• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Illinois and weed

Gunky

Oh, it WOULD definitely make more sense AND be more fair. It's just not gonna happen.

This CAN happen, so I am glad it's happening. We'll see how it works out.

Added: The people who prospered the most were the cartels. If you can find a way to get them to pay up I'm all in.
I was thinking, for ex, of grabbing any monies earmarked for police in joint civil forfeitures and using that instead of or in addition to tax monies. They've been seizing/stealing millions of dollars. Some of it is impossible for the original owners to claw back. That should go back to these communities.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I would rather see the policy of civil forfeitures eliminated rather than just applying them to programs we might approve of more. They are nothing but legal (in their view) theft and should stop. In many, maybe most cases they aren't even returned to people who are subsequently deemed innocent unless you have (and can afford) a really good lawyer.

Gunky

Me too but there is a lot of dough, cars, etc already in the pipeline which is never going back to private owners. That can and should be clawed back from the cops. Certainly before you take it out of the hide of cannabis consumers.

Gunky,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
They have taken the pressboard off the windows at my newly opened local dispensary. They must believe the fans are finally cleaned of all the shit.
I hope they are right. Corovavirus is enough to have to deal with, glad to pass on the violence.

CybrGuy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The Holdup Delaying People of Color from Profiting from Legal Pot

Amanda Vinicky | July 16, 2020 8:07 pm

The coronavirus pandemic has put a dent in many businesses, but not so for the fledgling marijuana industry.
A sign of high sales: In the six months that cannabis has been legal for all adults in Illinois, the state this week announced that it has taken in more than $52 million in taxes.
Anyone who has paid that tax on recreational weed has more than likely bought it from a dispensary owned by a white man, which means that entrepreneurs of color are thus missing out on the profits, despite a social equity commitment built into the law.
A new set of 75 dispensary licenses, judged in part on social equity factors, was to have been awarded by May 1, but has been indefinitely delayed due to the coronavirus.
Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Wednesday reaffirmed his commitment to social equity, and said he expects that “action” will be taken within six weeks, but did not elaborate on whether that means licenses will finally be awarded. Crain’s Chicago Business reports that due to parliamentary rules and the need for a legislative commission to enact an emergency measure in the likely event of a tiebreaker, licensing news may not come until mid-to-late September.
The process for awarding licenses to craft cannabis growers, transporters and infusers is likewise delayed.
Meanwhile, however, some 700 applicants that spent thousands of dollars to complete hundreds of pages of applications, continue to wait.
“Those folks are now basically standing idly by. They might have leases for property, they might be trying to figure out where their financing comes from in a market like this and they might also be trying to figure out if they can hold on to the same team members that they had when they were building out their teams almost a year ago,” said Ron Holmes, a partner at The Majority-Minority Group LLC, a cannabis application consultant company. “Certainly, people are grumbling. Doubt is starting to seep in about the integrity of this process. Again, it’s really tough for these individuals because they’re also applying for a license from the state which means that they might have apprehension about saying these things outwardly.”
Despite that anxiety and frustration, state Rep. Emanuel “Chris” Welch, D-Westchester, said the Pritzker administration should consider slowing down the process if it needs to in order to assure that license applicants that purport to be Black-owned actually are.
“That these are not people that are just shilling for other corporations and things of that nature, and we know that that has happened because we’ve seen it happen in other states. I think it would be an embarrassment on the administration and a slap in the face of our Black Caucus who fought hard for it, and, of course, to real owners who may get rejected if this isn’t vetted properly,” Welch said.
He suggests adding teeth to the law, such as requiring applicants or those poised to win licenses to sign sworn affidavits about ownership, a breach of which could be punishable by a fine or criminal penalty.
Welch said he believes Pritzker has tools to include such protections, but he is also preparing legislation that the General Assembly could take up during its planned veto session in November.
Given the healthy market for recreational pot, Welch said there’s no reason to believe a further pause will ward off landlords or investors.
“This is an industry that’s going to continue to grow, and we don’t want to be left out. We don’t want to rush and get it wrong and have us left out on the sidelines like we have been left out historically in systems because of systematic failure in the past,” he said. “This is an opportunity to create Black wealth. Real Black wealth. And I don’t want to rush and get it wrong. I want to take the time and get it right and create some new Black millionaires in our state.”
Welch said the movement spurred by the killing of George Floyd means the nation is at a “watershed moment.”
“The governor’s office could certainly delay awarding those applications at such an important moment in our nation’s history and our state’s history. We can’t fail at this moment,” he said.

6Pence

30 to 50% increase over what? The prices have been high, but I haven't seen much of an increase from when it first went legal.
Pre rolls at my Dispensary and the other surrounding ones have gone from $10 or $12 to $20 and even $20+.
rso has gone from $50 to $65, wax has also gone up $15. Flower has stayed relatively the same.
Edibles Have gone from $20 to $30+.
and on top of it the prerolls are now lighter. They used to be a gram, now most are .75 of a gram. So they get you there too.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think the taxes have gone up here in Illinois. A $64 .5g oil cart is now selling for $90.40 out the door. That is a little nutso. I think I paid $82 or so last time.

Makes my BM guy happy, tho. He has increased his prices a little, and I think the crazy dispensary prices are the reason he feels he can get away with it. And, of course, he gives me a better deal if my order is larger and I don't think the same is the case in the stores.

Tranquility

I think the taxes have gone up here in Illinois. A $64 .5g oil cart is now selling for $90.40 out the door. That is a little nutso. I think I paid $82 or so last time.

Makes my BM guy happy, tho. He has increased his prices a little, and I think the crazy dispensary prices are the reason he feels he can get away with it. And, of course, he gives me a better deal if my order is larger and I don't think the same is the case in the stores.
Those prices are crazy. In CA, that would be the price of a full gram of a quality oil cart. 1/2 grams are around $35 with some up to $45 and some down to $25 at a quality dispensary. I bought a "jelly"once and that was 1/2 for about $60 but they use virgins to massage the flower as it grows or something so it was worth it. (Not really. It was terpy but not much better than the usual carts and certainly not worth twice the price.)

Tranquility,
Reactions: macbill

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Last black market purchase I made came with mites. It was cheaper than the dispensary, but now I'm stuck with it. I'm afraid I'm now going to have to pay those sky high prices in order to keep my shit clean.

Anyone know if dispensary shake is worth the price?

Magic9,
Reactions: 6Pence

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I decided to get my card. I found a physician that did a video chat with me and signed my recommendation. Took all of five minutes. I won't link them here, but if you want more info, shoot me a pm.

Now I have to jump through the application hoops. Passport photo, proof of residency, etc. Worth it for the amount of taxes I'll save though.

6Pence

I decided to get my card. I found a physician that did a video chat with me and signed my recommendation. Took all of five minutes. I won't link them here, but if you want more info, shoot me a pm.

Now I have to jump through the application hoops. Passport photo, proof of residency, etc. Worth it for the amount of taxes I'll save though.
Hey could you please pass on the info for the doctor? My cousins is in bad shape and can’t afford the $1000 I paid in total to get it done. Much appreciated if you can.

6Pence,
Reactions: Magic9

strech

I called Dr. Consalter on a Friday afternoon and was able to set up a next day appointment. Saturday about an hour of so before my appointment his staff called and got me rolling on paperwork for the state. Doc called a bit late but when is a doctor ever on time. Called lasted about 5 minutes and I was on my way. Staff then helped me with payment and completing my state paperwork. Submit everything and Sunday afternoon I had a provisional license in hand. All in all easy process.

All in both doc note and state fees I am in it $500 or so with a 3 year card.

strech,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I looked into Dr. Consalter, but he wanted to meet in person if i recall correctly. Plus my doc only charges $150. Less with certain discounts.

Magic9,

strech

I looked into Dr. Consalter, but he wanted to meet in person if i recall correctly. Plus my doc only charges $150. Less with certain discounts.
Telemed for me. I called and did my appointment in early June. Website says telemedicine real big at the top so I'll assume he is still doing em that way.

I'm sure you can find a cheap doc if you searched around or had a relationship with one currently. He worked well for what I needed and wanted in a doctor visit. His rate was reasonable enough. Cheaper then innovative wellness who I called before Consalter. Who also wanted 3 appointments before issuing a recommendation.

strech,
Reactions: 6Pence

6Pence

That’s how mine was done three visits and he said he denied more people than he approved. He said if I hadn’t brought in my medical records he would have denied me.

Telemed for me. I called and did my appointment in early June. Website says telemedicine real big at the top so I'll assume he is still doing em that way.

I'm sure you can find a cheap doc if you searched around or had a relationship with one currently. He worked well for what I needed and wanted in a doctor visit. His rate was reasonable enough. Cheaper then innovative wellness who I called before Consalter. Who also wanted 3 appointments before issuing a recommendation.

6Pence,
Reactions: Magic9

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I got my provisional letter so I assume my application went through. That's a fucking load off my mind.

Any one know how long before they usually mail out the actual cards? And has anyone used Greenhouse in Mokena? That's where I designated since it's closest.

Magic9,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom