Discontinued Imp by MistVape

GoldenBud

Wow ok thank you for all the information. Is this just a malfunction of the device? I don't get why it works in power mode. I'm sure I could get used to it but was enjoying TCR mode on my pico 25
the Wismec gen 3 is not the most reliable/stable mod on earth......'nuf said hehe
but tubomyevic never failed with it imo

GoldenBud,

canadianvapelife

the Wismec gen 3 is not the most reliable/stable mod on earth......'nuf said hehe
but tubomyevic never failed with it imo
Man I see tons of people post videos with them so I figured they must be good. Guess I should have done some more research 🤷‍♂️ I'll have to install the upgrade. Which mod would you recommend instead? I also have an rbt splinter and dreamwood glow rcv 18 on the way

canadianvapelife,
Reactions: BigJr48

GoldenBud

Man I see tons of people post videos with them so I figured they must be good. Guess I should have done some more research 🤷‍♂️ I'll have to install the upgrade. Which mod would you recommend instead? I also have an rbt splinter and dreamwood glow rcv 18 on the way
if you can find a Wismec P80, go for it. they're fine, and works awesome with a Splinter V2 with tubomyevic TCR 145 (volcano hits/feeling, totally)
other than that, if I will have to buy another mod in my life, and P80 is out of stock and gone, I'll try some DNA60/DNA75 chipped mods? probably...
edit: @Mac09 i always forget that also Arctic Fox/Red panda are supported with Imp etc' , let's wait for a deal on Wismec RAVAGE230 - it works good with Arctic fox, or if anybody else knows about AF/RP mods...

canadianvapelife

if you can find a Wismec P80, go for it. they're fine, and works awesome with a Splinter V2 with tubomyevic TCR 145 (volcano hits/feeling, totally)
other than that, if I will have to buy another mod in my life, and P80 is out of stock and gone, I'll try some DNA60/DNA75 chipped mods? probably...
I just loved the idea of the 3 batteries. I burn through 1 battery charge pretty quick

GoldenBud

edit: @Mac09 i always forget that also Arctic Fox/Red panda are supported with Imp etc' , let's wait for a deal on Wismec RAVAGE230 - it works good with Arctic fox, or if anybody else knows about AF/RP mods...
  • VTC Mini, VTC Dual, VTwo Mini, VTwo, AIO, Basic;
  • Primo, Primo 2.0, Primo Mini, Primo Mini SE;
  • eGrip II / Light;
  • Cuboid, Cuboid Mini, Cuboid 200;
Wismec:
  • Presa TC75W, Presa TC100W;
  • RX75, RX200, RX200S, RX300, RX2/3, RXmini, RX GEN3, RX 20700, RX 21700;
  • Sinuous P80, Predator;
Eleaf:
  • iStick TC100W, iStick TC200W, iStick QC 200W, iStick Power 80W, iStick Tria;
  • Pico 75W, Pico Mega, Pico Dual, Pico RDTA, Pico 25, iStick Pico 21700;
  • Aster, Elitar Pipe, iKonn220;
Co-branding:
  • Vaporflask: Classic, Lite, Stout;
  • Beyondvape Centurion;
  • La Petite Box;
  • Vapor Shark SwitchBox RX;

all these devices will work with Arctic Fox
from PC you can control every setting and the 'autofire' action => 2 clicks fastly means cruising, session mode

canadianvapelife

Wow ok thank you for all the information. Is this just a malfunction of the device? I don't get why it works in power mode. I'm sure I could get used to it but was enjoying TCR mode on my pico 25
I'm assuming I can do all this from a mac book as well not just a PC?

