Discontinued Hopper io

ChooChooCharlie

Got a new hopper last week, same blinking lights problem with new(gh2+gh3) battery's as well.
Cleaned all contacts but no change.
I opened a complaint a hopper labs and got a reply that i need to change the battery's....
i replied that it didn't help-no answer...
I think they have a problem with the LVC(low voltage cutoff) on the new hoppers.
@Kfirrer - sorry to hear, damn, bad things happening to good people. If I'm not mistaken, you're the genius behind the grasshopper feeder. If I'm correct, it's an additional drag for you, being in Israel

Wish I could teleport you a new GB3 for testing. Or, better yet, Max's AC adapter, which would be a perfect fault/variable isolation tool

Hope a new battery is a solution for you, and thanks again for your hopper feeder contribution

Kfirrer

@Kfirrer - sorry to hear, damn, bad things happening to good people. If I'm not mistaken, you're the genius behind the grasshopper feeder. If I'm correct, it's an additional drag for you, being in Israel

Wish I could teleport you a new GB3 for testing. Or, better yet, Max's AC adapter, which would be a perfect fault/variable isolation tool

Hope a new battery is a solution for you, and thanks again for your hopper feeder contribution
Thanks bud:)
You are too kind..

Kfirrer

@Kfirrer, yes thanks for the feeder. I wonder if you have tweaked the design at all in the last 2 years or so? That's when I purchased my previous feeder.
(bummer about the hopper/batteries/whatever -- who needs the hassle?)
unfortunately no.. i realized that the only way to upgrade the feeder is to mass produce it and stop using 3d printed plastic. but there is no economical sense to do so..

The only thing i sell today besides the feeder is the hopper holster+battery attachment, which i use daily and cant see myself without.

ChooChooCharlie

Marvin-with-message.jpg

I have many crackpot theories. One of them tells me to keep inhaling for a few seconds after clicking off. I fear residual stagnant vapor will eventually F up the sensor

Uridium

Marvin-with-message.jpg

I have many crackpot theories. One of them tells me to keep inhaling for a few seconds after clicking off. I fear residual stagnant vapor will eventually F up the sensor
Yeah, I do that too. It also helps quick cool the oven so I can load it straight away for a second bowl!

The other day I accidentally loaded the tip of the PFE with herb, pulled it out and it was all sticky with condensate mmmmm.

Must have been baked lol

jabba

Just have to post to say that the Hopper is just an awesome tool. Ya..I know about all the problems....but fortunately I've been immune to them. I traded my OG SS that I've had since 2016....still in working order...for an SS io. Battery life better?...yup. Really instant?...yup...about as instant as it could be. Form factor?...same as old...and perfect imo. The Hopper won't work for everyone I s'pose....needs differ....and I am not a heavy ripper. For me....micro toking....just a bit here and there....there is no substitute for ease, speed, form factor, and quality among portable vapes. I just love this thing. Just the perfect tool for me.

I tried the Firewood at first vape awhile back. Meh....pain in the butt.
I tried the Firefly a few years back....pain in the butt to deal with by comparison imo. Smelly too.

The ONLY other current 'portable' that has caught my eye since Hopping starting in 2016 is the DynaVap. At first I thought it just a vape dugout batt...and in fact it is...and I could not understand all of the near universal interest. I now better understand the charm of the DynaVap. If my 'situation' were a bit different I would likely be very interested in the DynaVap....but I'm happy Hopping without a torch...with just the press of a button for some brief seconds. Ease, cleanliness, stealth, form factor, truly pocket-able, powerful, fast, electric.

I don't use water/glass or any of the other add-ons...again just doesn't fit my lifestyle right now. But the fact that it works so well for me...and for those that do use glass/water etc.....I often wonder where Hopper would be right now in the pantheon of vapes had they not struggled so mightily during their first few years.

I am thankful that they made this product and I like it to bits. Ha....and no...I am not a paid spokesperson lol. I kept an OG Titanium that I had also purchased in 2016 as a backup...tempted to trade it for an io as well. Perhaps when life returns to something resembling normalcy I will make that trade. For now...happy customer.

jabba

decision over a new Hopper io purchase, for many OG owners:

as for myself, I'm both lost and happy in the new io light ... and all are welcome
lol. I just watched Poltergeist with my teenage daughter. I hadn't seen it since I was nearly her age +/-. I will say that the new SS io from Hopper is not covered in that pink slime that so often coats parties coming back through from the 'other side' lol. Oh...and don't build your house atop a cemetary....ymmv.

Coombs

Just wanted to update all that although I’m very disappointed to have needed to fire off another warranty claim immediately after my first one, but hopper support has once again been very quick to respond and is going to now send out a new back end for me. Once received I am just sending both my faulty front end and back end in one package.

