Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The part that is disappointing is they aren't offering a replacement part and having me ship mine back in, they are requiring that I send in my broken Lighter Head first and they will refurbish the unit and send it back after repaired.
Wait. They sent you a broken unit and they are only going to repair it, not replace it? That's pretty shitty.
When asked what would happen if the device shorted out again after the 30 day Warranty they said "If used properly and adhering to usage instructions, the Lighter Head will function fine for a longtime."
I suppose that is the honest answer, but it sucks to know that you are on your own after 30 days, officially. Given the many problems during the extended beta, I would hope they would have worked out the QC issues. Sounds like not enough that they are comfortable to actually stand behind shipped products.

jkeyes98

Wait. They sent you a broken unit and they are only going to repair it, not replace it? That's pretty shitty.

I suppose that is the honest answer, but it sucks to know that you are on your own after 30 days, officially. Given the many problems during the extended beta, I would hope they would have worked out the QC issues. Sounds like not enough that they are comfortable to actually stand behind shipped products.
That is my understanding. Hence why I'm frustrated.

Yeah, agreed, especially because units have failed while being used properly outside the 30 day policy its concerning. Quite unfortunate that they are reluctant to replace a device that was either assembled improperly or failed during shipping.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Has anyone tested this with the tempest of the one of the thermal accumulators?

Sour Dream,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to all our fellow Canadians!

We've been emailing with @jkeyes98 since their post on Friday to clarify the situation after some initial miscommunication and misunderstanding.

We always do our best to reply to customer service emails as soon as possible. Sometimes it will take us longer than usual but don't worry, we will always get back to you.

Wait. They sent you a broken unit
No, we did not send a broken unit. It was most likely damaged during transport.

and they are only going to repair it, not replace it?
As mentioned above, this was a miscommunication that was addressed privately via email after the initial post was shared hastily. Thanks for your concern.

I suppose that is the honest answer, but it sucks to know that you are on your own after 30 days, officially.
Our customers are never "on their own". If customers have any issues beyond the 30 day period they can email us and discuss the situation. Customer service is a top priority for us at Camouflet and we're always here to help.

I'm surprised to hear that. I'd felt they Camoflet had shown excellent customer service in my experience.
Thanks for sharing your kind words and support!

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I have received my Camouflet Inductor and am testing different heating times for various caps:
-Anvil: 22.8 volts / 20 seconds;
-Tempest: 23 volts / 20 seconds;
-Tornado: 21 volts / 15 seconds;
-Convector XL: 25 volts /6 seconds.
The good quality video is on my chanel:
Awesome video showing the varying heating times of the different battery free devices with the Inductor. Thanks for sharing!

Here we can see an excellent visual representation of the benefits of the Convector XL's low thermal mass heater plate design and properties. The Convector XL is a unique and high performance device designed to mimic the ritual of lighting and consuming a joint. Especially when paired with the Inductor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom