How do you consume your "Already Vaped Bud" (AVB)?

nodrog

So now that I'm vaping weed, I'm generating quite a bit of AVB.

I've made an extract with coconut oil and a tincture with Everclear (both using a "magic butter" machine). These work fine.

But I like things simple, so I recently tried just consuming some straight AVB. It's already decarboxylated as a result of being vaped and it's already ground due to preparation for vaping. I've been trying 3-4 teaspoons of ground AVB. It doesn't taste great, but it's the absolutely simplest way to consume my AVB, and most importantly, works GREAT! I could bake, extract, etc, but just frickin' EATING a few teaspoons seems to be as effective. But I'm weird. I know that. (I also love kava, which has a horrible taste.)

lwien

Steel Cut Oatmeal

Recipe:

Bring to boil 1 cup of either soy milk, regular milk or almond milk (I use soy) and 1/2 cup of water.
Pour in 1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal.

Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes with intermittent stirring to desired thickness.....uncovered.

While simmering, slice up one banana into empty bowl. Add in a handful of either 10 large blackberries or a couple handfuls of blueberries or both. Sprinkle in a teaspoon or two of cinnamon.

When oatmeal has reached desired thickness, add in 2 grams of ABV (my ABV is a chocolate brown color) to oatmeal in pot, and stir............immediately remove from heat and pour oatmeal/abv mixture over the banana's/berries and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top a handful or two of chopped walnut pieces on top.

Toss and stir to mix things up.

Enjoy........Not only did it get me totally blitzed within an hour and kept me there for another six, it's a really healthy AND tasty way to get there.

But.........if ya don't like oatmeal, here's a BUNCH of other recipes, 577 threads worth....
http://fuckcombustion.com/forums/cooking-with-cannabis.10/

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
Peace all!

QWET, air-dry most of the alcohol off first if desired, decarb in ss conatiner that is sitting in a 250F veg oil bath.

Run until all bubbles cease, syringe into caps. (See Skunk Pharm Decarboxylation Thread)

RSO saved my life once already, and yet I *suck* at keeping up with this. A couple of other hints from the universe lately, and now thise thread...my abv isn't going to sit long now.

Although I may have to try lwien's cookie recipe. At least once. Or twice...

:peace:

Peace!

MoltenTiger

I read a good recipe on reddit a while back, yet to try it but there were a few reports of it working better than other options.

A peanut butter, nutella, ice-cream, ABV thickshake.

First, put spoonfuls of peanut butter and nutella into a bowl, microwave, then tip in ABV and stir.
Scrape into a blender, add ice-cream to taste.
Blend
Drink

nodrog

I read a good recipe on reddit a while back, yet to try it but there were a few reports of it working better than other options.

A peanut butter, nutella, ice-cream, ABV thickshake.

First, put spoonfuls of peanut butter and nutella into a bowl, microwave, then tip in ABV and stir.
Scrape into a blender, add ice-cream to taste.
Blend
Drink

Right. Easy (although, I'm vegan, so I'd make it with nondairy ingredients). And really not any different that what I've been doing -- just mixing a few teaspoons into a glass of water, or rolling with a little coconut oil, and chugging. I like simplicity. I've totally thought about just sprinkling AVB on the peanut butter in a standard-issue PB&J.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I also like to eat plain ABV. I microdose about .03-.05 grams every few hours. I find it helps a lot with anxiety and I get no "stoned" feeling at all which is nice. I've posted about this in the anxiety thread before.

Of course it's possible to eat a lot and get really stoned too, nothing wrong with that either. Whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote...

MoltenTiger

Right. Easy (although, I'm vegan, so I'd make it with nondairy ingredients). And really not any different that what I've been doing -- just mixing a few teaspoons into a glass of water, or rolling with a little coconut oil, and chugging. I like simplicity. I've totally thought about just sprinkling AVB on the peanut butter in a standard-issue PB&J.
apparently PB is especially good, because the oils contained within it can absorb the actives from the ABV. I am unsure if this is legitimately beneficial in the process, but from what I've read some people have found it to help.

Perhaps you could find a sorbet with a flavour profile that compliments peanut butter

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: OldOyler

ginolicious

I also like to eat plain ABV. I microdose about .03-.05 grams every few hours. I find it helps a lot with anxiety and I get no "stoned" feeling at all which is nice. I've posted about this in the anxiety thread before.

Of course it's possible to eat a lot and get really stoned too, nothing wrong with that either. Whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote...

Really eh? That's one of my concerns in consuming AVB. The anxiety factor. And you have found a way around it.

I still rather use as a filler for shatter with my kief.

Farid

I compost it. There's nothing else worth extracting when I'm done vaping it. Even after a water cure it just looks and smells like a nasty dark brown sludge, so I have no use for it.

Any wasted THC is negligible. I have never had positive experience eating vaped bud. I've eaten half vaped bud and that has a strong effect, but when I fully vaped weed it's just an exercise in not gagging.

OldOyler

There's nothing else worth extracting when I'm done vaping it. Even after a water cure it just looks and smells like a nasty dark brown sludge, so I have no use for it.
Peace farid!

Hey bud, have you ever just soaked it in high-proof alcohol for 5 minutes (some folks can't do this, I know), strain through cheesecloth and a rigid coffee filter (like that comes with a new coffee maker) onto a pyrex pie plate, then just air dry the alcohol off until a thin film? Scrape results after 16-24 hours, put on a silicone mat just to warm it, fold in half and put in fridge for 15min and BAM.

Decarbed shatter (or close enough for medible use), that can then simply be "melted" into a recipe or mixed with its butter/oil (or out into a capsule, etc.) instead of trying to extract the goodies from the ABV directly into a medium like butter, etc.

Straining is already done in a simple qwet preparation like that, so generally much less chlorophyll, etc. comes over than eating it directly, firecracker'ing it. etc.

Peace!

Farid

I have tried every processing technique. I used to make excellent qwet shatter from nugs, so I know I'm doing it correctly. I just think there isn't much left in the weed I vape. I tend to use higher temps and the weed comes out completely dry and dark brown. I can press it between my fingers and it's clear the actives I want are gone. Any actives which are left carry strong sedative effects and a nasty body load which I don't want or need.

I used to save it, but it becomes a chore. And if I process it, consuming whatever I made becomes a chore.

But what really makes me want nothing to do with ABV is that it smells nasty. The best benefit to vaping is that it makes the smell of cannabis less offensive. I don't want to store a big jar of the stuff if it makes my rooms smell bad every time I open it.

Baron23

I have put 1 gram or so of AVB onto graham crackers and peanut butter sandwich. I couldn't taste the AVB but also didn't seem to really rock my world.

Really a bigger question for me is if I like the effects of edibles and to tell the truth, I really don't. Edibles are a bit capricious in terms of onset lead time, duration, and effect and the effect seems to me to be heavy, wet blanket feeling. Just feel dragged out rather than elevated at all. Some may like this, I don't hate it, but its not my favorite and I save edibles for those nights when I really need a knock out for sleep and don't care about being groggy the next morning.

I am now saving it and when I'm back up to a couple of ounces I will try to extract to butter/coco oil, maybe QWET like @OldOyler suggests (hey, Old one...you drinking that Everclear yet?! :brow:;):lol::tup:)

OldOyler

I have put 1 gram or so of AVB onto graham crackers and peanut butter sandwich. I couldn't taste the AVB but also didn't seem to really rock my world.

I am now saving it and when I'm back up to a couple of ounces I will try to extract to butter/coco oil, maybe QWET like @OldOyler suggests (hey, Old one...you drinking that Everclear yet?! :brow:;):lol::tup:)
Good idea, baron. I used to rush everything into testing thinking *little* was how you should test. Some truth to that, but not with abv.

Funny, because no I am not a drinker. (Every xx years I will have 3 double-whiskeys, always a girl) I don't enjoy it, but don't have an "issue" of any sort with it.

Tincture even isn't my thing, can't finesse it right. Cool thing about qwet extraction is it can be done for this use as an air dry if a tiny bit of alcohol isn't a problem/personal restriction.

Heck, cook that ethanol/weed mash it at 175F until bubbles stop and you have great RSO which I like because you can use it as a medible (ie- add to food or put in caps) or as a sublingual (no liver involvement) - just 10 min under the tongue (I like to add a drop of myrrh per 1g of finished RSO so that I can tell where it is "tacked" under my tongue) for 6 hours of relief. I took RSO for like almost 2 years orally, and now I seem sensitive to that route of administration or something.

Peace bud!

OldOyler,
Reactions: Receptor

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Do you put this in capsules?

No, I eat the ABV plain, as is. Sometimes it's still warm from the vaporizer. It's literally just a pinch worth, the intent is not to feel high at all and just to settle my anxiety.

My ABV usually isn't completely toasted, and if it is I don't put it in my ABV jar. The stuff that goes in my jar is a blend of stuff that's been extracted to about 374°F and higher.

It's surprisingly effective for me. I've been doing this off and on for about a year. Sometimes I get out of the habit of microdosing ABV without realizing it. My anxiety will start acting up again and then I realize I haven't been taking my ABV.

OldOyler

My anxiety will start acting up again and then I realize I haven't been taking my ABV.
Thanks VE, yeah this is why I was kind of leaning into the forum here more lately to watch. Thinking of returning to a low-dose daily RSO cap for nerves.

Peace!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
My AVB has always had resin left on it no matter what color I finish at.
@Farid if you get a chance get one of these
dKWghke.jpg

Mines x20 and I was a bit taken aback when I looked at the leftovers from my Xmax which extracts well, IMO, I was totally shocked after putting the darkest AVB from my Vapcap under it, there were still little balls of resin left.
It still gets peashootered into the wood stove.

strictly vapor

I've gradually shifted to lower temp vapor over the years and consequently my avb has gained a lot of potency. I've tried qwiso, which works great and is very strong, put it into smoothies and done quick and long soaks with butter and Coconut oil.

My current preferred method is a 20-30 minute coconut oil soak, simmering in a pot on medium-low heat (2-4 depending on the stove). I like to bring it to a fairly aggressive simmer while ensuring I don't burn the coconut oil. For me this method gives a great effect without the extreme 2 day couch lock ive experienced from longer soaks, however I am still experimenting with time/temps to find the best possible way for my needs.

For years I saved all my avb in one jar, mixing all my strains together. This will give a much stronger, much more psychoactive effect and will generally require less at a time. In the past I have suffered many uncomfortable experiences using mixed avb, with far too much anxiety to enjoy myself.

I now separate each strain of avb using labelled jars and the difference is amazing. With single strain extractions I get a nice effect with no anxiety and it is actually a great way to melt anxiety and induce sleep.

One other point worth mentioning is that I get different effects depending on how I consume my avb oil. If I want it to kick in fast and strong I will put some medicated oil in a tea. If I want a more mellow effect that lasts longer I will put it in a capsule and takes a few of those throughout the day. I find that with a tea I will get a strong peak after 2.5 hours and with a capsule it takes about 6 hours to peak, and it is less intense but more evenly spread out.

Ive added plain avb to a smoothie and achieved very strong effects which came on quickly like a tea and lasted longer like a cap, but for me and many others the raw avb is very irritating to my stomach, which is why I prefer to infuse it with coconut oil. I do think some actives are lost with the coconut oil infusion, where as with a qwiso or eating it raw you seem to get stronger effects.

My :2c:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
QWET as ISO isn't commonly available where I live and is also food safe so I don't have to worry too much about purging. Baine marie evaped as the taste wouldn't be good anyway. I add a bit of the resulting super sticky stuff to a bowl if I want a stronger hit, usually in my Lotus.

Ricardo

Lots of people are getting good results in the kitchen, I especially like Iwien's porridge recipe.... but I've always had good (i.e. effective) results from revaping at higher, then highest temperatures. Tastes kinda gross but I'll have an orange juice to wash it down. The other problem I find is that there's no way of calculating how high I'm going to get (well, apart from maybe saving and separately labelling every strain at every temperature as "strictly vapor" above does). These days I mostly chuck it out, or save it in a jar, but I like the fresh weed so much better. I did try a teaspoonful about an hour or so ago - nothing.

strictly vapor

Lots of people are getting good results in the kitchen, I especially like Iwien's porridge recipe.... but I've always had good (i.e. effective) results from revaping at higher, then highest temperatures. Tastes kinda gross but I'll have an orange juice to wash it down. The other problem I find is that there's no way of calculating how high I'm going to get (well, apart from maybe saving and separately labelling every strain at every temperature as "strictly vapor" above does). These days I mostly chuck it out, or save it in a jar, but I like the fresh weed so much better. I did try a teaspoonful about an hour or so ago - nothing.

Whether your using raw avb, qwet or infused coconut oil it's a great idea to get a cheap scale and use it to find your ideal dose of a particular batch. Each jar of avb and even each extraction can range in potency and weighing doses has helped me a lot.

This is what took me from consuming occasionally with frequent "overdoses" to consuming near daily with extremely pleasant experiences.

+1 for curry chicken!!

Top Bottom