Overall I am annoyed with the situation but happy with hoppers response time and action taken. I cannot fault their customer service thus far.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I don’t know if residual vapor messes up the sensor but when using glass you can see that the io keeps producing vapor for a few seconds after you turn it off. That’s a pretty effective heater if you ask me. Using this knowledge to your benefit can help improve battery life, even while using the io native.

JoeMama

Marvin-with-message.jpg

Well, at the very least, you're leaving good vapor in the potential that's left in a cooling down Hopper.
I use a bubbler, and after I fill up my lungs to near-capacity for the hit, I click off the Hopper, leaving a good 5-10 seconds to finish the hit while it is off, and it's a good 20% of the entire intake.

ChooChooCharlie

Bud did a good job demonstrating the io, big hits. I have no idea where he got those crazy mouthpiece attachments. And, obviously someone forgot to give him the "unplug, replug" mag charger safety feature warning on that slip of paper from HL

(video may not appear due to age restriction, hope it works)

scion34

Lol. So on the same day I ordered a SS back-up my Ti IO of three weeks has died, almost to the exact one-month anniversary of ordering. Nothing but a quick flash of the lights. I’ve been waiting since the 9th with no word from HL for a replacement back-end to ship that has yet to move from “USPS Pre-Shipment” to fix a separate issue that started after only five days.

I wonder what I’ve gotten myself into...

:shrug:

jabba

Yea, that were the early complaints. Why make such a portable device need a water tool or j-hook. I would like to see something like an adaptation of the nub from lamart or simrell vortex to clip/screw on to the grasshopper, making it one piece and easy to pocket
Did you test with other batteries?

Rel1979

Its nice to see this forum still running full p0wer :)
I thought id ask hereabout 2 things.
1 - hows the GH io going? Are there many faulty ones? Im thinking to get one with the discount and would love a feedback
2 - any AC adapters owners here? Are you happy with it and how can i get one? I get no response from maxvapor. Any ideas?

thanks in advance for your input guys!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I dreamt the other day I took HL’s Black Friday discount offer along with trading in my legacy (pre-order) Grasshopper Ti which still works for a new SS IO. Not even sure HL would consider this actually. And then I woke up. Maybe it’s too good to be true that I could net a new SS IO for less than $120 or so. And I’m not even inebriated - yet. We’ll see about the trade-in, not necessarily the inebriated part :lol: :peace: .

MonkeyTime

I dreamt the other day I took HL’s Black Friday discount offer along with trading in my legacy (pre-order) Grasshopper Ti which still works for a new SS IO. Not even sure HL would consider this actually. And then I woke up. Maybe it’s too good to be true that I could net a new SS IO for less than $120 or so. And I’m not even inebriated - yet. We’ll see about the trade-in, not necessarily the inebriated part :lol: :peace: .

I emailed them this morning asking this very question, I have two to trade in.

I'll post when they answer...

Mr. Me2

I’ve been thinking about and tempted by the same thing.

I decided I think I’m gonna pass because my very early og still works. I’ll say “like new” except who can remember that far back. It’s a piece of hopper history.

I recently compared it with my other very late og (I got right before the io release. I think it has an upgraded heater) using GB3 batteries in both. No question the new one runs much hotter than the true og. And abv is much darker in the new one, but basically consistent through the load in both. As is heat up time.

Didn’t expect to give a review, but that’s why I just have to keep my true og.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’ve been thinking about and tempted by the same thing.

I decided I think I’m gonna pass because my very early og still works. I’ll say “like new” except who can remember that far back. It’s a piece of hopper history.

I recently compared it with my other very late og (I got right before the io release. I think it has an upgraded heater) using GB3 batteries in both. No question the new one runs much hotter than the true og. And abv is much darker in the new one, but basically consistent through the load in both. As is heat up time.

Didn’t expect to give a review, but that’s why I just have to keep my true og.
I emailed them this morning asking this very question, I have two to trade in.
Great minds think alike! :science:

As I’ve stated before after receiving my IO Ti almost 3 months ago, the OG Hopper runs cooler - of course. I’m greatly enjoying the IO though I still think it runs too hot (vapor not to the touch) for me as native user. I’ve been acclimating to it but after a while it starts to irritate me without any external cooling. If I trade in my OG Hopper I’ll lose the low temp end of things when using natively. Don’t get me wrong, I reach for my IO over the OG these days. Maybe a mild case of VAS-19 and the trade-in potential :).

Indeed fresh batteries and GHB3s help in both my Hoppers, especially the IO. To be continued... :peace:

EDIT: the SS IO is also 5 watts less powerful than a Ti and has a different heat signature from TI from what I’ve come to understand the last several years. I’ve never tried or owned an SS, which may be ‘good’ reasons to obtain one. We’ll see...

Last edited:

vapepilot

today i tested a first time my number 3/4 SS io hoppers and i must say WOOOOW

the ABV is even darker than my number 1 and 2 which are dark like bitter chocolate

but this first time tested now is so dark like black, i will say darker than Dynavap.. really like black :)

for me this is very nice:rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom