• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Illinois and weed

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Prices are definitely 2-3x higher compared to the western states but inline with much of the midwest and same or even cheaper than east coast states.

Same prices as blackmarket pre-legalization for flower ($60-65/eighth). But now at least I can know a flower is quality, the strain it says it is, and won't be getting given shake instead of buds, worrying about the shadiness, etc. I am happy that it is at least not higher than blackmarket prices (for now).

Illinois is a state of greed, so I don't know if prices will come down soon. It is what it is. $65/eighth with no bulk discounts (sometimes shake or popcorn will come in 1/4 or 1/2oz at a fair/cheaper price) makes me sad when I can drive to Denver CO and get 2oz of a crazy selection for far cheaper, even factoring in gas costs stinks, but at least we finally have something local!

Medical cannabis is easy to come by. But before I got medical card, recreational was a joke. A dispensary would often not even have flower for rec patients, all the flower would only be available to be sold to medical. And if flower was available, it was not even a handful of strains. Again, all the flower stock would only be available to be sold to medicinal patients only. That is the biggest BS, IMO, since they had so much flower in stock but hoarded it for medical, when they didn't have the medical demand for the amount of flower and strains they reserved.

Last edited:
3dfx-glide,
Reactions: Magic9

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
So I've been to the dispensary twice with my provisional medical card. Super awesome to pull up in the parking lot, and have them run a bag full of goodies out to us. Also nice to save on the taxes. The downside, and I hate to say this, the flower is mids. Hopefully with the new licenses coming, it will get better. Both price and quality.

Compared to what I was getting from out west, Illinois flower just isn't worth the price. Even at medical prices. It looks good. But quick dried, little smell, decent potency, clean but bland taste. The good news is we can grow our own. Currently looking for a new house with a little extra room to do so. I've had 4 strains from three different companies. I haven't tried what's supposed to be the best (Revolution) yet due to the dispo not having anything by them.

strech

I have yet to try flower from the shops yet. With BM product available at better prices and acceptable quality I use the shops for edibles and concentrates.

strech,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
The downside, and I hate to say this, the flower is mids.

I have to revise this. A company called Aeriz has some flower worth the ticket. Ice Cream Cake and Cake Breath are more of what I was expecting quality wise. Aeriz, Revolution, and Curative/Columbia Care seem to be the ones worthy of the price. I did have some decent Cresco product. Not as good as the Aeriz, but better than some others.

Magic9,
Reactions: Morty

strech

Local dispensary was handing these out today. If anyone is still looking for a doc recommendation.

strech,

Krazy

As an X Illinoisan I'm glad you have dispensaries. Sorry to hear about the cost.

Here in NM >25% is still running $10g for flowers.

Krazy,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Got some Lime Sorbet from Cresco. Pretty good strain. Might be worth the medical price.

Magic9,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What is the state of Delivery in Illinois right now? The last article I found referencing the topic was from back in February.

I am coming through for a work trip this week but will not have any availability during business hours to get to my regular shop.

FlyingLow,

strech

Only delivery I know of is black market.

Most Shops have easy online order but still have to do onsite pick up.

strech,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Many shops are open until 8:00PM (latest I think), but I don't think legitimate delivery is yet available here.

Just looked through list and a couple in the city are later. I saw one open till 9:00 and one till 8:30. 8:00 is latest I know of in the burbs.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Rab42

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Cresco sucks... Illinois needs more players. Particularly those with the skillset to produce better concentrate products. Nowhere near the quality and flavors found out west.

Costs are still fucking stupid.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Rab42

strech

They going to have to give out some golden tickets soon. The monopoly is going to end.

strech,
Reactions: cybrguy

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Illinois should be embarrassed Cresco even made that list.

SHAMEFUL!!

LOL, I do hope access to some of those other brands improves- now I at least know what to hunt for when in town. THANK YOU!

FlyingLow,

strech

I tried each one of these. Was not super impressed with any of em. I just a user but I would expect much more from a "Cup" winner.
  1. Gorilla Glue #4 Budder — Revolution Craft
  2. Jenny Kush Live Resin Budder — Aeriz
  3. Blueberry Headband Live Sugar — Grassroots Cannabis

strech,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have a few cresco items. Bio Jesus live sugar is my fav.

I got this one as well... I thought the bio jesus live sugar to be nearly completely flavorless and lacking punch. The badder/wax variant was a little gassier but still not something I'd seek again.

FlyingLow,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do agree there, but out of curiosity do you have experience with any Cali or Colorado brands?
Your head will spin if you get your hands on Lives from Viola, Harmony, Binske, etc.

IMO Cresco falls so far short in the flavor category, and we got and tried everything they offered on the menu. This visit, I got the BioJesus Live Sugar, the BioJesus Live Budder, and the Lime Skunk Live Budder; these were the only three concentrates offered at this location. The Lime Skunk is the only one that does shine a little on the flavor side and I'd have gotten all LimeSkunk budder if I were to do it again. It's citrus is mild but very noticeable and pleasant. The BioJesus budder is a bit on the gassy side by comparison, but not overwhelming. The BioJesus Sugar just seemed plain by comparison to the others.

I did get the Cresco flower as well, but have not tried it yet... it looks great but I admit I am tempted to just press it! Picked up the BioJesus, LimeSorbet, and GreenLineOG. Need to get to them while still fresh. They really stepped up their packaging game with these glass jars.

FlyingLow,

strech

Only legal stuff I've tried was here in Illinois.

I have no idea where some of the black market stuff came from. It usually always had stickers on it saying california though.

Top Bottom