Inductor - Desktop Induction Heater by Camouflet

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
No good with vapman, to far from center, takes too long to heat...

Last edited:
No good with vapman, to far from center, takes too long to heat...
Wow! Seems like heating the very top of the TA is the way to go. I will have to try that next. What’s the voltage set at there?

This is amazing - the more I use it the more I realize that this is a game changer!!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Wow! Seems like heating the very top of the TA is the way to go. I will have to try that next. What’s the voltage set at there?

This is amazing - the more I use it the more I realize that this is a game changer!!
25 on the dial:tup:takes a min to get the glass balls up to temp but it'll Cherry the tip!:nod:
Edit:
Well my heater makes a high pitch screaming sound now and gets hot without pressing the button. Very hot. I'll try again in a few to see if it resets or something. :tup: it doesn't heat though now:bang:

Last edited:

SpacelyJetson

Concerning.
Yeah after it gets to a certain temp. The button and the upper part of the handheld heating unit near the cooling fins will stay HOT. And you can feel some of that residual heat in the button. It doesn't cool down quickly enough if you leave it on. You have to turn it off for it to really cool IMO

Again tho..I don't really run into this issue using the convector

Timoneer

Yeah after it gets to a certain temp. The button and the upper part of the handheld heating unit near the cooling fins will stay HOT. And you can feel some of that residual heat in the button. It doesn't cool down quickly enough if you leave it on. You have to turn it off for it to really cool IMO

Again tho..I don't really run into this issue using the convector
Custom Flower Hardware has been using the Inductor for about 8 days, and it's already failed.

That's a bummer.

Timoneer,

seriousTone

Received my Inductor yesterday afternoon. WOW this thing oozes high quality construction, everything from the wires to the box, looks so good.

And it absolutely ROCKS, highest I've used it at is only 21.5 from a low of 20 and it takes about 3 seconds to heat the convector tip to glowing orange.

25 on the dial:tup:takes a min to get the glass balls up to temp but it'll Cherry the tip!:nod:
Edit:
Well my heater makes a high pitch screaming sound now and gets hot without pressing the button. Very hot. I'll try again in a few to see if it resets or something. :tup: it doesn't heat though now:bang:
How did you make out with this? Is it fried, or just needed to cool down?

I am keeping mine down at 20 and having a blast with this using vapcaps and convector- so good.

But, I am very afraid to turn it up at all…

Gdash

I tried my Anvil on max settings which worked great, but I noticed that after about 45 mins of leaving it on without use caused it to get way too hot to the touch like others are experiencing.

I Previously only used it with my vapcaps with no issues. Seems turning it off after using it on high is going to be necessary for now.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
How did you make out with this? Is it fried, or just needed to cool down?

I am keeping mine down at 20 and having a blast with this using vapcaps and convector- so good.

But, I am very afraid to turn it up at all…
Their team has already sent another unit and return label. :nod: Customer Service is top tier.:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I've got to say though, the convector itself still runs into the same problem; the top 1/3-1/2 of the load gets very dark brown but the rest of the bowl ready for a couple more hits.
Load it just a hair less and tamp it down ever so slightly to move it back from the lid a tad. I've been even extraction from there.:tup:

Mndeadhead

Received mine yesterday and had the evening to play with it. I was bumping my anvil a little bit at a time. Last night i finished on 24.5. it gave the anvil a nice dark roast, but not black. I am deliberately staying away from RTL....i can't get my air flow correct and end up combusting. I have tried it with an armored cap on a Dyna as well, and find it enjoyable. Tonight the Dani Fusion joins the party. Love the customization of the hits. its big, but I have found that the cord is long enough to put the big box under the table, and I am using a smart switch to easily turn it off between hits. As long as I turn it off when not using, as the directions recommend, I had no issues with it getting hot.

Sass Jeeves

Was initially interested in the Inductor for the Dani Fusion, as it's my favorite vape but does not play nice with IH. Got mine Saturday and having a blast with it.

Been experimenting with different voltages for different devices, think the key is to basically try and replicate how you'd normally heat a vapcap, Dani, Convector, etc., just on fast forward lol

E.g., on a dyna, around 20-22v and spinning/sliding a bit works great, kind of like moving it up and down slightly in a Wand.

Absolutely love it for the Fusion! Using 23-25v, starting below the bottom silver ring, then just spin and move it around on the f-core for a bit until the click. Haven't combusted yet.

Haven't figured the Convector out quite yet and still combusting occasionally, but the tips in this thread have been a lot of help. Just a learning curve like anything else.

Constructive Criticism-wise: the module and button can definitely heat up fast and stay that way, especially if you use it a few times at higher voltage. Turning it off between uses is the way to go, and I've been setting it on a slate coaster to help dissipate some heat as well.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I have been using for about a week now. I cut a small piece of high temp silicon and superglued to the button. Now maybe my thumb won’t combust. It is tolerable now. I run it at max for the Convector and top gets red hot in 2 to 3 seconds. For the Anvil I have ended up at 22 and heating the middle of the oven. 17 To 20 seconds and it’s a great hit. I tried the Anvil at max and had some char and overroasted taste. Now I stop heating at the first click and the second click comes about 2 seconds later. Next up will be the Fusion. The cord to the head is very heavy duty and stiff. I hope it loosens up some after more use👍😎

Wiggle

A lot of people with the Inductors have been saying the move is to turn it off directly after use and then turn it on whenever you plan to heat up your device again.

Is this part of the product design? From my understanding the longevity of these type of devices is increased by reducing the amount of times you turn them off and on. Is this true for this device? Is it a workaround that consumers are popularizing as they already have the device and are making due with it as they can, or is this part of the final design post Beta, when the Inductor has it's full launch? Will this heating situation be altered upon the full product launch or is this just how the Inductor will be for the foreseeable future?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Manufacturer has been non existent on here the past two months. Would really be helpful and useful to clear some of this up

Sour Dream,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

Great to see all the Inductor Beta units out in the wild! Feel free to share more of your pictures and usage videos. We love to see the Inductor in action!

A gentle reminder, this is the Beta version of the Inductor. Implying that it will still see some revisions on the fly to make sure the unit is functioning optimally and also some future aesthetics and other minor changes before it takes its final form for the first mass production run.

The Inductor lighter head does have a built-in thermal protection switch but it is still important to be conscientious about the coil heat. It is best to avoid tripping the thermal protection switch, so it's advised to stop usage before it trips. The inductor is the most efficient when used for the shortest amount of time to get the desired heating of the target. This might mean a higher voltage setting for 2-3 seconds rather than a lower one for 5-6 seconds. This will reduce thermal stress.

To generate the induction field a large amount of current is driven through a coil. The coil has resistance and therefore generates heat itself which does not aid in the heating performance of your target. Let's say the coil generates 2 units of heat inside itself from 2 units of power. Whenever the button is depressed it will be self-heating with these 2 units, regardless of what is in the field or even if nothing is in the field. Now let's say you place the Convector in the field. Because the convector is designed with materials that will interact strongly with the field let's say it will draw 8 units of power. This higher power draw lets it heat up quickly and reduces the amount of time you need the Inductor on. In total, you have your 2 units in the coil and 8 units in your target.

Now let's look at the example where we heat a larger non-ferrous target. We will still be generating those 2 units of coil heat but now our target can only draw 4 units of power because it is suboptimal for induction heating. It still works but not only is it larger mass but it cannot draw as much power from the Inductor. The total power draw is your 2 coil units + your 4 target units. This leaves you heating the target longer (draws less and is a bigger mass) but still always dissipating that 2 units of heat in the coil. So, it is double the trouble because you're drawing less power to heat a larger part.

Thinner (less than .6mm thick) non-ferrous objects will still interact well with the field. Here is a short list of some metals:

Ferrous:
Most Steel
400 Series Stainless Steel
Iron

Non-Ferrous (a magnet will not stick to, or only weakly):
Most Stainless Steel
Copper
Titanium

Couple quick tips (some reduncy to encourage good usage habits and avoid user errors)
- The Inductor is most powerful from cold start. It is best to put the F-core directly against the item you're heating first while cold and then press the lighter head button.
- Heating large non-ferrous devices/accessories is not recommended.
- Use higher voltage settings. We want to heat the device as fast as possible and minimize coil heat/stress.
- The Inductor is designed to be used as an on demand heater and does not require any "warm up" time.
- Turning the power supply off and on is not going to hurt it. It is also fine to leave it on when you are using it, but is best stored off.
- Do not press the lighter head button when no device or accessory is present, that is just wasteful.
- Do not try to heat devices/accessories at a distance. We want the item touching or very close the F-core BEFORE the fire button is pressed.
- If your lighter head does get too hot in any area, housing or fire button, or you trip the overheat switch, stop heating immediately and turn the Inductor power supply off. Make sure to let all the components cool down to room temperature before next use.
- Adhering to all the above will avoid overheating the lighter head coil.

