Discontinued Imp by MistVape

purpletweed

Might be a dumb q, but is it possible to use the Imp[cognito] with concentrates, for example wrapped in ungummed hemp? Should probably just get a dedicated atty for that, but I gotta wonder.

purpletweed,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You can still get the 14mm tapered stems. I ordered some recently for my beta Imp.

Oh I meant the 14 mm taper imp body, I know he's got plenty of the stems available! Got to get that accessory thread going ;) they're all up on the website for sale I believe

Might be a dumb q, but is it possible to use the Imp[cognito] with concentrates, for example wrapped in ungummed hemp? Should probably just get a dedicated atty for that, but I gotta wonder.

Yeah no reason why not, I'm not sure it would be the most efficient usage though (also heard rayon is better than hemp for this in general) @MistVape also makes the Beast atty which can work for concentrate (and vapcap)

GoldenBud

Still waiting for mine to arrive. m0re than a month now. I hate COVID
I feel you too. my ELEV8R got rejected in some point and they sent it back to the store. this COVID really sux for VAS !
@Shit Snacks i actually would recommend him to get a Bare Essence espeically for concentrates. special flavour with hash there and low priced device. i really like the convection-concentrates method. although it's not too portable at all.

Shit Snacks

Alright here is some re posting from when I got my impcognito:

...I have one on my CuboidMini running TuboFW quite well in TC! Have an AsterRT coming where I will try the new ArcticFox as well. This is quite a portable, an super stealth with the dosing capsules and wood stem. Got to try @mistvaporizer's own Imp too, the cooling stem is quite nice, and I do like the curves of the bigger body. Took my bloodwood out and about though, on a long walk on the way to a movie...

muunch said:
This would be ideal - for what it's worth, on Tubo firmware leaving the stock ohms exactly as they were, I simply adjusted my PID values (and dropped max wattage to 35)

P = 825
I = 190
D = 10

and I have been very satisfied with the perceived accuracy of the temps.

The new Mistvape capsules also work VERY VERY well in my experience. I am getting pretty darn even roasting all the way through, and the fit of the capsules in the stems is A1.

@mistvaporizer I think knocked it out of the park with this one.

The fit/finish on all the parts of the Impcognito are very impressive for how small it is.
Met up with @mistvaporizer to pick up my new Impcognito in person, tried out a lot of vapes and a lot of fresh strains! Very impressed with how tiny and effective this thing is, but need to get it dialed in for my Cuboid. Used your settings above, but not sure about M value, 75 was too hot and 205 still not quite right yet... Lot of testing ahead

Edit: that was with my cold resistance (aka tubo) improperly set to .240 bc it was already warm. Got it set properly now at .225 and so far so good at 350F, may need to readjust that M1 value now...

deadlytoaster said:
^ Do you use Cruise control eco mode? Does the wood not scorch/get as hot on such setting? Keen to hear how you like the new ArcticFox firmware too!
Yeah never used AF yet so this will be my first experience. I don't think I have eco on, but my cruise is only set to like 90 seconds I think, and I typically stop it early. if you set it to a high temp and let it cruise for a long time I suppose you could scorch something... The way I use it its just so you don't have to hold the button down, personally I wouldn't really risk doing long cruises with this heater, I only do that with a Tubo. I prefer on demand pure convection, where I can clear each hit, as opposed to session style (though that can be fun and useful).

mistvaporizer said:
I tried earlier versions of AF and had issues loading the firmware. With NFE v181005-00.08 there is a definition file for Aster and this version recognized and loaded on Aster rt.
I still don't have good setting and have had scorching and one combustion event with the Impcognito on the Aster rt running AF
When I get it figured out I'll post a page with setting and instructions.
Nice! So there should be full instructions ready by the time I have my Aster, even better! Should be a simple set up...

...I am up and running with the AsterRT and ArcticFox successfully using temp control via those Mist instructions, though I had to lower my TCR value to like 110 (still tinkering) with a locked cold resistance of .225 since a higher TCR was too hot. Great results now, can still get visible vapor at 330F that tastes great while 450F does not even scorch (hence still tweaking, new longer or cooling mouthpieces will make testing easier)

What a pocket portable! No need to sacrifice on power and taste here
:tup:

I was using it in a movie theater with no trouble, I was literally able to use this like I would an oil cartridge and it wasn't inconveniently larger, though it is, and much heavier too, fit well in my hoodie or shorts pocket, even discrete sitting in the cup holder and easy to conceal in hand.

I think I might like ArcticFox as well, may load it to my P80 to try with Splinter, some things are not ideal, but I think all the benefits may offset them pretty effectively... As always there is much more time to be spent with this one!

... FYI settings for temp control with ArcticFox (will be useful for Tubo and other firmware too) can be found in this great tutorial:
http://mistvaporizer.com/af

IMG-20190722-222046.jpg

IMG-20190722-221156.jpg

IMG-20200301-172416360.jpg

Still surprised so many folks seem to have slept on this one, quite an impressive little portable!

Last edited:

adidaspimp

look ma' no shoelaces
I love my Imps. Just now started using with the WonG. It's a different experience vs a stem with a fat mouthpiece on it.

adidaspimp,

Adrian C

I currently use a Mighty but it's not stealthy or pocketable which is why I'm considering the Impcognito (or maybe the Imp)... How does Impcognito compare with Mighty in terms of vapor quality/hotness/harshness? Iis Imp less hot/harsh than Impcognito?

Also the Aegis Mini 80w seems like a small stealthy mod to power it, and Aegis Solo 100 looks a bit more powerful but bigger... Is the Mini powerful enough to heat the Impcognito or would the Solo be much better?

Do Impcognito / Imp also work well with hash?

Thankyou for any advice!

Adrian C,

GoldenBud

Also the Aegis Mini 80w seems like a small stealthy mod to power it, and Aegis Solo 100 looks a bit more powerful but bigger... Is the Mini powerful enough to heat the Impcognito or would the Solo be much better?

Do Impcognito / Imp also work well with hash?
yes, every mod with 50w can work with the imp. even 40w. but better get a mod which supports tubomyevic / myevic / arctic fox software
for autofiring option
even impcognito on P80 mod can be better than a mighty, by its stealth
use impcognito on temp control, great flavour.

the imp should be powerful than the mighty, mighty isn't on-demand and the bowl is bigger for its heater
and mighty isn't 100% convection, and not on demand device.

Adrian C

What is a nice set of accessories for Impcognito? I would like cool vapor if possible without using water.

Can you vape hash or concentrates (eg using the hemp fibre on MistVape site)?

How much and how little flower can it use and still work well?

Adrian C,

Adrian C

yes, every mod with 50w can work with the imp. even 40w. but better get a mod which supports tubomyevic / myevic / arctic fox software
for autofiring option
even impcognito on P80 mod can be better than a mighty, by its stealth
use impcognito on temp control, great flavour.

the imp should be powerful than the mighty, mighty isn't on-demand and the bowl is bigger for its heater
and mighty isn't 100% convection, and not on demand device.
Great info. I really value the on-demand part as hate waiting for Mighty to heat up. I ordered a Geekvape Aegis Solo mod since its tough, but you cant put Arctic Fox. Is that a problem? Is auto-firing required to really make the most of/enjoy an Impcognito?

Last edited:
Adrian C,

Adrian C

What is a nice set of accessories for Impcognito? I would like cool vapor if possible without using water.

How much and how little flower can it use and still work well?
Thanks.

Which accessories would you recommend for Impcognito? I would like cool vapor if possible without using water so the best possible cooling stem would be nice.

Adrian C,

GoldenBud

Great info. I really value the on-demand part as hate waiting for Mighty to heat up. I ordered a Wismec Aegis Solo mod since its tough, but you cant put Arctic Fox. Is that a problem? Is auto-firing required to really make the most of/enjoy an Impcognito?

it's fine also without auto firing, just re-click it after few seconds..

Which accessories would you recommend for Impcognito? I would like cool vapor if possible without using water so the best possible cooling stem would be nice.

it should work great with hash at 250C or so. with some hemp fibre or ABV bed too! just load some ABV in the load and put the hash on it

about accessories... i used it with bubbler. and really enjoyed. but ask him for cooling stem, i don't know if it exists.

ANYWAY GET A WOODEN WPA .... it's cheap , you never know when you will get a bubbler ;)

Last edited:

Adrian C

Wha
it's fine also without auto firing, just re-click it after few seconds..

it should work great with hash at 250C or so. with some hemp fibre or ABV bed too! just load some ABV in the load and put the hash on it

about accessories... i used it with bubbler. and really enjoyed. but ask him for cooling stem, i don't know if it exists.

ANYWAY GET A WOODEN WPA .... it's cheap , you never know when you will get a bubbler ;)
Thanks! What's a good small stealth mod with autofiring?

Adrian C,

Shit Snacks

@GoldenBud are you sure you mean auto-fire? the way you describe it it sounds like you just meant being able to adjust the auto shut-off to be longer than 10 or 15 sec... Auto fire can be nice but there's no need for it at all with the Imp... what is nice about using a mod capable of Arcticfox or myevic, if the setting up of temp control which is important for the Imp. I have no idea if those other mods @Adrian C mentioned can be set up the same way... But yeah P80 is good, gotta hunt for it.

Also yes there is a cooling stem, it's the regular stem but you fill it with glass beads and use a wooden mouthpiece. There may also be other cooling system options, I know there are for the Nomad at least. Check the site and even try emailing for stuff that might be missing there...

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

adjust the auto shut-off to be longer than 10 or 15 sec
yeah that's the point, if it's 10s limited he better not buying it. if it's 15s, that's fine. i liked autocruise on bubbler anyway, but he won't using it much if he doesn't like a bubbler ofc.. but anyway 10s is not too much imo. Imp with tubosoftware on TCR 120 works well, very well. also works good with Arctic Fox.

Shit Snacks

yeah that's the point, if it's 10s limited he better not buying it. if it's 15s, that's fine. i liked autocruise on bubbler anyway, but he won't using it much if he doesn't like a bubbler ofc.. but anyway 10s is not too much imo. Imp with tubosoftware on TCR 120 works well, very well. also works good with Arctic Fox.

Yeah I agree that the auto shut-off trigger fire time and the temp control setup is the main reason to get a mod compatible with the ArcticFox or evic firmwares... Cruise/ Autofire are just a little bonus!

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom