• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Induction Heater - 2020 offerings?

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Any updates on IHs in 2020? Dynavap portable model? New comparisons?

Its a damn shame that NewFC killed the momentum of so many cool threads.

VapeEnthusiast,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ivan van Ogre

INDUCTION HEATERS ("I.H.) for DynaVaps ... what's available these days??? (April 2020)

With this COVID-19 Stay@Home order, I find myself on the internet more than ever. I'm still waiting for our new (well, not so new anymore, I suppose) Governor to fulfill his campaign promise to LEGALIZE. When he does, I'm going to get a nice I.H. I already have the ugly, but effective, Dental Heater one, and I would have bought one from Pipes ... if he offered an option of having an external momentary switch instead of "bottom of the heat chamber tactile switch". But, I'm currently not partaking (sigh...) so there's no rush for me. Until it's legal here, I am simply refreshing my old notes and looking into new offerings for future reference - there are so many nice looking option these days!

I decided to share my list from my notes here. Other than putting Pipes at his rightful place on top, the remaining order is random. I'm merely making a list, with minimal details ... no specs., reviews, or recommendations. Like all of Pipes' offerings, most use a momentary pressure switch located in the bottom of the heat chamber that is activated by inserting the vaporizer and gently pressing it down a bit. If there are any units that I missed (very likely) please add them for everyone's sake. ;-)

#1 - by "Pipes", the Godfather of them all, the original ... .
His is a time-tested, proven design with stellar support.

a) Battery Powerd model: Portside Mini (aka, "PSM") - uses a LiPO battery, ala' R.C. gear= $105

b) AC (wall plug-in) model: Cauldron (replaced his JarHead model) = $80

c) Bare Bones (B.B.) "kit" form. You buy the guts "a-la-carte" from him and make your own enclosure.
$35 Main Driver Module ... with Male connectors already on the power-lead dongles = includes the heating coil, the board, the glass tube, the switch, etc. ... all the required stuff PRE-ASSEMBLED in a tidy, compact package = NOT a bunch of loose parts! You just add either the:
$5 AC jack, ("Home Harness") with pre-attached Female connectors (and, of course, a suitable Power Brick, like the one also available form Pipes for $20), or ...
$20 Pre-wired Battery Harness, complete with BMS board all wired-up and complete with connectors in place
.... also available are AC adapters, Car Adapters, Battery Chargers .... basically, everything you'll need, in a more or less "plug-n-play" format!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2) www.fluxerheaters.com = F.C. user: mr_cfromcali
He's a very busy guy, with a pretty long wait-list. His units use (3) x 18650 LiON batteries. Lots of options. His product's developmental history is good reading ... all detailed in his threads here.

- Flux Deluxe BASE = $150 (batterirs not incl.)
- Flux Deluxe STANDARD td = $175

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3) www.dynavap.com = finally, an "OEM" offering ... kinda'. DynaVap collaborated with LUCID CUSTOM to form "DynaTec". DynaTec has a model called the Apollo 2. It is currently out of stock at Dynavap.com, but is sold at retailers, too. It is an AC model, not battery, but I imagine a Battery option will follow soon. I've seen it listed for $130.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4) https://magheater.jimdofree.com/
From Germany - several modesl (both AC and battery) including some fancy adjustable heat sensoring.
- Basic “Compact” = $165

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5) www.vaphotbox.com =
- the "VHB", Vap Hot Box, ABS plastic chassis, (2) x 18650 Batts = $150
- the "VHB Micro ", small wooden cube chassis, AC powered = $180
* uses a finger-press momentary switch on the outside of the chassis, NOT the more common "at the bottom of the Heat Chamber" light-pressure tactile switch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6) https://toggengear.com
- the "Alpine 2020", aluminim chassis w/ walnut top, 1000mAh battery = $169.99
A brand new offering = not even shipping yet! pre-orders were @ $99.99

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7) (various sellers, eBay, Amazon, AliExpress) = SKJ Lab J28-3 = “dental wax heater” = $50
This bargain-priced unit is not as convenient because it requires the user to insert, hold still, wait, withdraw, reinsert, and wait some more before reaching the click. It's slower to heat than the other types, but still better than a torch and hard not to consider at its price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some Woodworkers are using Pipes' B.B. kits to make some real Eye Candy !!!
- F.C. member: phattpiggie (Phattpiggies Wood Shed - he does more than stems!)
- https://timberheaddesigns.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, there are several postings on Reddit that give good instructions and have schematics.
The one by user: beasthoss is very nice.

Cheerio, all!
If you are OK with it being hooked to the wall socket VHB is the way to go. I no longer struggle with the Click, It's predictable.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Any updates on IHs in 2020? Dynavap portable model? New comparisons?

Its a damn shame that NewFC killed the momentum of so many cool threads.
Irons in the fire and new product intro galore on the portable front. Familiar names and new ones starting with Alpine 2020 which had a rocky debut, then the Apollo Rover got a battery pack and the Orion is a new innovation is carry-able. Some say pocketable but they are just bragging. there is also a Dynacup 2S 18650 replaceable version. Some kits out the UK with 3S 18650. And an interesting artisan woodwork series from Ladat that is promising a battery powered unit if they haven't Already. There is Mag Heaters still and Vape hot Box. Fluxer is teasing us with another marvel.

DHV8654

Irons in the fire and new product intro galore on the portable front. Familiar names and new ones starting with Alpine 2020 which had a rocky debut, then the Apollo Rover got a battery pack and the Orion is a new innovation is carry-able. Some say pocketable but they are just bragging. there is also a Dynacup 2S 18650 replaceable version. Some kits out the UK with 3S 18650. And an interesting artisan woodwork series from Ladat that is promising a battery powered unit if they haven't Already. There is Mag Heaters still and Vape hot Box. Fluxer is teasing us with another marvel.
I want the Flux Flite but I want to see the new VapHotBox. It will probably come down to availability. I hope to decide on the actual device but everyone will want them...

DHV8654,
Reactions: RobbIt

kokolokokolokon

I have been reading about it a couple of days, but not from DHgate, from alibaba:

On DHGate there is a A option and a B option. If the IH is just the second option (B), then they are selling a 50$ product for 120$ (but if you live on EEUU it seems better option)
There are people on reddit who has one yet. They say it works great and it is definitely worth it for the price. It seems a flawless orion xddd
Another people are complaining about their units haven´t arrive yet. But this is alibaba, not amazon; and (i think) the product just released the past month.

I found two videos, one from youtube:

Another from alibaba:

Would love to tear into one. I suspect you will find an Orion inside.

People on reddit suspected it has been created by the same chinese factory or something like that.
In Alibaba´s product page there is a image of the board:

I want to know more too. It can be a great IH with a reasonable price, or, at least affordable

[Sry for my english]

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: RobbIt

Texus

While not marketed as a DV device, this iSpire Wand is getting rave reviews from folks who have used it with DV. Has temp control (though unclear what sort of sensors if any are involved), and the hollowness of the design also lets you modulate how it heats up based on where on the DV tip it is covering.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
...and the coil is quite large making it very forgiving in intrusion depth.

I too am interested to know what this temp reading is really all about.

ispire_ghost_ii.PNG

fogbank

is this the current IH offerings thread? i get confused, there seem to be so many.
anyway, just came across this: https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/black-shadow
As I expected, the Black Shadow is very similar to the UFO (if not an actual clone of the internals). They both have the same operating parameters (5 clicks to turn on, auto-sensing of VC insertion, 1 second LED flashing light, etc.). The manual for the Black Shadow is exactly the same as the UFO manual except the name has been replaced, the dimensions are different, and the UFO manual makes reference to an "Auto Power off" feature (after 5 minutes or 5 times heating) while the Black Shadow manual does not. Although they both turn off after 5 minutes or 5 heating cycles. They are both manufactured in China for "VapingFans Technology Co., Ltd.". They both come with the same basic charging cable and wall wort. The Black Shadow does not come with extra glass tubes and silicone spacers, but the UFO no longer comes with them either (I got an earlier UFO unit that included the extra tubes). The holes for the glass tubes are not exactly the same size. The UFO glass tubes will fit in the Black Shadow but they are loose and they sit slightly higher because the Black Shadow's opening is slightly larger but shallower than the opening on the UFO. For that reason the Black Shadow glass tube will not fit in the UFO because it is too large.

The main difference between the UFO and the Black Shadow is the position of the heating tube when using the tube with the glass bottom.
  • In the UFO the VC sits with the bottom of the cap about 1/8 to 1/16 in. below the top of the glass tube.
  • In the Black Shadow the VC sits with the bottom of the cap just about even with the top of the glass tube.
  • In the Orion the VC sits with the bottom of the cap about 1/8 to 1/16 in. above the top of the glass tube.
These differences result in different heating profiles. The UFO runs "hotter" because the VC is heated lower on the cap, resulting in more heating time before the click. The Black Shadow comes next (although I am still dialing it in), and the Orion runs "cooler" than the others because it heats higher up on the cap, resulting in less heating before the click. I use the terms "hotter" and "cooler" to describe the heat of the tip/bowl when in use, not the heat that is put out by the heaters themselves. I have no idea how the actual heaters compare.

In the end I think the Black Shadow is just a newer version of the UFO in a different case, with minor differences in the size of the hole.

Top Bottom