canadianvapelife,

canadianvapelife

• VTC Mini, VTC Dual, VTwo Mini, VTwo, AIO, Basic;
  • Primo, Primo 2.0, Primo Mini, Primo Mini SE;
  • eGrip II / Light;
  • Cuboid, Cuboid Mini, Cuboid 200;
Wismec:
  • Presa TC75W, Presa TC100W;
  • RX75, RX200, RX200S, RX300, RX2/3, RXmini, RX GEN3, RX 20700, RX 21700;
  • Sinuous P80, Predator;
Eleaf:
  • iStick TC100W, iStick TC200W, iStick QC 200W, iStick Power 80W, iStick Tria;
  • Pico 75W, Pico Mega, Pico Dual, Pico RDTA, Pico 25, iStick Pico 21700;
  • Aster, Elitar Pipe, iKonn220;
Co-branding:
  • Vaporflask: Classic, Lite, Stout;
  • Beyondvape Centurion;
  • La Petite Box;
  • Vapor Shark SwitchBox RX;

all these devices will work with Arctic Fox
from PC you can control every setting and the 'autofire' action => 2 clicks fastly means cruising, session mode
Can I download using a MacBook?

canadianvapelife,

canadianvapelife

Have you heard of the gen 3 doing this with other atomizers? I tried my crossing tech (hvt in the us) atomizer and it worked fine

canadianvapelife,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can I download using a MacBook?

No you will need a PC, or virtual software within your Mac, to flash firmware to the mod... Try the gen 3 dual, it should be fine for all of those vapes, but yeah load tubo on it so you can tweak all the settings for temp control with imp (and Splinter)

Shit Snacks,

canadianvapelife

No you will need a PC, or virtual software within your Mac, to flash firmware to the mod... Try the gen 3 dual, it should be fine for all of those vapes, but yeah load tubo on it so you can tweak all the settings for temp control with imp (and Splinter)
I'm not sure what virtual software is. All I have is a MacBook. The gen 3 dual performs better?

canadianvapelife,

Shit Snacks

I'm not sure what virtual software is. All I have is a MacBook. The gen 3 dual performs better?

Look it up, it's a way to run Windows on a MacBook or other operating system, or find a friend with a PC, or you can try to buy the mod preloaded... Sorry I have no idea, didn't realize you were talking about the 3batt one

Shit Snacks,

canadianvapelife

Look it up, it's a way to run Windows on a MacBook or other operating system, or find a friend with a PC, or you can try to buy the mod preloaded... Sorry I have no idea, didn't realize you were talking about the 3batt one
Ya it's not working properly in TCR mode but works in power mode. Wasn't sure if it was a faulty unit

canadianvapelife,

Shit Snacks

Ya it's not working properly in TCR mode but works in power mode. Wasn't sure if it was a faulty unit

Oh you already have it, yeah I do vaguely recall seeing something about the three battery version being a little buggier, if you can limit yourself to only two batteries it should be better... But also yeah these other firmware's help you control more things, it is tough to set up proper temp control with the stock firmware on these mods... I only have one three battery mod myself, RX DNA 250, but I find it to be pretty overkill for my needs.

Shit Snacks,

canadianvapelife

Oh you already have it, yeah I do vaguely recall seeing something about the three battery version being a little buggier, if you can limit yourself to only two batteries it should be better... But also yeah these other firmware's help you control more things, it is tough to set up proper temp control with the stock firmware on these mods... I only have one three battery mod myself, RX DNA 250, but I find it to be pretty overkill for my needs.
Ya I bought it basically just for the three batteries because I burn through 1 battery charge pretty quick. Should have done more research I guess

canadianvapelife,

canadianvapelife

I really.. really recommend you to install the tubomyevic for Imp/cog devices.
have a PC and micro-USB transferable cable and then ->
google for NFE Tools, install it.
visit here: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72 download the file

fixedbuttons191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin

then go inside NFE Tools -> enter NToolbox.exe then Firmware Upgrade then load the .bin file from lamart website...
then: setting up the mod > power+down > coils > manage > you see your TUBO resistance. it's like 0.208 or so? so just lock it..make sure you see the lock... set 'Check' to NO .
menu> interface> clicks -> set 4 to 'Edit'
The tubo will be in wattage mode maybe? so:
main menu ... 4 clicks then change from Wattage to TCR easily...like step with 'down' button and when you step on the right place do 'up' then you are in TCR.

***if you don't like TCR 185 and want to go 195 (Ipe recommendation)
menu> tubo set > M2 change to 195
then main screen> 4 clicks > move to M2, instead of M1. (in the latest firmware of tubomyevic, you can't change the M1 to 195)

if you still not satisfied raise the resistance (menu>coils>manage>locked+0.005)
thanks Ipe
Does the Arctic Fox firmware work as well?

canadianvapelife,

canadianvapelife

I know I should download new firmware for my wismec reuleaux gen3 triple battery but is it absolutely necessary to use the impcognito on TCR mode? I feel like it should work regardless

canadianvapelife,

Shit Snacks

I know I should download new firmware for my wismec reuleaux gen3 triple battery but is it absolutely necessary to use the impcognito on TCR mode? I feel like it should work regardless

Yeah you need the custom firmware, I don't know how well that mod is going to do regardless, but having custom firmware allows you to access settings you cannot access with the stock firmwares, on top of additional functionality... Sorry, good luck!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Setting TCR is a one-off pain, and there are plenty of guides and examples available. Heck, just ask in there and many people will happily help you!

Once setup you should never have to touch it again and you will have a much more satisfying experience. The Imp/Impcognito have small coils, they get to temp really fast but they have very little mass and inertia, making them much harder to use in power mode compared to for instance the beefy RBT heaters of the Splinters and Milaana.

It's possible to use them in power mode sure, but it's so much more fool-proof in TCR. And since the coils geometry is pretty basic, TCR works pretty well (in comparison it's sometimes trickier with mesh heaters or complex folds)

Last edited:

canadianvapelife

Setting TCR is a one-off pain, and there are plenty of guides and examples available. Heck, just ask in there and many people will happily help you!

Once setup you should never have to touch it again and you will have a much more satisfying experience. The Imp/Impcognito have small coils, they get to temp really fast but they have very little mass and inertia, making them much harder to use in power mode compared to for instance the beefy RBT heaters of the Splinters and Milaana.

It's possible to use them in power mode sure, but it's so much fool-proof in TCR. And since the coils geometry is pretty basic, TCR works pretty well (in comparison it's sometimes trickier with mesh heaters or complex folds)
I have been using TCR with my eleaf pico 25 and it works great. Trying to use TCR on the wismec without downloading new firmware but the mod won't work. Jumps the ohms and watts all around until it reads atomizer low or atomizer short. Also tried another atomizer but it did the same thing. Basically I'm trying to figure out if I need to return the wismec or if downloading the firmware will for sure fix the problem

canadianvapelife

Yeah you need the custom firmware, I don't know how well that mod is going to do regardless, but having custom firmware allows you to access settings you cannot access with the stock firmwares, on top of additional functionality... Sorry, good luck!
So it's for sure an issue with the mod and downloading tubo will for sure fix my problem?

canadianvapelife,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm that sounds more like a 510 center pin issue. Make sure it's not held low because it went a bit sideways or something. Try pushing on it, it must be springy (or well I assume it should but maybe not on that particular mod?)

Try cleaning your 510 threads with alcoohol, there might be some machining residues. And also try maybe screwing your atty harder (but if you can, use any cheap 510 base rather than your Imp, it's too precious to risk ruining it that way!)

Incorrect and/or unstable ohm readings = sure problem either somewhere in the 510 connection or with the connection between the atty and its coil(s). Since you ruled out the latter by swapping attys and because it also works in another mod, it's more probably the former.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

So it's for sure an issue with the mod and downloading tubo will for sure fix my problem?

No I didn't say that, if it is for sure a problem with the mod, then another firmware may not help, but yes with wismec at least the best way to set up good TCR is with one of the custom firmwares in my experience and what I've read here at least, sorry I can't be of more help, good luck sorting it out!

Top Bottom