Illinois and weed

buckhakeesah

Nice picks, curious to know what you think of each and if you'd return to purchase them. Out of that list, I haven't tried Lemon Royale or China Berry.

buckhakeesah,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Rev typically does a nice job, not all are top shelf but there are a few I’d put up against more developed states… blueberry Clem is one of those top shelf offerings from Rev.

The China berry and lemon Royale1 are good, very nice in fact. Though the flavor profiles are not quite what I anticipated. Both are a little more gassy and then citrus/fruit notes are just mildly subtle.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: scouring

Texus

Yeah Blueberry Clementine is great.

In addition to Animal Mints and Velvet Glove, I'm also digging Bedford who seem to have fixed their grow issues from late spring. Escape us killer and psyched to have Rudeboi back. Now if only we'd get return of I-95

Texus,
Reactions: scouring

scouring

Am glad for this thread. Haven’t had any of those except the Rudeboi OG, which was great. Now I have a lil shopping list.

scouring,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Whats everyone been digging into?
I'm coming though later this week... any deals around town?

FlyingLow,

Texus

Whats everyone been digging into?
I'm coming though later this week... any deals around town?
Terrible as the name is, I am really digging Dirty Squirt. Animal Mints and Velvet Glove both great.

Rev and Aeriz are usually rewarding safe bets.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What of everyone’s favorite dispensary near OHare?

sunnyside
Zenleaf
Medmen

Other?

FlyingLow,

Texus

Neither is super close but Enlightened Schaumberg or Columbia Care would be my recs. Enlightened is owned by Rev and so has tons of their strains plus a lot of Aeriz.

Columbia has less variety but often only place you can find Columbia strains (which are branded a few different ways: Columbia, 777, Seed & Strain, Classix and may be forgetting one).

Texus,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Great to know! Sounds like Enlightened is going to be met on my next visit… Ended up at a zen as I’m already in their program in St Charles so it was easy and I built up some points.

picked up a handful of new trates, will post list later….

on another note- Why doesn’t anyone talk about how shitty ozone gummies are? Ah shit those are garbage!! Gross texture and taste, and crap for effectiveness. I’m grateful wana is in Illinois.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Magic9

Texus

ZenLeaf, Curaleaf and MedMen are generally decent, but Enlightened and Columbia are where you have best chances of getting the high quality prduct that goes fast. But less an issue for concentrates than flower. For concentrates, Aeriz FSHO grams are the best deals around.

Yeah, some shit edibles out there. Wana is solid, Rev is good as is Bedford/Bhang (they are often labelled one or the other but it is a partnership on the edible side, at least for chocolate.

Texus,
Reactions: Magic9

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Mindys gummies are fucking delicious. The one time I tried OZone, they tasted like rubber. Curaleaf has 15% your first three visits. Not sure if there is one close to O'hare though. @Texus is correct. The Aeriz FSHO is a great deal. $60/g.

r/ILTREES is a pretty good resource for what's good and bad at the moment.

Magic9,

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
sorry if this has been covered, but can anybody tell me how drastic the difference in price is between medical and recreational purchases?
as in, like, i know an 1/8th is like 80 dollars rec (ridiculous) and i'm certainly qualified to be a medical patient (already vaping on doctor's orders) but does being a patient really make it that much cheaper? i'm having a hard time justifying the upfront cost...

SomnusViduus,

Texus

sorry if this has been covered, but can anybody tell me how drastic the difference in price is between medical and recreational purchases?
as in, like, i know an 1/8th is like 80 dollars rec (ridiculous) and i'm certainly qualified to be a medical patient (already vaping on doctor's orders) but does being a patient really make it that much cheaper? i'm having a hard time justifying the upfront cost...
Much cheaper via med, especially on the more highly taxed things like concentrate. But for flower, I'm paying around $60-65 per eighth. So if any tax, it is minimal.

And Dr. Lee is a great option for quickly, easily and cheaply getting that med license. You can usually have your provisional card same day.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Rev is riding the Clem strain hard. LOVED Blueberry Clementine, it set the bar high. Florida Orange is also really fruit forward with strong citrus, I find it even more terpy and almost overboard. Its yummy, but I find I like it in smaller dabs than I am used to, or if doubled up with another concentrate to dilute the sharpness of flavor.

I regrettably gave Cresco another shot with a 2g Lemon Bean. I was honestly hoping it would be closer in flavor profile to the old Lime Skunk they used to sell, but it is not. Gets me high but the flavor is not notable at all. Hardly even has a smell...

PTS Black Dog Sause - This fucker is seriously unique. Blackberry Kush X Emerald Headband, I am getting none of the berry notes described in reviews, but rather a heavy Caryophyllene - a peppery/spicy terp. Black Dog is almost licorice-like on the nose but peppery in the mouth. I do not typically favor this type of flavor profile, but I find this so unique that it is strangely appealing. Definitely one to try if you are looking for something different.

Aeriz Stawberry Jelly - was pleasantly subtle with its flavor. I really like Aeriz though it is not the biggest punch to the face, which I seek.

PTS Ha'Tuh cart - This was another nice surprise. I rarely pull carts, but this one was okay..

Texus

PTS Ha'Tuh is probably my favorite of their flower by a large margin.

Yeah, I got burned on 2g of Lemon Bean. Had been stored on its side, the more liquid parts had oozed out and only weighed in at 1.3g. Not happy at all. But high hopes for Rev Cookie Dos Live Jelly (my first time with this jelly type).

Yeah, that strawberry is on the mellower less powerful side of their line. Ice Cream Cake is probably the general fave of their strains. Tho they've got a great Herer.

And yeah, nose and flavor of a good batch of Florida Orange is outta control great.

Gonna check out that Black Dog. Has me very intrigued. Also trying to grab Peyote Cookies that is getting pretty rave reviews as concentrate.

ugotmale

'Cannabis odor' no longer probable cause to search Illinois vehicles​

A new order from Whiteside County Court ruled the smell of cannabis alone does not give police officers the authority to perform a warrantless search of vehicles in Illinois.
The decision comes after an arrest on December 3, 2020 when an Illinois State Trooper stopped a motor vehicle for speeding on Interstate 88 in rural Whiteside County.

JOHN GALT

What happened with tainted weed state regulators found last spring raises questions about regulation of the state’s booming industry and the high-priced, high-taxed products on dispensary shelves.

Last spring, Illinois dispensary workers and consumers noticed there was mold in a popular brand of pre-rolled marijuana joints.

“Numerous batches” possibly had been contaminated, state regulators said.

But the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, which regulates state-licensed marijuana dispensaries, never told the public. It didn’t warn consumers they might have bought tainted weed.

Instead, it emailed dispensary operators on May 22, quietly directing them to quarantine all Mag Landrace cannabis flower products made by Verano Holdings.

What’s in Illinois’ legal weed? Sometimes contaminants, Sun-Times testing finds​

Nearly two years and $1.9 billion in sales since recreational marijuana was legalized, consumers can’t be sure the heavily taxed legal weed they buy is free from mold, yeast and bacteria and meets the label’s promised potency, a Sun-Times investigation found.

JOHN GALT,
Top Bottom