• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

i heard this thing works - anyone know if it could improve weed tastes - or am i high

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
This was on TV last night, you can blend red wine to accelerate the breathing process.

I don't drink alcohol so is of no interest to me...apart from the science involved...

I can't see any benifit from putting herb in there, if anything I think the ultrasonic waves will rupture or otherwise damage the glandular heads....

I have an ultrasonic humidifier, I will put a nug on the ultrasonic pad later (no water of course), and let you know...

Edit:- upon thinking more, what if I put an uncured nug on there??? Would the waves remove any water molecules??? I doubt it, but don't know???

cloudsosmoke

sorry if this is dark .. i think its cos if you cut and paste you get the black type on white background reversed

WHY THE SONIC DECANTER WORKS

During the traditional time-intensive aging process of wine, reactions of various molecules occur in the wine. Molecules change due to the interaction between each other. In wine aging only low level reactions occur during the natural process.
However with application of ultrasound energy the molecules tend to interact, attach, and change their molecular properties.
Ultrasound is a well understood method, which is already widely used in the food industry due to its mild application but significant effects on the product. When used on wine the Sonic Decanter® promotes further extraction of flavors, aromas and mouth feel from interactions among phenolics and anthocyanins which results in smoother more integrated mouth feel and a smooth, flavorful lingering finish.
When using the Sonic Decanter®, wine becomes a more homogeneous liquid with improved sensory characteristics and an improved open bottle “shelf life” in a very short time of treatment. Using the Sonic Decanter® allows for a more energetic reaction between the molecules and thus a more complete molecular change. In addition the natural gases including oxygen and sulfur dioxide (SO2) are expelled from the bottle, pH is reduced and other components are modified.

cloudsosmoke,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That's all very well and thanks for elaborating on that, but your original question as to whether this could be benificial to us as vaper's what interests me...
What are your thoughts on this... will it only work with liquids???

What happens if I put reclaim oil in it???

cloudsosmoke

apologies - i should have said in first post - im not really that science savvy

- i spose i have a wild hope that someone with more science than me will post a favorable expert opinion

a sort of

'yes - great idea'
or
'no - not even close'

truth be told - i also saw it on tv few mths ago - dara o'briain future food ..they had a top of the range michelin starred chef (who ought to know) - she reckoned it was worth trying ..for wine that is

(also dont really drink - for me - weed is just obviously better)

they tried it with random ppl - it split 50/50 whether they preferred it

and yes as far as i know only liquids - i think the frequency matters ..so not sure if humidifier would be right for job - but it sounds like fun to find out
unless of course it tastes worse..

Last edited:
cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: kellya86

zor

I've used sonicators in a bio lab for certain types of sample preparations, I don't see how application of this technology, as described, would change the flavor of cannabis.

The desirable flavors in wine come from a variety of compounds and conditions; exposure to oxygen, "breathing" the wine, can help bring out some of these flavors as can proper storage, aging, temperature, etc. I don't know enough of the science behind wine tasting and gastronomy but sonicating as a means to accelerate the "breathing" process could make sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the flavors that come from cannabis are mostly from the terpenes and desirable flavor does not come from the interaction with other molecules or compounds, so I'm not sure what sonicating would actually do.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ah, that's not what we want then...

Doesn't look like there is a suitable use for this in the cannabis world then...
Oh well...

OF

I am interested in if it can be used to assist purging of bho or other concentrate...would it speed up the evaporation process and remove the need for any heat???

@OF , @herbivore21 and ideas on this???

I assume you meant "any ideas on this".

Well, yep I do. Save your money. Ultrasonics means 'very fast, faster than you can hear', typically 40,000 times a second. Concentrates move in hours/days kinds of time, not tiny fractions of a second. In an ultrasonic sink/cleaner such thick liquids behave as solids. Nobody moves at the atomic level relative to anyone else.

In the larger picture, clever way to separate the ill informed from their money. "During the traditional time-intensive aging process of wine, reactions of various molecules occur in the wine. Molecules change due to the interaction between each other. In wine aging only low level reactions occur during the natural process." indeed. All us true winos know aging is a result of the wood in the keg it's aged in. Once bottled, aging basically stops. As long as air is excluded, nothing changes. Red wines 'breathe' (oxidize) a bit on their way to being vinegar (what happens if you don't exclude air).

Looked at the other way, if it worked Gallo would be doing it? If a simple process could improve the wine sold.......

Save your money is my advice.

OF

I wonder if it works for bourbon?! I like to let my good chit "breathe" a bit before consumption...

nondarb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom