Homemade all glass halogen

Generic9909

My newest idea. It is incredibly simple, easy to make, and it works. Jerb in the center being heated by the $20-odd 250-watt halogen work light from a home improvement store with an inline halogen dimmer switch that i added to the cord. Drill 2 holes, get 2 easy to find glass hoobobbies, put it together and Robert is your mother's brother. :science: I call it Martin in honor of Steve Martin's pioneering work in arrow-through-the-head technology. :D
xkt15g.jpg
vmrbsz.jpg

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
The 'Martin' LOL :science:
That thing is cool, lets see some pic's of 'er lit up!
:cheers:

Copacetic,

Generic9909

Maybe not a killer, but it slays at the price. I only spent about $50 :razz:. And I spin the bowl to heat it evenly, but I don't know how much of a difference that makes. I'm still testing. A lot. Because science! As near as I can figure the heat is coming from near IR radiation vice convection or conduction, so that's pretty cool.

DirtyD

Awesome, this thing looks promising and also fun. Can't wait to see it evolve. Cheers, keep up the good work, D.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
First of all let me say this is pretty awesome diy stuff. Thanks for sharing it!
I would want a cover if some sort to dim that bright light, which means I would be making it, which also means I would try cutting out little holes in it to try and shoot stars in the room. Party vape! Lol

This is very clever and cheap way to try a halogen vape!

My newest idea. It is incredibly simple, easy to make, and it works. Jerb in the center being heated by the $20-odd 250-watt halogen work light from a home improvement store with an inline halogen dimmer switch that i added to the cord. Drill 2 holes, get 2 easy to find glass hoobobbies, put it together and Robert is your mother's brother. :science: I call it Martin in honor of Steve Martin's pioneering work in arrow-through-the-head technology. :D
xkt15g.jpg
vmrbsz.jpg

I need to see that in action lmfao

What a cool design.

Attach a bag to one end and hook up an airpump to the other ($15 or even less) and you've got a nearly all-glass bag blower. Maybe add a door or cover to help keep the heat in while cutting down on the blinding light. Then maybe add a small motor to make it automatically rotate for more even vaporization, maybe adapt a BBQ rotisserie mechanism or those novelty spaghetti forks.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Here is my home made all glass halogen vaporizer. I use a 20 watt Osram Halostar Starlite with a ceramic bulb holder with a light dimmer and a 12 volt adapter. I have a VapCap over the bulb for accurate temp control. This also protects the bulb from any particles. The heater has a 18mm male connection to place your cyclone bowl onto. You can also place your DynaVap directly into the heater. Here is my video with a heat test. You will hear the VapCap click when the heater reaches temp.
Here is my first creation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom