Discontinued Imp by MistVape

Gonchin

Wismec is selling the RX75 for 19.99.

If you don't have a TUBO mod, this is worth getting just to try it.

I have an istick Pico25 running AF. I spent a couple weeks tweeking settings. I got it pretty good. I could never get much of the first hit, but it did fine after the first.

I bought a RX75 and installed TUBO with the recommend settings from @mistvaporizer .

This turned my little Impcognito into a true on demand vape. No problems getting clouds on the first hit.

I just bought a second RX75 as a backup. I will most likely sell the pico. I really like how small the pico is. Fits better in my pocket, but the RX75 with TUBO performs like a champ.

My only issue is battery life. I'm lucky to get 2 bowls from a charge. The pico was no better. I'm going to find higher capacity batteries.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I never have any problems with my AsterRT running Arctic Fox, I can get vapor on the first hit if I want based on the temp settings, also minimum five bowls probably with the dual batteries? Shame that mod is not really available anywhere anymore though!

Shit Snacks,

BeeSawd

Wismec is selling the RX75 for 19.99.

If you don't have a TUBO mod, this is worth getting just to try it.

I have an istick Pico25 running AF. I spent a couple weeks tweeking settings. I got it pretty good. I could never get much of the first hit, but it did fine after the first.

I bought a RX75 and installed TUBO with the recommend settings from @mistvaporizer .

This turned my little Impcognito into a true on demand vape. No problems getting clouds on the first hit.

I just bought a second RX75 as a backup. I will most likely sell the pico. I really like how small the pico is. Fits better in my pocket, but the RX75 with TUBO performs like a champ.

My only issue is battery life. I'm lucky to get 2 bowls from a charge. The pico was no better. I'm going to find higher capacity batteries.
Great mod! Feels like it was made for the imp

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Got a few Impcognito shells available for $45 (usually $60)
Couple bloodwood, padauk, coco bolo and black wood left

Ipe17

I have two Impcognitos already and I really love them. I wish they made a 14mm bong adapter too...

I never understand why these vapes (Imp and Impcognito) dont get more love

GoldenBud

I have two Impcognitos already and I really love them. I wish they made a 14mm bong adapter too...

I never understand why these vapes (Imp and Impcognito) dont get more love
because it works great only with tubomyevic software and the devices are becoming discontinued :(
like wismec p80 .. hard to find..
and also stoners sometimes too lazy to install tubomyevic through nfe in a pc... and config etc'
other than that it's impressive portadesktop imho like you think

it's actually easy to install, 20 mins from zero knowledge if you got the right mod (and a Windows PC, lol) , 1 battery tubomyevic becoming hard to find....

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You might still get the eLeaf Pico 25 on FT, I just snagged one. But they are constantly out of stock. They get some every 4 or 5 days though you just have to wait a bit once your order is placed.

I think the OG Pico fits too and is even smaller, maybe it's still avail too? And this one also works with the DTv4 and CeraWax if you are into concentrates.

There are plenty of new mods which claim to have fancy chips with fancy names inside. Many support TCR. It's just that we don't have any feedback on them for our usage at the moment so someone would have to be the guinea pig for the team.

Then finally there are many DNA75 mods, even SBS. We talked recently about the Dovpo College, it's just a DNA60 but ample enough for us.

Ipe17

In Europe still easy to find P80 mods. For tubo I also have the RX mini (I like it a lot with the impcognito) and the evic mini. I use AF in a Pico and a RT Aster and also have the Dopvo College. Tubo still the one I like the most, but they all work.

My 2 impcognitos use different setting though. The old one I run the resistance slightly above the cold reading while the new one I have to use slightly below the cold reading (otherwise I combust). Both work great once you find the sweet spot.

BubbleDrop

I use AF in a Pico and a RT Aster and also have the Dopvo College. Tubo still the one I like the most, but they all work.
Could you share your AF settings with the Imp (just a screenshot from the config tool) ?
I haven't configured TCR yet, only using wattage for the moment.

BubbleDrop,
Reactions: boon

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Dave, I got a couple questions:

1) Did you somehow change the mesh you use for the stem screens between the very early Impcognito versions and the most recent ones you just sent me?

2) If the 510 deck is the same between the Imp and Impcognito, and to me they perform about the same, what is the rationale for having the two versions? Is it just because the larger Imp body allows you to be more creative with the elaborate shape? Or is there also more space inside, say if the user wanted to mount bigger coils in there?

(having early versions of both I can't really compare since you evolved them in the mean time, so mine are maybe not totally representative...)

Last edited:

Ipe17

Could you share your AF settings with the Imp (just a screenshot from the config tool) ?
I haven't configured TCR yet, only using wattage for the moment.
AF.jpg

This is for a cold resistance of 0.201 in my old impcognito

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Dave, I got a couple questions:

1) Did you somehow change the mesh you use for the stem screens between the very early Impcognito versions and the most recent ones you just sent me?

2) If the 510 deck is the same between the Imp and Impcognito, and to me they perform about the same, what is the rationale for having the two versions? Is it just because the larger Imp body allows you to be more creative with the elaborate shape? Or is there also more space inside, say if the user wanted to mount bigger coils in there?

(having early versions of both I can't really compare since you evolved them in the mean time, so mine are maybe not totally representative...)
The screen mesh did change, got a little smaller? Also very early screens were made in house. Later RBT hooked me up with some one who makes them. So they are made differently now.
The Imp/Impcognito use identical coils and decks. The Imp has a couple millimeters more space between the coil and the stem.
People wanted a smaller device so i did the impcognito

Ipe17

The screen mesh did change, got a little smaller? Also very early screens were made in house. Later RBT hooked me up with some one who makes them. So they are made differently now.
The Imp/Impcognito use identical coils and decks. The Imp has a couple millimeters more space between the coil and the stem.
People wanted a smaller device so i did the impcognito
Could it be that the inner diameter of the impcognito got a tad bigger than old impcognitos?

Ipe17,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Oddly enough the new screens seem to be less prone to clogging, but it might just be a false impression.
Yes we went from 80 mesh to 60 mesh for just that reason

Could it be that the inner diameter of the impcognito got a tad bigger than old impcognitos?
No but I made the O ring for a bit looser

canadianvapelife

Not sure how this works so hopefully I'm doing it right haha. Just picked up a wismec reuleaux gen 3 but when I try to use my impcognito in TCR mode the ohms jump until the screen reads atomizer low. Works fine in power mode though. Anyone know why this is happening?

I use the pico 25, p80 and releaux gen 3.
Do you use power mode or TCR with the gen 3?

canadianvapelife,

GoldenBud

Not sure how this works so hopefully I'm doing it right haha. Just picked up a wismec reuleaux gen 3 but when I try to use my impcognito in TCR mode the ohms jump until the screen reads atomizer low. Works fine in power mode though. Anyone know why this is happening?
I really.. really recommend you to install the tubomyevic for Imp/cog devices.
have a PC and micro-USB transferable cable and then ->
google for NFE Tools, install it.
visit here: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72 download the file

fixedbuttons191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin

then go inside NFE Tools -> enter NToolbox.exe then Firmware Upgrade then load the .bin file from lamart website...
then: setting up the mod > power+down > coils > manage > you see your TUBO resistance. it's like 0.208 or so? so just lock it..make sure you see the lock... set 'Check' to NO .
menu> interface> clicks -> set 4 to 'Edit'
The tubo will be in wattage mode maybe? so:
main menu ... 4 clicks then change from Wattage to TCR easily...like step with 'down' button and when you step on the right place do 'up' then you are in TCR.

***if you don't like TCR 185 and want to go 195 (Ipe recommendation)
menu> tubo set > M2 change to 195
then main screen> 4 clicks > move to M2, instead of M1. (in the latest firmware of tubomyevic, you can't change the M1 to 195)

if you still not satisfied raise the resistance (menu>coils>manage>locked+0.005)
thanks Ipe

Last edited:

canadianvapelife

I really.. really recommend you to install the tubomyevic for Imp/cog devices.
have a PC and micro-USB transferable cable and then ->
google for NFE Tools, install it.
visit here: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72 download the file

fixedbuttons191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin

then go inside NFE Tools -> enter NToolbox.exe then Firmware Upgrade then load the .bin file from lamart website...
then: setting up the mod > power+down > coils > manage > you see your TUBO resistance. it's like 0.208 or so? so just lock it..make sure you see the lock... set 'Check' to NO .
menu> interface> clicks -> set 4 to 'Edit'
The tubo will be in wattage mode maybe? so:
main menu ... 4 clicks then change from Wattage to TCR easily...like step with 'down' button and when you step on the right place do 'up' then you are in TCR.

***if you don't like TCR 185 and want to go 195 (Ipe recommendation)
menu> tubo set > M2 change to 195
then main screen> 4 clicks > move to M2, instead of M1. (in the latest firmware of tubomyevic, you can't change the M1 to 195)
Wow ok thank you for all the information. Is this just a malfunction of the device? I don't get why it works in power mode. I'm sure I could get used to it but was enjoying TCR mode on my pico 25

Top Bottom