what stood out for me is that you guys took care of all the issues, thats why we come here and share each others experience its a win win for all.

Thank you very much for very good and fast service,
we pray continued success for you and Camouflet! ✌️

Last edited:

someTooL

Hate to report that I’ve had two lighter head failures now. Beta is still running strong.

First v2 lighter head was hot at the lighter head plug from day 1. It worked great but finally quit working and was replaced when my retail Inductor arrived last week.

The second failure happened yesterday morning. The fcore rod shattered at the end. Heard a pop then pieces started falling. Sent an email to report.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hate to report that I’ve had two lighter head failures now. Beta is still running strong.

First v2 lighter head was hot at the lighter head plug from day 1. It worked great but finally quit working and was replaced when my retail Inductor arrived last week.

The second failure happened yesterday morning. The fcore rod shattered at the end. Heard a pop then pieces started falling. Sent an email to report.

Yes, we have seen this on some units in the field. Our internal testing never ran into this issue but it appears there is some variance in the manufacturing process of the F-Core --- which leads to some cores being susceptible to cracking at the top.

The good news is that the Lighter Head will still work fine like that and it's mostly a cosmetic issue, so please continue to use it. The other good news is we are putting together an F-Core replacement kit so you won't have to do the whole send it back and forth hassle to get it repaired. Of course, we will still offer service to those who would rather send it in.

Thanks for the feedback!

NorthernHigh420

Yes, we have seen this on some units in the field. Our internal testing never ran into this issue but it appears there is some variance in the manufacturing process of the F-Core --- which leads to some cores being susceptible to cracking at the top.

The good news is that the Lighter Head will still work fine like that and it's mostly a cosmetic issue, so please continue to use it. The other good news is we are putting together an F-Core replacement kit so you won't have to do the whole send it back and forth hassle to get it repaired. Of course, we will still offer service to those who would rather send it in.

Thanks for the feedback!
That sounds like a good solution to me cut down on down time by changing it yourself. Been really happy with your customer service :)

someTooL

Repair kit received and very simple install. Overnight process for set time, but now working. Thanks @Camouflet !

Can you tell which one was repaired?

Mndeadhead

had an issue pop up last night, would love to know if any Inductor owners have seen it happen. I was heating my XL last night, and all of the sudden the light went out on the heater unit. when I look at the display on the box, it just get three blinking horizontal lines. turned it off, left it unplugged, checked this morning, and still have the same issue. I have an email into Camouflet, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this

coolbreeze

had an issue pop up last night, would love to know if any Inductor owners have seen it happen. I was heating my XL last night, and all of the sudden the light went out on the heater unit. when I look at the display on the box, it just get three blinking horizontal lines. turned it off, left it unplugged, checked this morning, and still have the same issue. I have an email into Camouflet, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this
I've had it happen, CS will take care of you.

Mndeadhead

cool. my assumption is that the actual heater crapped out on me because when I unplug the cable, the box powers on and shows the voltage (or whatever the output is). I still have my old cable (this is a beta unit), and swapped that out, and had the same issue. Appreciate the response @coolbreeze

coolbreeze

cool. my assumption is that the actual heater crapped out on me because when I unplug the cable, the box powers on and shows the voltage (or whatever the output is). I still have my old cable (this is a beta unit), and swapped that out, and had the same issue. Appreciate the response @coolbreeze
Do you still have the OG head? I just got that one out until the new one landed.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: sansei

Mndeadhead

yep, did the same last night. pulled out the OG one and back in business we are.

Edit: I would like to add that once again Camouflet was quick on the response, as well as the resolution. Still have nothing but positive things to say about these folks. As once said by the renowned scholar John Bender, the world is an imperfect place, screws fall out all the time.

LordKahel

I received my Inductor today but my Anvil with Thermocore is combusting if i heat to click . I am heating at the center thinker part . Tried both 26 and 27.8 . 27.8 is a little better but still combusted.
Anyone got tip and tricks to avoid this with the Anvil Thermocore ?
Thanks

coolbreeze

I received my Inductor today but my Anvil with Thermocore is combusting if i heat to click . I am heating at the center thinker part . Tried both 26 and 27.8 . 27.8 is a little better but still combusted.
Thanks
I'd be interested to know myself. With a torch I have no problem. With the Inductor, it's 50/50 on crossing the line. I've noticed it happens later in the hit for me, usually. My theory is that the Inductor heats it so fast the clickers can't keep up somehow and so you actually store more energy than intended which is then released over the extended hit, past the point where the herbs are desiccated enough to ignite.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I finally decided to choose the banger to go with the inductor I won in the giveaway, they seemed very patient with me as I took so long to decide, now just waiting to hear back again (they might be busy with summer?)

someTooL

Thanks
24.4 remove at first click. Don’t baby it, pull hard (not crazy) for a one and done.

Very rare combustion, but normally find that either anvil needs cleaned (blocked air path) or at the end of a hit and stop my pull strength when it happens.

LordKahel

I am getting good results on the Anvil by heating the Top ring near the cap at max power. Just going a little after the second click while give a very dark roast, stopping at the first click give a lighter roast. I have a slow draw speed so this is the best for me.

I am really enjoying the inductor. I am looking at the Zooter now but i don't see many videos of it on youtube. And VapeNorth.ca does not carry it so it more expensive to order it from USA. I am wondering how smooth the hits on it are.

fropones

I am looking at the Zooter now but i don't see many videos of it on youtube. And VapeNorth.ca does not carry it so it more expensive to order it from USA. I am wondering how smooth the hits on it are.
I love the zooter, the flavor is top notch and the cleaning is super simple. You mention you have slow draw speed, which I think is important for the zooter lest you pull the oil through. My only real complaint with it is the quality of the glass - the first one I got arrived broken, and the replacement cracked within a month or so of use. The crack in the second glass is minor, though, and it's still usable except the silicone cap won't sit on it anymore.

Top Bottom