Discontinued Hopper io

Nube Scrutator

Cloud Searcher...
Luck of the Irish. I have 3 working (since new) hoppers. One original SS, a grey titanium and a titanium io. BTW there is a seller on the auction site offering new io's right now. NOS I suppose.

Nube Scrutator,

Farid

I'm curious, what about the Hopper do you guys love when compared with other vapes?

I've never used one, but it always reminded me of the thermovape line in many ways - great looks and feel - made from quality materials, super pocketable. But like the thermovape it seemed to eat through batteries and suffer from some serious design flaws.

Farid,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Remember the second you get it, whether the original owner had problems or not, it could act up on you and be useless... eBay wouldn't cover

I've never used one, but it always reminded me of the thermovape line in many ways - great looks and feel - made from quality materials, super pocketable. But like the thermovape it seemed to eat through batteries and suffer from some serious design flaws.

Oh, yeah, that's what I had hoped it would be when I discovered the original indiegogo soon after it closed, I ended up getting a solo in the meantime and spiraled into many vapes after that before I finally received the GH, pre-ordered as soon as those opened up wide, and it was a huge letdown lol Yes it had battery problems, heat problems, both for the body and the vapor and especially the mouthpiece tip, the full temp range dial was fantastic, but everything was terribly put together trying to be a stupid pen, I hate the clicker button and unscrewing for battery swaps was not so nice, the mouthpiece and chamber also not so nice (remember the original crowd fund design was to have the chamber within the mouthpiece so it could fully unscrew and be cleanable...) They made a great quick heater though and yeah it was super inconspicuous I just don't think it had to be a pen completely :rolleyes: Tinymight has been a much more practical evolution from Thermovape despite the different form factor :nod::2c:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I got in late, so my 2 IO’s still work, and I have a bunch of their proprietary batteries in cool storage.
Other than the tiny size, for a fantastic pocket device, I’m currently enjoying holding the HUGE, by comparison Venty (my devices are mostly home used). Granted, two almost opposite devices, NO reason to buy a product at any price, if you will NOT be able to buy ready available batteries! Unless of course you just have a burning hole in POCKET!

I recognized early on, this was a NOVELTY purchase, and had some excess funds, also made fun of their LIIFETIME GUARANTEE, obvious BS if you’ve been around long enough, that was the real “tell”.

Get a TM2 or S&B Venty, and never look back…

vapognak

I had those, stainless steel, and the titanium version as well. Never really worked, both could not keep up one draw or two at best, getting out with 8 batteries was not an option, so it became desktop units. I gifted both to friends eventually.
I now have dyna + lighter in situation "on the go".

Choices

Recently picked up a Max Vapor adapter/battery substitute that seems to work quite well. It pretty much relegates it to desktop usage although it also has a 18650 sled one can use as opposed to plugging into the wall. So it will extend the life of the devices I have for a bit…

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I forgot I think I have a complete spare max vapor PA kit that I never opened thought I would find a way to use it with the IO that does not work at all anymore seemingly lol

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I forgot I think I have a complete spare max vapor PA kit that I never opened thought I would find a way to use it with the IO that does not work at all anymore seemingly lol
I just saw that MaxVapor's site with the IO adapter, but it's $99 if it's even being sold (though it seems it can be purchased.)

I definitely recommend the PA, for the original at least. It mitigates the battery issue entirely for the cosmetic trade which is a no-brainer. That said, I did still find myself opening the body to clean the inside.

Given that my OG SS died tonight, I suppose I also have a spare Max Vapor PA kit lol.

Top Bottom