Below is the information sheet included with every Inductor Beta kit. Please make sure to read it in it's entirety before using your device. We're posting it here as a reminder for those who already have their unit and for everyone else who's waiting to receive their unit or getting ready to make their purchase can get familiar with the Ins and Outs of the Inductor. We will also add it to our Camouflet.com website, located in the description of the Inductor product page. We will update it as need be. Edits and suggestions are welcomed, email is best, contact@camouflet.com

Important Information​

Thank you for participating in the Camouflet Inductor Beta Program. The program is intended to give early adopters a chance to try our cutting-edge products while providing us valuable feedback to improve the product before a wider release. We look forward to your comments and hope you enjoy participating in the process of making the Inductor a success for the community.

Your Inductor beta unit has two main parts: The bamboo Base Station (power supply) and the Head, which you use to heat the Convector. The Base Station has a dial that allows you to adjust the output Voltage from about 18.5 to 28v. Higher voltage will result in more power output from the Head. This results in more aggressive heating (faster) but can be harder to control.

The Head features our Patent Pending F-Core technology which allows you to concentrate the induction energy without having to insert the vaporizer into a coil. To use the Inductor simply place the protruding core on or near the Convector, then depress the button. Do not press and hold the button when you are not actively heating the Convector. For optimal heating results, we recommend placing the tip of the Convector directly on the F-Core.

The Inductor allows for a completely new type of heating profile and we encourage our Beta participants to adopt this methodology. Traditionally “Battery-free” devices have you apply a heat source for a substantial period to heat soak the device and then you can take a few draws. This is sub-optimal, allowing for conduction heating and promoting poor flavor profiles. With the Inductor, you can heat your device for a much shorter period (1-3 seconds), take a draw and then heat it again. This keeps the heat load on your device low and leads to a more efficient experience.

Here are some things to consider when using your new Inductor Beta unit.

1. The Inductor was designed around and is currently optimized for heating the Camouflet Convector. It will heat other devices but we have not tested it with the many other products available.
  2. The Inductor is most efficient with higher Voltage and shorter bursts. An ideal use would be a 1-2 second heat-up of the Convector, take a draw, then follow up with subsequent 1-2 second heat cycles as needed.
  3. Do Not heat any object or depress the button for more than 30 seconds at a time. This will lead to device overheating and shutdown. Always allow a cooling period after extended heat cycles.
  4. Do not wear any jewelry or metal objects on your hands while operating the Inductor.
  5. Always turn the power supply off with the switch on the Bamboo Box when you are not using the Inductor.
  6. The Inductor is a powerful device and should be treated with respect. Do not use it for heating large ferrous objects that will stress it beyond its designed operating parameters.
  7. It is unlikely you will exceed the Inductor’s thermal limits during normal usage. If you feel the Inductor Head getting uncomfortably hot then it is time for a break. Turn off the Power Supply and let it cool to room temperature.
  8. Please note these Beta units are Beta Units and should be treated as experimental products. They may have small cosmetic or other imperfections.
Manufacturer has been non existent on here the past two months. Would really be helpful and useful to clear some of this up
We posted in this thread last on August 5th?

Turning the Inductor power supply off between sessions will have no effect on its longevity. In fact, it likely will increase it.

Turning the power supply off between uses in the same session should not be necessary. Leaving it on should not add to the thermal load. Likely what people are experiencing is after a few heat cycles the coil is hot but it takes some time for the heat to dissipate through the housing. In turn, it feels like it is actually getting hotter after your use has paused and you pick it up again.

The lighter head button getting warm is a factor of the close proximity to the coil and radiative heat. With the feedback given we will be implementing a solution for this as we move forward.

Thanks to all for the help.

Last edited:

Mndeadhead

when you say to use higher voltage settings, what are you recommending? I am at 24.5 currently. I know you posted vids at 28...do you really recommend going that high if it is NOT driving a convector?

Camouflet

Manufacturer
when you say to use higher voltage settings, what are you recommending? I am at 24.5 currently. I know you posted vids at 28...do you really recommend going that high if it is NOT driving a convector?
Do some experimenting, it is likely a bit different for every device/material combo. Your goal being to limit on time and heat inside the unit. Start from cold over a few sessions at increasing voltage levels. Let us know!

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I guess I should’ve said largely non existent instead.

Definitely a bunch of helpful info, would be interested in seeing exactly how long people are heating different vapes and how long between sessions.

Top Bottom