Discontinued Imp by MistVape

Adrian C

I'm torn between Imp and Impcognito. Does either of them look more like an ecgig tank when its on a mod? Ideally I want to look like I'm just vaping ejuice.

Adrian C,

GoldenBud

OK thanks. Its a Squonk mod though and I never use ejuice so having an internal tank adds unnecessary bulk. Is there a smaller equivalent with no internal tank?
you won't have to use the squonk filler, you will take it out.. using without it. it works great, some friend of mine has it, it looks a great mod value for money.
and i agree with Momor, the Imp isn't the best option to look like an ecig part. Impcongnito will be a better choice in this situation

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Adrian C

Adrian C

you won't have to use the squonk filler, you will take it out.. using without it. it works great, some friend of mine has it, it looks a great mod value for money.
and i agree with Momor, the Imp isn't the best option to look like an ecig part. Impcongnito will be a better choice in this situation
Yeah I just figure the squonk filler is taking up space and I want the smallest possible setup... any options without one that are even smaller?

Adrian C,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Hey I'm doing a clearance sale on some Imps with the earlier style body. The maple ring shows on the top. Somehow these got lost but they are great so I'm going to clearance them. You get the body with a brand new coil deck for $95.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

chaos191

Hey there I was wondering if anybody had experience with both the Imp and the Dreamwood Glow 18 RCV and could compare and contrast the 2? Thanks

chaos191,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey there I was wondering if anybody had experience with both the Imp and the Dreamwood Glow 18 RCV and could compare and contrast the 2? Thanks

I think there is too much of a size difference between them, but I think you could more reasonably compare the glow 14 to the imp? Probably best posted in askFC regardless!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks which of those do you like?

Post in AskFC :goon:

I will say that I prefer the imp probably just because it already comes with a steel coil installed so easier to set up for temp control... Glow I have only used wattage with includes kanthal coil. Imp also has more secure orings (too secure for me even) since they are in the vape body (Glow you put them separately around stems and press them in together) though Glow also has body loading ability whereas Imp is only stems, or wooden micro capsule stem... Also different cooling stems available, also shapes and sizes? I have Impcognito so that is smaller than Glow14 as well.

Glastix

Hello. Does anyone have experience using an Imp with the Aegis X mod? I have the mod and am considering purchasing the Imp. Both the 510 dry herb vapes and box mods are new devices to me so I'm working through the learning curve. Thanks for any advice on the compatibility and/or recommended settings.

seki

Hello. Does anyone have experience using an Imp with the Aegis X mod? I have the mod and am considering purchasing the Imp. Both the 510 dry herb vapes and box mods are new devices to me so I'm working through the learning curve. Thanks for any advice on the compatibility and/or recommended settings.

I don't have an Imp, but I do have an Impcognito, and it's my understanding that the settings for both are within the same range, if not identical. I don't have any personal experience with that mod, but the Imp/Impcognito page on the Mistvape site detail installation and configuration instructions for both Arctic Fox and Tubo firmwares, scroll to the bottom of the page:

I would assume the easiest way to go about setting up an Imp would be to purchase a mod box compatible with either of the above two firmwares. I think Red Panda should work as well, as it's the version of Arctic Fox used for mods with colour screens.

Arctic Fox/Red Panda compatibility info can be found here:

Tubo info here:

Disclaimer: I've only owned my Impcognito for only a week or two, and am still dialing it in. I'm pretty close, but it's still not quite where I'd like it to be. I am running an Aster RT with Arctic Fox loaded, initially configured using the settings on the Mistvape site.

Edit: Also from the site, if you don't want to try and figure out TC settings for your specific mod, recommended wattage settings are:

Running the Imp in power mode try 14 to 23 watts, 16 watts works great but your actual setting will be what you prefer

Last edited:

Glastix

I don't have an Imp, but I do have an Impcognito, and it's my understanding that the settings for both are within the same range, if not identical. I don't have any personal experience with that mod, but the Imp/Impcognito page on the Mistvape site detail installation and configuration instructions for both Arctic Fox and Tubo firmwares, scroll to the bottom of the page:

I would assume the easiest way to go about setting up an Imp would be to purchase a mod box compatible with either of the above two firmwares. I think Red Panda should work as well, as it's the version of Arctic Fox used for mods with colour screens.

Arctic Fox/Red Panda compatibility info can be found here:

Tubo info here:

Disclaimer: I've only owned my Impcognito for only a week or two, and am still dialing it in. I'm pretty close, but it's still not quite where I'd like it to be. I am running an Aster RT with Arctic Fox loaded, initially configured using the settings on the Mistvape site.

Edit: Also from the site, if you don't want to try and figure out TC settings for your specific mod, recommended wattage settings are:
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the information.

Glastix,
D

Deleted member 66001

I don't think the settings are universal between the Imp and Impcognito, I believe one sits closer to the coils. I also have an Impcognito and it's a perfectly fine unit, I'm sure an Imp would more than likely do a good job.

Seki is right, load Arctic Fox on it..........it takes literally ten seconds to d'load and couldn't be easier. I don't know if the code still works, but I bought two of these Cuboid Mini's because I like the form factor.....if your in the US, shipping is fast enough.

My advice, don't get frustrated. The smallest changes in what you do between hits can change things significantly. It took me the longest time to figure things out because I was doing everything backwards, lol. Some people pick it up within half a dozen hits, other dolts like me it takes half a year. You can copy peoples settings to your hearts content...............but that's only half the story, the other half is your breathing technique might not match theirs, your idea of a soft or hard pack may also not match theirs. Plus there's alot of debate of which is easier to accomplish first, TC or Wattage mode. I went straight to TC because I think alot of people will agree that eventually you'll end up there. I was one who initially thought "how hard can holding down one button possibly be???"...........until I tried autofire, and then I knew........"oh yeah, being lazy rules, lol!"

BeeSawd

Looking for replacement o-rings, the one that came on my deck was damaged on arrival and i'd like to replace it, any idea what size to use?

BeeSawd,
Top Bottom