Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

HumbleLivings

This is almost exactly what happened to my first Inductor power supply.........in my case the voltage display failed after just a few uses not out of the box like yours. Camouflet sorted it out quickly by sending out another power supply and then I returned the bad unit back to them after I got the replacement.
Ahh thats cool man, I am hoping they do the same with mine, I am still excited about the Camo Inductor, just a bit disapointed that it did not work
right out the box, but I would be ok if they send me a new working replacement and then I can send this one back, (so I can still use this one in the meantime) 🙂
it seems to work ok, just cant see voltage, hey thanks for letting me know your experience, feel much better knowing
Camouflet takes care of these things in a fair way! I am sure they will do the same with ours, Cheers @Smknbud ✌️

Is the First Line 22V then next line is 23V?
trying to figure this out, I have not used it at all just tested to see if it heats up (waiting for the ok from Camouflet before I start using it)

when you say Camouflet sent you out another power supply
you mean they sent you the entire Bamboo Box ?

Smknbud

Ahh thats cool man, I am hoping they do the same with mine, I am still excited about the Camo Inductor, just a bit disapointed that it did not work
right out the box, but I would be ok if they send me a new working replacement and then I can send this one back, (so I can still use this one in the meantime) 🙂
it seems to work ok, just cant see voltage, hey thanks for letting me know your experience, feel much better knowing
Camouflet takes care of these things in a fair way! I am sure they will do the same with ours, Cheers @Smknbud ✌️

Is the First Line 22V then next line is 23V?
trying to figure this out, I have not used it at all just tested to see if it heats up (waiting for the ok from Camouflet before I start using it)

when you say Camouflet sent you out another power supply
you mean they sent you the entire Bamboo Box ?

1st line/mark 20.3, then 21.3, 22.5, 23.7, 25.3, 27.3, 27.9....slight + or minus on fractional voltage of course.

And yes, they sent the entire box....power supply unit.

HumbleLivings

1st line/mark 20.3, then 21.3, 22.5, 23.7, 25.3, 27.3, 27.9....slight + or minus on fractional voltage of course.

And yes, they sent the entire box....power supply unit.
hey this is super helpful SmkNBud! !
appreciate the feedback man✌️

how are you liking it so far, any other issues?

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Camouflet

HumbleLivings

So far so good. It's crazy powerful... you're really going to enjoy it. You may as well use it while you wait for the swap out....no reason not to since its just the display gone dead.
yeah I think you are right man, after finding out you had same issue and that you were able to use your Inductor until you got your replacement,
It should be ok for me to use it also, I just printed an Inductor Settings page to help out
thanks for your help man! ✌️

So Camouflet contacted me a few minutes ago and they are taking care of the issue sending us a replacement
so far its been good service from them, grateful for the good service Kudos to them! ✌️
Now I start testing! 😎

Last edited:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I just received my Camouflet Inductor, and I am pretty disapointed,
I remember T&J and sneaky pete said make sure all cables are properly connected before you turn on
so i made sure that I did that, and when I turned on the power, The F Core button light turned on
but the Main Voltage Screen never turned on at all, and I am just wondering how this can get passed QC?
We QC all our products at the warehouse. The Bamboo Power Supply display was most likely disconnected during shipping to it's final destination. Remember the opening scene in Ace Ventura? Somehow shipments from halfway across the world arrive unscathed and when shipping within the continental US we encounter issues like this. C'est la vie.
I'll keep you all posted on the response from @Camouflet I have emailed this to them, to make sure I go through the proper channels. ✌️
Yes, it is best to email us directly as we only handle customer service inquiries via email. Please email us at the following address if you need any assistance. contact@camouflet.com

This will get a prompt reply and allows us to keep things organized, ie order information etc.

Last edited:
Camouflet,

HumbleLivings

We QC all our products at the warehouse. The Bamboo Power Supply display was most likely disconnected during shipping to it's final destination. Remember the opening scene in Ace Ventura? Somehow shipments from halfway across the world arrive unscathed and when shipping within the continental US we encounter issues like this. C'est la vie.
yeah our couriers are not know for being careful with our packages, thats a well known fact, like you said thats life, very true lol
thanks for taking care of this
Yes, it is best to email us directly as we only handle customer service inquiries via email. Please email us at the following address if you need any assistance. contact@camouflet.com

This will get a prompt reply and allows us to keep things organized, ie order information etc.
Yes absolutely, I made sure to email you guys first so all is in the proper channel,
then I came and posted here to see if anyone has had the same problem before, and someone had this same issue and you guys took care of them also, just as you took good care of us,

and its just helpful for all of us to share our experiences the good and the bad, which helps make good products and services even better.
these forums are what helped me (and I am sure others) make better buying decisions, I saw some issues with the products which is expected of course, but what stood out for me is that you guys took care of all the issues, thats why we come here and share each others experience its a win win for all.

Thank you very much for very good and fast service,
we pray continued success for you and Camouflet! ✌️

Last edited:

someTooL

Hate to report that I’ve had two lighter head failures now. Beta is still running strong.

First v2 lighter head was hot at the lighter head plug from day 1. It worked great but finally quit working and was replaced when my retail Inductor arrived last week.

The second failure happened yesterday morning. The fcore rod shattered at the end. Heard a pop then pieces started falling. Sent an email to report.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hate to report that I’ve had two lighter head failures now. Beta is still running strong.

First v2 lighter head was hot at the lighter head plug from day 1. It worked great but finally quit working and was replaced when my retail Inductor arrived last week.

The second failure happened yesterday morning. The fcore rod shattered at the end. Heard a pop then pieces started falling. Sent an email to report.

Yes, we have seen this on some units in the field. Our internal testing never ran into this issue but it appears there is some variance in the manufacturing process of the F-Core --- which leads to some cores being susceptible to cracking at the top.

The good news is that the Lighter Head will still work fine like that and it's mostly a cosmetic issue, so please continue to use it. The other good news is we are putting together an F-Core replacement kit so you won't have to do the whole send it back and forth hassle to get it repaired. Of course, we will still offer service to those who would rather send it in.

Thanks for the feedback!

NorthernHigh420

Yes, we have seen this on some units in the field. Our internal testing never ran into this issue but it appears there is some variance in the manufacturing process of the F-Core --- which leads to some cores being susceptible to cracking at the top.

The good news is that the Lighter Head will still work fine like that and it's mostly a cosmetic issue, so please continue to use it. The other good news is we are putting together an F-Core replacement kit so you won't have to do the whole send it back and forth hassle to get it repaired. Of course, we will still offer service to those who would rather send it in.

Thanks for the feedback!
That sounds like a good solution to me cut down on down time by changing it yourself. Been really happy with your customer service :)

someTooL

Repair kit received and very simple install. Overnight process for set time, but now working. Thanks @Camouflet !

Can you tell which one was repaired?

Top Bottom