Discontinued Hopper io

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
There is currently not a shipping delay for Hopper io and there likely will not be one unless the government tells us we cannot go to work. Otherwise, we are continuing on and only waiting on the battery as we said before.
As someone who works customer support, this is exactly how I reply to people who reach out in assumption of something negative about the company. I resonated with this. ..Maybe I just read it in the tone I'm used to typing in :D

Stoked to see these go out. Wishing you guys luck. Been using my Ti Hopper for years now without any issues at all. Still running like the day I got her. Since September 2016...so over 3 years. WOW. That's a long running hopper. Keep going buddy!
For you guys saying I'm being impatient, or jumping the gun on accusing them of a delay or whatever...please rememeber that literally not a single public deadline Hopper Labs has set for themselves since starting the company has been met without at least one or two (usually way more) delays. And that was without a global pandemic occurring. I'm just bracing for what I expect (and what is most likely) to happen and hoping it doesn't. I would love for HL to prove me wrong and actually meet a deadline for the first time since I started following/supporting the company in 2013.

Last edited:

Skinnyarbuckle

If the topic is Products For Which Hopper Labs Has Taken Money But Not Yet Delivered, then yes.
Case
Charger
io
Batteries. Okay, we give them a fire pass on the batteries...but they still fit in the category by months and months.
My warranty ss Grasshopper, now at 16 months and counting.

Despite all of the frustrations, hoppers are still our all-day daily drivers, with some others that keep things interesting. 'Effing things do the trick and the io will be a super vape. I may purchase one sometime, if money ever comes back in fashion.

I am not complaining, just waiting to see how it goes. In all fairness I have not contacted them lately. I have ordered a Case,Charger,PFE , Battery’s , silicone tips and a bubbler, before the new Ti io. I am doing my part with the cash infusions. Sooo.... maybe in May it will be like Christmas!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You sure are a big supporter!
I can announce the removal of one item from that earlier quevtch list of mine. Just got a ship notice on that ol ss warranty ghopper!
Things are looking up, at least on this small score.
Just in time to help work through the strategic reserves...

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
dsc00036.0d8c25ebdb57.jpg

That is all.

a general question: is that
Grasshopper / hopper io just only a "one / two" hitter?

or can you extend the session and pull more often as with the Mighty for example.

I only ask because my lungs can't make it with 1-2 moves. did not make it with the Herborizer Ti either.

hope you can help. because I think the hopper is so nice and am considering ordering today

thx guys

Namekian

a general question: is that
Grasshopper / hopper io just only a "one / two" hitter?

or can you extend the session and pull more often as with the Mighty for example.

I only ask because my lungs can't make it with 1-2 moves. did not make it with the Herborizer Ti either.

hope you can help. because I think the hopper is so nice and am considering ordering today

thx guys
You can knock it down to the lower settings and get more hits but for the most part the Hopper is a quick extraction, one or two hits kinda vape. :\

MoltenTiger

The temperature must be at least 410 degrees Fahrenheit because lower is no effect ;)

So I can't turn the temperature down, just can't take that much steam at once and should be able to pull more often at 410
The GH offers some nice and effective lower temp hits, it still pumps big clouds at 3.5 on the dial which is 180 C / ~350 F. It's a terpy heady hit at that temp, and because there is a lot of vapour production the efficacy is there. I tend to go for the higher temps too however, a bit more like what I'm used to.

How many hits you get really depends on the individual hopper (and largely the length of the hit), some will run hot and deplete the chamber very quickly (and are nearly impossible to use directly), others will offer many tokes from the bowl as it slowly subsides in quality, and these can be comfortably sipped from. It is dependant on the quality of the electronic pathways in the device, the condition of the battery and the heater itself, I suppose. Plus the actual contents of the chamber, the grind, the amount and the quantity can all make noticeable differences (though it's not particularly fussy on grind consistency, it doesn't handle unchopped buds very uniformally compared to a fine grind).

The io might close the gaps in the differences between the devices and the average experience people are having, but generally if it's working properly, the legacy design offers about 3 25s hits per chamber at 410 F (Temp 5 on the dial). The io increases the range of temp to 430 F, so I expect it to be more of a one/two hitter, like the existing units that run hot. Time will tell.
At least with those hot running temp units, the vapour is immediate, which will work better for 5-15s tokes. I've counted 7 seconds til proper production on some of my older units from years back. The ones I have now are very rapid and I typically hit them for 20-25s as my alternative is a Sublimator and they have to keep up with that beast to still receive love. Which they do.

Last edited:

Namekian

The temperature must be at least 410 degrees Fahrenheit because lower is no effect ;)

So I can't turn the temperature down, just can't take that much steam at once and should be able to pull more often at 410
Ha! Completely understandable, I dont vape below 400. Probably want to stick to the session vapes. If a Mighty is like sipping a nice beer the Hopper is like taking shots of some high end whiskey! :)

MoltenTiger

So if I understand it correctly it is possible at 410 degress to make more hits if you pull less
Yes, because it is 100% convection, you can click it on, take a small toke, click it off, and then return to it whenever you want. Even days later, and then keep toking away until it needs a refill. That would result in more of a micro-dose experience (relative to normal use, this device exceeds the potency of most portables), but it is a very nice balance to find between tolerance and exposure when it's the only method.

If you blast 30 second hits more frequently you will go through the chamber quickly, gain a higher tolerance and come to rely on those big tokes.

You might even get more than double the extraction time with 15s hits. Taking small hits and maximising absorption is a very efficient and pleasant way to go.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I certainly don't agree with the guys who are saying that there are only effects when vaping at high temperatures. To each his/her/their own on that one.
Also disagree that only heavy-hitters use Grasshoppers. It makes a wonderful sipping device as well as ripping device, and as @MoltenTiger says, you can put it down and come back to it later and still get very pleasant convection hits.

@dynamonster the experience is different than Mighty. Hopper is clicked on for the draw and off right away (even before the draw is finished is considered to be best practice). You can linger as long as you like!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think 5 or 10 minutes of small hits is lingering longer than a using a 1 or 2 hitter at 20-30 sec each.
Completely do-able with a Grasshopper, but it's chamber doesn't hold as much as Mighty and it runs better when not tight, so you may ending up doing two smaller chambers.
You may find you actually need a little less material than with a Mighty (I have both).

Having come this far, I have to add the usual cautions about HL; not for the feint of heart or the impatient.
And not to be purchased as unless you have a backup vape available.
But they work great.

hmm i heard from Tinymight Vaporizer which looks interest too.. :hmm:

i must thinking, clear is i need a Vapo with more Power and more degrees like the Mighty

MoltenTiger

thx @all
I do not want to linger long, I would rather make smaller runs in a row and vape for 5-10 minutes for about 0.13 grams
I might as well bust out the scales and do some 'testing' with the legacy hopper.

DSC-0331.jpg

A couple of doses crudely measured out...

They ended up being a bit visibly different, what's on the scales in the pic I measured more accurately and it did seem to be 0.13g. The other sample in the blue tray on the RHS is probably ~0.1g.

I wanted to compare the total draw time between short or long tokes until the chamber was spent. But without having accurate amounts it didn't work out as a good comparison.

None the less, both are about .13g which is a medium sized chamber, loosely filled with lots of space if tamped down.

DSC-0335.jpg

The end results shows the mass difference, yet both samples are nice and evenly toasted and about equally deplete. All hits at temp 5 210/410 deg.

20200326-065441.jpg

The effects are very pleasant...
No stirring, no fuss, barely a learning curve to get a nice bake. It's ideal in a lot of ways.

This is how many hits I got and for how long I inhaled; disregard the 07. 0.61s time.

20200326-072339.jpg

~0.1g offered 9 decent hits lasting on average 13s
0.13g offered 4 big hits, with 2 smaller ones to start and finish with. Averaging 28s.
The total time to blast the whole chamber was 2 minutes for the ~0.1g
The total time to blast 0.13g was closer to 3 mins.

To begin with, the first toke is a little light in terms of cloud production. Still a decent puff, very flavourful, and gave some rapid effect.
The second 8s hit on the RHS ~0.1g sample produced some big clouds. As did the rest.
The 6th 25s final toke on the 0.13g LHS load was whispy and not-so-tasty, which clearly showed the sample was spent.

I did a few of these hits back to back, and sometimes didn't turn the unit off between them.
If you let the unit cool down between hits, it may take some priming to bring it into full cloud production as per the 1st and second hits. But once it is off-gassing, the clouds come quick and heavy for as long as you inhale.

Because it's all convection, you can have a break between hits for as long as you desire without wasting anything, stretching the few mins a chamber lasts to hours or days.
Not many vapes can be pocketed basically immediately after use with little concern too.

These are the main reasons I value this thing so much, beyond the cordless, high potency, overall simplicity.

With the new io, you won't have to wait for blue lights either, it will be a perfect dispenser ready whenever you are. Plus there's barely any maintenance required.

Note they are best used with some type of cooling, which is what I was using the slyme adapter for in the first pic.
For quick hits, it's not necessary so much. Although if you want to get the most out of it or toke back to back for a few mins, some extra cooling makes it easier and a lot nicer an experience.

Obviously the biggest issue with these legacy units has been the reliability in the field, but it seems to me like the new wave will be a good one to catch, and if you have a solid back up and a lot of patience, so was the first.

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Almost all of my writing is done on the keyboard, but yes, when I need to sign something I use a pen.

:\

dzoinp,
Top Bottom