Illinois and weed

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
VPM.com has apparently shut their doors (for now at least) due to the PACT act. Any other favored vendors for empty carts? Do the dispensaries usually carry them at reasonable prices? That GG4 FSHO is calling my name out loud.

cybrguy,

strech

VPM.com has apparently shut their doors (for now at least) due to the PACT act. Any other favored vendors for empty carts? Do the dispensaries usually carry them at reasonable prices? That GG4 FSHO is calling my name out loud.
I've tried that one it's very nice. Lava cake is just as nice.

strech,
Reactions: cybrguy

Texus

I've liked these PCKT carts. Be sure to get the right connection. They have 510 and what I think is their proprietary magnetic connection.

But I think that vape shops locally should probably have empty carts available.

Texus,
Reactions: cybrguy

strech

Nice easy to use tool. My scale doesn't go low enough so not usually useful for me.

strech,
Reactions: Rab42

scouring

Which brands *aren't* from multi-state operations? Bonus for minority-owned producers. My google-fu just doesn't cut through the obfuscation here.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Got some of the Aeriz FSHO (GG4) yesterday and I like it. I had a little taste because I got a little on my fingers and that was pretty nasty tasting, but vaped from a cart it is kinda tasty, and quite effective. They had no blank carts so I went looking for a smoke shop for one.

That is when I discovered that many if not most of the smoke shops that had opened around me in the last couple years have closed up. I never went into them cause I didn't need them but it seemed like they were opening up on every commercial block and all had obnoxious LED window lighting. Obviously it was just too many stores for the amount of local business.

On my forth attempt I found a guy who overcharged me on a blank cart, but I was done "shopping" by that time and just paid it. Its not a great one but it works fine so far.

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The prices around here are still nuts. Even on 420 there is little if anything I am willing to buy from a dispensary. Sad.

If any of the city dispensaries have some decent deals shout them out. I'll drive for better pricing...

cybrguy,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'd drive for better pricing... and also would drive further for better quality.

I am in the suburbs, there are few options in my immediate area.

FlyingLow,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There are 2 dispensaries that I drive by almost daily, but it hardly even matters at these prices. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy it is legal now as I have been watching my back for 50 + years and don't really have to anymore. But I am still a black market buyer and likely will be for the foreseeable future. And that is kinda sad.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My choices are usually between Verilife and Zenleaf.
Wondering if I should wander a little further to Windy City, Sunnyside or Rise.

FlyingLow,

strech

Sunnyside is usually hit or miss with sales. Depends on what you like personally they seem to discount stuff I don't buy. The have some items at 20% off. From their email

Prep for our favorite cannabis holiday with 20% off flower, vapes, accessories, chocolates, concentrates, pre-rolls, and more!
Their menu at sunnyside.shop is always updated and current. Plus I think if your rec they want you to pre order. Not 100 on that but best to check before you make the drive.

I picked up today from columbia care. They had new patients $30 off. Plus they had some concentrates at $45 per gram. Which seems to be the lowest I've found in the city.

The herbal care center sent me a text saying they will announce sales tomorrow at 8 am. Current sales sheet can be found on their website.

Texus

D33 has some pretty great Rev flower right now that is 10% off, and their concentrates are 20%, including some killer Aeriz China Berry Diamonds. and Sauce. https://menu.dispensary33.com/

Also: While it may be hard to find, and isn't going to be on sale where I got it, HIGHLY recommend the new Wedding Sherb and Cookie Crasher by Rev. Some of the best I've had in the state. Worth searching for on I Heart Jane.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Forgot to update after my last visit, I enjoyed trying a few more.
There were some hit or miss picks:

• PTS Mandarin Triangle Kush
  • Rev Royal Wedding
  • Verano SupaGlu
  • Craft BlueClem
  • Natures Grace&Wellness Mandarin Cookies
To my surprise, the SupaGlu packed a great punch from Verano. Craft finally impressed me with a pungent flavor forward BluClem. The offerings from Revolution and Natures Grace were okay but not mind blowing. I was probably least impressed with PTS Mandarin Triangle Kush, partly because I was really excited for it, partly because it was somewhat flavorless. I tend to put a little BluClem on these dabs to brighten things up.

This was all a few months ago.
I imagine everyone has new seasonal stock in.
Whats good at your local dispensaries?

strech

My local shop has had Bedford grow crumbles as the cheapest option. I've tried a bunch of different flavors. None really stick out much Mint cakes, GG4, Rollins, and green line og are what's in the current line up. I also have the green line OG in live sugar from Cresco I've used it only in edibles so can't say much about it's

strech,
Reactions: scouring

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The pricing at Illinois dispensaries has not really started to come down, probably because a critical mass of available locations has not yet taken place and competition has not driven prices down. Meanwhile lawsuits continue to delay efforts to get "social equity" licenses distributed and new stores opened. And out of state players are trying to muscle in on Illinois efforts to keep ownership in Illinois citizens hands. So much for the "love" and "peace" that drove cannabis is the 60s. Now it's "show me the money". What a surprise.

scouring

Rev’s gg#4 is great euphoric stony but mentally energizing. Fuck me though, it is so harsh. What gives, is this just how some strains are? Am lucky to not cough, and I’m dynavaping (ti tip + low temp cap) through water. I even threw in a 62% pack for a few weeks, cause I thought maybe it didn’t cure enough. It’s almost like it makes hotter vapor? Any ideas on what is contributing to this?

scouring,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've not tried any of Rev's flowers, but I do tend to like the last few live sugars I have picked up from them... I was visiting this week and ran through ZenLeaf St Charles. Will post up my shopping cart when I get a chance, but I got some real GAS!

What terp profile is responsible for diesel/gas smells?

buckhakeesah

I've not tried any of Rev's flowers, but I do tend to like the last few live sugars I have picked up from them... I was visiting this week and ran through ZenLeaf St Charles. Will post up my shopping cart when I get a chance, but I got some real GAS!

What terp profile is responsible for diesel/gas smells?
Myrcene I believe. Starting to really enjoy the spectrum of gas from different flowers. Too many to try.

buckhakeesah,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Recent pick ups include Cherry Gorilla and Mag Landrace from Verano, Lemon Royale from Grassroots (awful messy packaging), Cookie Dos from Revolution, and China Berry from Aeriz.

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom