Illinois and weed

Texus

I buy cresco stuff for one reason it's the cheapest on the menu.
Honestly, when some growers slap harder, I find it is more cost efficient to get them since smaller doses are needed to get where I want to go. Or I also hit popcorn pretty hard from the growers I like.

Texus,

strech

Honestly, when some growers slap harder, I find it is more cost efficient to get them since smaller doses are needed to get where I want to go. Or I also hit popcorn pretty hard from the growers I like.
Yeah doesn't matter for me. I can have stuff that will knock you off your socks and I'll still want to use like I usually do. It's more the habit and ritual then the need for a dose. I enjoy taking that dab and blowing clouds across the room. So to continue with that in mind I usually buy the cheaper stuff.

To be honest I've tried the higher prices stuff from different growers and none of it is worth the extra $15+ per gram. To step up to highest price tier your dropping an extra $35 per gram. That's almost double what I get the cresco stuff for on Wednesday Concentrate sale days.

strech,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
To be honest I've tried the higher prices stuff from different growers and none of it is worth the extra $15+ per gram. To step up to highest price tier your dropping an extra $35 per gram. That's almost double what I get the cresco stuff for on Wednesday Concentrate sale days.

I can totally see how a lot of folks have this attitude, especially those native to Illinois... don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s easy to tell when someone has little or no experience in other legal markets.

California and Colorado have set very high standards and you likely would feel different if you have ever tried Viola, Harmony, or other extracts of that caliber.

Texus

Yeah doesn't matter for me. I can have stuff that will knock you off your socks and I'll still want to use like I usually do. It's more the habit and ritual then the need for a dose. I enjoy taking that dab and blowing clouds across the room. So to continue with that in mind I usually buy the cheaper stuff.

I feel you on those Revolution concentrate prices for sure. But that Aeriz concentrate at $60/g is killer if you ever see it pop up. And their $60/g FSHO is so incredibly versatile. I eat it, fill a cart, and dab it.

strech

I feel you on those Revolution concentrate prices for sure. But that Aeriz concentrate at $60/g is killer if you ever see it pop up. And their $60/g FSHO is so incredibly versatile. I eat it, fill a cart, and dab it.
I have picked up those FSHO I agree they are very versatile.

I can totally see how a lot of folks have this attitude, especially those native to Illinois... don’t take this the wrong way, but it’s easy to tell when someone has little or no experience in other legal markets.

California and Colorado have set very high standards and you likely would feel different if you have ever tried Viola, Harmony, or other extracts of that caliber.
If you say so. But let's be real I highly doubt it. Sure taste will be a bit different and can have a clear winner. But when. We are talking effects from thc. Your body doesn't know the difference from $40 cresco dabs or $70 top shelf. High is high.

strech,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ever consider your body is simply not experienced enough?

There are SOOO many cannabinoids come into play, it aint just about THC... You definitely speak as if you have not travelled.

Illinois concentrates are simply shitty in comparison with regards to both effect AND taste.

Last edited:
FlyingLow,

strech

80501.jpeg

Guess you know my body and my usages better then myself. Come down off your pedestal. You always seem to talk down and try to make yourself out like a wealth of knowledge. It really makes you look like a snob and you just don't have that kind of clout.

I will gladly sit down a dab anything you want to say is top of the crop. But guess what I'll use the same amount either way that's just how I am. Been using for decades and dabbing for almost 1. So yes I can say without a doubt I will use the same amount. Doesn't matter if it's from mars, california, or Illinois.

Last edited:

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Picked up a couple things last week for my first dispensary purchase. A 1/4oz of bio chem pop corn nugs for 80 bucks and a gram of gorilla glue crumble for 60.... Add 40 bucks in taxes 🙄. Pretty good stuff ain't going to lie but next time I'm going east to see what michigan has to offer, their prices are definitely cheaper..... For example, I can get 4 1g oil cartridges for $100 +tax... Illinois had them for 100 bucks each +tax..... Insane. I can get to the closest illinois dispensary in 20 minutes, michigan is an hour and a half so not too bad either. Aside from the prices I really love all these different choices..... My street dealers are weak and the older I get, the harder it is to find one.... At my age all the dealers I knew are either retired from the game or in jail.... Sadly.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Silly me, you're right. Illinois has the best concentrates, better than anywhere else in the world. Nowhere could there possibly be a better, more developed marketplace with better product- as a better product does not exist beyond our state line. :lmao::rofl::lmao:

FlyingLow,

strech

Silly me, you're right. Illinois has the best concentrates, better than anywhere else in the world. Nowhere could there possibly be a better, more developed marketplace with better product- as a better product does not exist beyond our state line. :lmao::rofl::lmao:
Obviously your not good at following along in a conversation.

My statement of cresco is bought cause it's cheap doest say anything about taste or quality. I even stated that taste is going to be the bigger difference then effects. But your flyinglow so we all can't be at your low level. Have a good night it seems you need it.

strech,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Picked up a couple things last week for my first dispensary purchase. A 1/4oz of bio chem pop corn nugs for 80 bucks and a gram of gorilla glue crumble for 60.... Add 40 bucks in taxes 🙄. Pretty good stuff ain't going to lie but next time I'm going east to see what michigan has to offer, their prices are definitely cheaper..... For example, I can get 4 1g oil cartridges for $100 +tax... Illinois had them for 100 bucks each +tax..... Insane. I can get to the closest illinois dispensary in 20 minutes, michigan is an hour and a half so not too bad either. Aside from the prices I really love all these different choices..... My street dealers are weak and the older I get, the harder it is to find one.... At my age all the dealers I knew are either retired from the game or in jail.... Sadly.
I have been tempted to try out the Michigan market but the drive is somewhat prohibitive. At least I don't think they will have cops trolling the parking lot looking for border crossers as both states are legal. If they DO they will likely be Indiana cops. The Wisc/Ill border in another story entirely.
Have any recommendations of stores not too far from Ill border?

