• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Imp by MistVape

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
^ Papa how do you feel of Tubo vs Imp. Kinda want a Tubo for home use but don't know ifthe performance gap is big enough to warrant.

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: papa_ent

lordtinuviel

I cycle through my vapes but that is partly cuz the wife uses them too. At home I mostly use my mighty and tubo evic, out and about it's lil bud and imp. I like LB a lot, especially that I cant break it, but temperature control and the predictability of the Imp are making it my more used. The wife dislikes unregulated for sure so she mostly doesnt use LB. I also like the 14mm bowl more than I thought I would, it forces me to be more efficient but this thing still extracts every bit of it. Speaking of efficient, the M gets a whirl now and again but she is pretty clearly our least used.

I should probably add that part of the reason I use Imp more out and about is it feels more stable, less fragile and likely to succumb to my clumsiness. The mod though I'm certain I will drop and break but is relatively cheap.

Are you getting the high you want with the avb to match?

What firmware are you using? With surmyevic you adjust the TCR value to make the coil/air temperature match the goal temp. My P80 seems best at TCR 198. Once you have your TCR settled try adjusting where the air intake holes are, I find more even extraction when they face straight forward/backward.

Edit to add @Shit Snacks those are sweet. I haven't checked the site for a bit, are those from MV? Actually, maybe I dont wanna know unless they're free.

I'm using artifox latest firmware. Abv hasn't been consistent, sometimes it's ok others I get hotspots, others I have combust...still playing with it

lordtinuviel,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
^ Papa how do you feel of Tubo vs Imp. Kinda want a Tubo for home use but don't know ifthe performance gap is big enough to warrant.

not really the place to compare head to head, but also not really fair to do so, since the Tubo has a larger bowl size and a much larger heater with glass involved as well. As we know the imp is no slouch, and way more portable, though the tubo would make a nice home unit with a different, but also great experience...

Last edited:

papa_ent

The Imp compares very favorably. There isnt much performance gap, probably more of a personal preference.

I'm using artifox latest firmware. Abv hasn't been consistent, sometimes it's ok others I get hotspots, others I have combust...still playing with it

I dont know about AF, but surmyevic has been very reliable for me. I feel like the interface on mods themselves are kind of wonky, but once you setup your tcr it works great.

lordtinuviel

The Imp compares very favorably. There isnt much performance gap, probably more of a personal preference.

I dont know about AF, but surmyevic has been very reliable for me. I feel like the interface on mods themselves are kind of wonky, but once you setup your tcr it works great.

I will take a look at it, thkz

lordtinuviel,

Obsessed 2

Posting here as I posted on the impcognito thread. Wish these would merge.

@mistvaporizer the dosing stem (I got bocote) with the mv capsules are the bee's knees brotha! Home run! Bravo!

Question: would you be able to provide the dosing stem with an additional inch of length? I would love to stem pack my Impcognito. :brow:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Hey guys I swapped my coils out for SS 316L staggered fused claptons by UD, but after adjusting settings for it in AF, it doesn't seem to recognize any temperature on the coil, yet the old coils still relay that info. Anyone know why that is?

Edit: NVM was way off with my resistance and other settings hehe

Edit: I have roughly 10 hours of fire time on the old coils. I'd say its good to replace before 5 however. I can see this data using Arcticfox

Last edited:
deadlytoaster,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Zoopps I got it! I had my resistance at 0.15 but my coils are at 0.118 yoop. For anyone looking these are NOT for stock coils!

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: GoldenBud

RastaBuddha

Hello everyone, first post here !

How the Imp or the Impcognito preform in comparison to a Stempod ? The form factor of the Impcognito is really appealing for an on the go vape.

Does the air-flow more restricted than the Stempod ?

I love those convection design but I'm a little bit concerned about the glowing aspect and degradation of the coils. Is it possible to build a not-glowing coil with the Impcognito (I read that the recommended wattage is more around 25W which quite lower than the Stempod, maybe it's possible to get a no glow build without going too low in the wire gauge)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

How the Imp or the Impcognito preform in comparison to a Stempod ? The form factor of the Impcognito is really appealing for an on the go vape.

I love those convection design but I'm a little bit concerned about the glowing aspect and degradation of the coils. Is it possible to build a not-glowing coil with the Impcognito (I read that the recommended wattage is more around 25W which quite lower than the Stempod, maybe it's possible to get a no glow build without going too low in the wire gauge)

Not sure about airflow compared to the Stempod but I feel the Impcognito is pretty wide open. Airflow only comes through those 2 holes so maybe it's not quite as open as some other convection vapes but I don't really think it's a "restricted" airflow.

Having coils that don't glow was pretty important to me as well - I did mess with settings a bit, but I took my unit into a completely dark room and do not get any appreciable glow at the temperatures I use. I typically use 430F as my max temp and I wasn't able to see the glow at this temp in a completely dark room.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Plutonic

I just discovered that the mouthpiece for O ring stems fits a 14mm j-hook really nicely, no need to switch to the WPA. But I continue to be amazed at how much the short beaded stem cools the vapor in any case. I like this little guy more and more.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still very happy with my Imp Beta, got some issues months ago to get it to work in TC mode but finally I was able to set everything properly.

I pair it with an old MistVape Touch wood stem with the screen positionned for micro-dosing, it's a DD for quick hits during the day. I use it exclusively dry cause I found watertool create a sort of tunneling effect cause the added pressure.

Sadly it stays at home most of the time... I would like to bring it with me but I'm working in a very dusty environment and I don't want to risk it to get polluted by dust... for that purpose I use cheapo vapes I'm not afraid to dirt or break. Although I already bring it with me for a concert or party but it's not the best vape for sharing cause frequents reload and learning curve (and, to be honnest, I don't want to get too much peoples to put their lips on my stem and take the risk of an accidental combustion too!).

For dry on-demands hits the Imp get my favors but for water filtration or lung busters I prefer the Iheat... but, at the end, I grab the Imp a lot more... sadly I don't use my Touch a lot lately.

RastaBuddha

Not sure about airflow compared to the Stempod but I feel the Impcognito is pretty wide open. Airflow only comes through those 2 holes so maybe it's not quite as open as some other convection vapes but I don't really think it's a "restricted" airflow.

Having coils that don't glow was pretty important to me as well - I did mess with settings a bit, but I took my unit into a completely dark room and do not get any appreciable glow at the temperatures I use. I typically use 430F as my max temp and I wasn't able to see the glow at this temp in a completely dark room.

Hope this helps.

@RastaBuddha i don't know the airflow on the stempod but the Imp and Impcognito are similar. Each has 2 holes, the holes are 0.078"(2 mm) in diameter.
I can be more specific if there is something you want to find out about

Thanks for those answers, looks like the impcognito could be a good addition to my no combustion journey.

Are stems from a Stempod compatible with an Impcognito ?

RastaBuddha,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I have the o-ring stems. Had an arizer Solo WPA and both my glass stems broke. FIgured I could also fit all the aftermarket Arizer stems on if I sanded down the chamber a bit. Took a couple hours of careful work but it fits well!

GoldenBud

Both Stempod and Imp are pure convection, the biggest difference is the size bowl - with the Imp you basically don't have to stir the bowl in a session because of its small size (14mm stem)

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The Imp and Impcognito are mod based vapes. The coil and base hardware are identical in both units. The body is the only difference. The Imp is 1 5/8" long (41 mm) and a bit less than an inch in diameter (<25 mm).
The coils are dual claptons, 26/30 gauge wires, 2.5 mm ID, 6 wraps.
The 510 hardware is made in house and currently we are using MVA (MistVape Alloy) for all custom electrodes. MVA is pure copper and pure silver mixed at 19:1
Impcognito OG thread
Imp OG thread
I'll get some pics up, things have been a bit crazy of late.
Hope everyone is safe and stays safe.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
great 14mm stem vape, small bowl and pure flavour
the 14mm stem bowl makes it easier to stir, needs only 1 stir per bowl

The current versions don't actually use the 14mm joint stem connection, they use (14mm?) straight glass stems that secure with o-rings... Just to be clear, not sure you can buy the old style anymore?

I am planning to do a big post in here with photos of my impcognito on AsterRT and more details btw

Top Bottom