Discontinued Hopper io

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I'll have to keep an eye on these batteries just in case. If you have a couple of batteries identify them with a marker so you can be sure if one of them begin to be a problem. If you are unsure about one of them don't leave it in the Hopper for a long period of time if you don't use it and stop using and contact Hopper if you are sure the battery is swelling, no need to risk your safety or ending with a Vape that you can't use anymore because the battery is stuck inside. I keep all the batteries for all my vapes in two fire proof box just to be sure, best way to avoid a disaster and if one of them burns I still have half of my batteries available. Don't put all your eggs in the same basket right?

jabba

Just to be clear about my previous battery observation post. These new GHB3 version batteries do not seem to have swollen....I've only had them for about a week. The two that I had ordered from Hopper are just a slightly larger diameter than the previous version 1 and version 2's that I own. Additionally, the most recent GHB3 battery that I received in my new Hopper io is exactly like my other two GHB3's...which is....larger in diameter ever-so-slightly when compared to my version 1 and 2 batts. I think this is just a different manufacturer. It seems within tolerance as it fits in the hoppers just fine...both OG and io....but the newest batts are most def just a hair bigger in diameter....consistently throughout my small sampling.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A recent warranty experience.
Back end had become unreliable; hopper would power on without being clicked, and sometimes would refuse to turn off upon clicking, etc.
HL quickly sent a replacement and I returned the faulty one, so this was another very smooth, top notch c/s experience, as far as that goes, and the io is working great.

Two things that are interesting, to me;
First, this is the second warranty claim since the purchase was new in beginning of August, so the 3rd back end I've had (and second body). I have to wonder, is the track record really improving?

Second thing of note are the serial numbers of the three back ends I've had now.
First was HS00020x; next came HS00021x, now I have HS00020x. All three in the very low 200's, and they've been shipping Hoppers for months now.

jabba

Back end had become unreliable; hopper would power on without being clicked, and sometimes would refuse to turn off upon clicking, etc.
HL quickly sent a replacement and I returned the faulty one, so this was another very smooth, top notch c/s experience, as far as that goes, and the io is working great.

Two things that are interesting, to me;
First, this is the second warranty claim since the purchase was new in beginning of August, so the 3rd back end I've had (and second body). I have to wonder, is the track record really improving?

Second thing of note are the serial numbers of the three back ends I've had now.
First was HS00020x; next came HS00021x, now I have HS00020x. All three in the very low 200's, and they've been shipping Hoppers for months now.
My new SS io (which I am currently still in love with) is HS00034X for what that's worth.

scion34

This echoes my experience with a week old Ti IO that is now awaiting a new back-end
(HT0004xx) - Doesn’t always shut off, inconsistently charges, and also it seemed to “jump track” and became very gritty/ almost impossible to turn to adjust the temp. It’s been stuck on 4.5

I will say CS was spot on and they responded in less than a day, immediately sent out a replacement.

Gosh dang do I love this thing tho, wonderful full hits paired with the Hubble Bubbler from Matt at DivineTribe, nothing else compares

Coombs

My replacement body arrived today! Gave it a little test and it appears to be working as good as ever. I did notice that the screen inside of this one is a bit different then my first. Not sure if they did a change or something.

Anyways, I will put it through a full workout later today.

fogbank

My new SS io (which I am currently still in love with) is HS00034X for what that's worth.

I have you all beat, albeit with a Ti IO. Serial number HT00002X. Just received it a few weeks ago.

vapepilot

So with the problem that the hopper does not go out when you click or does not turn on when you click,

I had also increased with my 1/4 SS io too. But it was only at the very beginning 4 months ago and now it hardly happens at all.

so it can get better too .. my other 3 haven't been tested that much. :)

Happy vaping @all with this wonderful unique product:leaf:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So with the problem that the hopper does not go out when you click or does not turn on when you click,

I had also increased with my 1/4 SS io too. But it was only at the very beginning 4 months ago and now it hardly happens at all.

so it can get better too ..
Cool to hear that the issue worked itself out for you.
I mostly became uncomfortable when it became a safety thing (imo). My additional issue was hopper powering-on without being clicked. I sometimes felt it had been warm in my pocket, all by itself.

vapepilot

Cool to hear that the issue worked itself out for you.
I mostly became uncomfortable when it became a safety thing (imo). My additional issue was hopper powering-on without being clicked. I sometimes felt it had been warm in my pocket, all by itself.
that the hopper powering-on without being clicking i had very few times 2-3 in the beginning when i lie it on my porcelain plate

or when a metal part came to the front end too. fortunately doesn't happen anymore

eideal852

Hey nowwwww.
So now, often as not, my Io blink blink blinks while I draw, often at full charge, and no hit seemingly as a result. I can usually finish the load by a do-over (it’s not every hit) but what’s up w that?
Steady half second on off on off

jabba

Hey nowwwww.
So now, often as not, my Io blink blink blinks while I draw, often at full charge, and no hit seemingly as a result. I can usually finish the load by a do-over (it’s not every hit) but what’s up w that?
I believe that per the manual this is the 'low battery indicator'. My new SS io just gave me this same blinky after using for a couple of days....and I assumed it is telling me to switch batteries...which I did.

Manual says "your io is equipped with a low power mode. when the battery is low on charge, old or the air temp is cold, it will flash the light off every second. when the battery is exhausted, the lights will flash rapidly."

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey nowwwww.
I believe HL would suggest trying a "fresh" battery.

eideal852

Yeah that’s why I stated as fresh should have clarified. This would be new gh batteries, one that came with the io and another that I purchased separately last year, but didn’t ship to me/fire/delay/yada yada and only just came after the hopper io. Both new. Bah. The second battery has literally three hits on it.

ChooChooCharlie

@eideal852 - I was having similar low battery blinks, randomly after charging, for past couple weeks. Finish that 20 sec first draw, while staring at the damn blinks, wondering, WTF, this battery is only four months old. Then it gives me a second cleanup draw without doing the blinking, another WTF

After reading your post, and the helpful responses, I figured I'd "test" the theory today. (Sample size = 1)

Got new GB3s a couple weeks ago, not thinking I'd need them so soon. The resident battery was labeled GB2, as if that matters given labeling issues. Charged fully in io, took over half hour

Friggin' long story short : YAY!

Just finished 3 chambers of Jack with it, still no blinking. Time for a walk

I know this sounds improbable, but perhaps both of your batts are weak, runts of the production batch?

Uridium

@eideal852 - I was having similar low battery blinks, randomly after charging, for past couple weeks. Finish that 20 sec first draw, while staring at the damn blinks, wondering, WTF, this battery is only four months old. Then it gives me a second cleanup draw without doing the blinking, another WTF
I had this with two batteries that were in rotation - blinking lights towards the mi-end of the first draw with the battery straight out of the nitecore charger.

found that the second bowl would often run without blinking, I put this down to the cell warming up and providing the last little bit of juice it had left.

new batteries and I’m rocking again.

eideal852

After reading your post, and the helpful responses, I figured I'd "test" the theory today. (Sample size = 1)

Got new GB3s a couple weeks ago, not thinking I'd need them so soon. The resident battery was labeled GB2, as if that matters given labeling issues. Charged fully in io, took over half hour

Friggin' long story short : YAY!

Just finished 3 chambers of Jack with it, still no blinking. Time for a walk

I know this sounds improbable, but perhaps both of your batts are weak, runts of the production batch?
Okay. Okayy, wel damn it, ill see if there’s something there. This second one does seem to treat me better after that first snag sesh. Don’t know that I’ve had it blink more than the once.

Coombs

Super sad to report that I got a whole two days of a working hopper after my warranty body arrived.

It is not completely useless like after the first issue, but it requires multiple clicks (2-10) to now stay on. Sometimes the lights will come on then turn off after a second or two. But most of the time nothing happens and I have to just keep clicking until I get lights and then I’ll get a nice draw. Super disappointed to say the least. This device is becoming an elusive tease....

vapepilot

Everyone having trouble clean the back end threads and battery terminals before writing it off. I was ready to send mine in and a thorough cleaning brought it back to life.
did you clean it with a cloth or handkerchief or with isopropanol?

vapepilot,

Kfirrer

Got a new hopper last week, same blinking lights problem with new(gh2+gh3) battery's as well.
Cleaned all contacts but no change.
I opened a complaint a hopper labs and got a reply that i need to change the battery's....
i replied that it didn't help-no answer...
I think they have a problem with the LVC(low voltage cutoff) on the new hoppers.

Top Bottom