And you guys up there. Please leave your dicks in your pants... :lol:

cybrguy,
Reactions: Shrike

strech

I have been tempted to try out the Michigan market but the drive is somewhat prohibitive. At least I don't think they will have cops trolling the parking lot looking for border crossers as both states are legal. If they DO they will likely be Indiana cops. The Wisc/Ill border in another story entirely.
Have any recommendations of stores not too far from Ill border?

And you guys up there. Please leave your dicks in your pants... :lol:
Might consider the Amtrak. My SIL takes one from the chicago to Lansing every Saturday and catches the Sunday return trip. She goes for her BF not Pot.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oooo, that is an interesting idea. I live very near a Metra station. I will have to look into that. I used to love taking the train.

I have been thinking about driving as it has been many years since I rounded that bend at the bottom of the lake. As a child my folks had a place in Union Pier MI, but I was just a passenger. Looking at the map I realize there is a 30 mile or so stretch through Indiana, so it is perfectly possible to get tagged by Indiana police making the drive less attractive than it might be otherwise. I may be being paranoid, but I know how police departments love to fund themselves with wayward travelers money. Can't tell you how many times I got speeding tickets in Nebraska heading back and forth to the west. They would accompany me to the mailbox to send in my tribute...

cybrguy,

strech

I know I know a cop can pull over just about anyone he wants. But if your not speeding, staying on the main hwy, and have everything on the car in good standing (lights, tags, no broken windshield etc..) you generally are good to travel freely. Remember a cop needs cause to pull you over. They normally don't just pick a car and go fishing. As usual your mileage here can vary.

If you are stopped don't give them a reason to search the vehicle. No using on the ride and keep it all put away out of site.

Remember 1,000's of cars drive in indiana everyday from Il and MI everyday. Unless you stick yourself out you should be fine.

It is about an hour trip through Indiana so judge the risk on your own level of comfort. Personally I've driven across indiana many times. The only time I was ever really concerned was bring fireworks back to illinois!!

strech,
Just for the sake of conversation what are the opinions of the best brands for flower in IL? I recently broke out of my Rythm streak and picked up grassroots MAC. Quite pleased overall with the taste/aroma and overall effect.

strech

I haven't tried much of any flower but did get a free gram sample of some justice grown stuff. I forget what strain but it was tasty and vaped up well.

I have nothing but BM and homegrown to compare it too.

strech,

scouring

Just for the sake of conversation what are the opinions of the best brands for flower in IL? I recently broke out of my Rythm streak and picked up grassroots MAC. Quite pleased overall with the taste/aroma and overall effect.

tl;dr I'm still trying to figure this out as well for my own tastes. I'm leaning Revolution with some faves from GTI.

Reddit iltrees seems to be an astroturfing war and haven't found a reviewer elsewhere that resonates with what I like.

I've purchased the most Revolution and Rythm. Rythm has consistently had the tastier/louder strains, but I don't respond well to some of their strains. Their Bubba Fett, Cherry Alien OG, and DoSiDos for example give me this kind of head-high feeling I dun like, and they both share it. That said, their Kosher Kush, Black Afghan, and Jack Herer are all winners in my book.

Loved that Grassroots MAC, but had some other 1g that was just terrible dry hay. Have stayed away.

Revolution is more complicated. Would pick up their DoSiDos F2, Gorilla'd Cheese, and King Crasher on sight. Not so much so for their Royal Wedding.

Even Blackberry Web has a place for me sometimes when I'm having a really hard time.

Trying to dive into more Aeriz and Bedford Grow right now. The latter's Rudeboi OG was hot.

scouring,

Texus

My top 3 are
1) Aeriz (highlights: a killer Jack Herer, MAC1, Ice Cream Cake)
2) Bedford Grow (highlights: I-95, Rudeboi, High Fructose Corn Syrup)
3) Revolution (highlights: Grilled Cheeze, Florida Orange, Bermuda OG - the gassiest Rev I have had and underappreciated).

Tho note that Rev has recently been a bit inconsistent. Hear good things about most recent batch of the Grilled Cheese tho.

Also a shoutout to the excellent, versatile and more affordable $60 grams of Aeriz FSHO.

Texus,
Reactions: Rab42

strech

Also a shoutout to the excellent, versatile and more affordable $60 grams of Aeriz FSHO.
I'll 2nd. These things are nice to have around. But you have to make sure you get the gram ones. At least at my dispensary cause the half's are $40.

strech,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
A local disp has the gram size of GG4 from these guys. Do you just put it in a refillible cart? Do they usually have empties at the disp or will I need to get one online? I am new to FSHO, or any concentrate in a syringe.

cybrguy,

Texus

A local disp has the gram size of GG4 from these guys. Do you just put it in a refillible cart? Do they usually have empties at the disp or will I need to get one online? I am new to FSHO, or any concentrate in a syringe.
You can fill carts (CCell ones are easy to find once you start looking. If not at dispensaries try vape shops.), or eat it on something, administer under your tongue or dab it. You'll get used to the syringe for administering.

Texus,
Reactions: cybrguy

strech

I also put some on flower and stuck it in my vapes. I also have put some on rolling papers for joints.

strech,
Reactions: cybrguy
Top Bottom