High potency edibles

BestBuds

The Dude
I wouldn't say a g is that high, wasn't that long ago I was a g+1\2 on a bad day and a g on a good day. Back then I'd take 2 ml and my oil has always come somewhere between 20-30mg/ml so a 40-60mg dose and I'd be pretty ripped especially if I was also vaping. So I don't think 100mg shouldn't affect you at all but then again I'm not your liver?!? Ask him he'll know :lol: hope you have better luck but sounds like your stuff is all oil and no THC :(
I think you're right. I started to feel it when I took 4 - 50 mg caps. I should be melting at 200mgs. Damn crooks.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My mct oil arrived recently so I am all set to make this tincture. I know my ratio is 1g of shatter to 30ml of mct oil. I want to make sure I do this correctly.

I'll put the gram of shatter in a pyrex bowl and put it in the oven set at 240F for 45 minutes or until any bubbling ends. I'll let it cool a bit, but while it is still warm I would add a gram of liquid sunflower lecithin and mix it in well, then mix in the 30ml of mct oil.

Does anyone notice any glaring mistakes? Much thanks.
Finally got to make this yesterday. My decarb ended up at 245F for 35 minutes. The only slight problem was the mixing of ingredients. I added the lecithin to the warm decarbed shatter no problem. When I added the room temp mct oil, the shatter did not mix in. The BHO hardened into a thick clump and was stuck to the stirring rod I was using. I decided to give the whole mix a few seconds in the microwave to warm it all up. After about 20 sec the mct oil heated up a bit and the BHO mixed in well.

1 ml should be around 25mg but it's all based on estimation. I had no idea of the actual THC concentration of the shatter so as I've read here, I guestimated it at 750mg per gram.
Took 0.5ml this afternoon and didn't feel much beyond maybe a little head warming. Just took about 0.8mg in my second attempt, and made sure I held it under the tongue for 2 minutes.
After about 20 minutes I was feeling pretty chill.
So far, so good. :tup:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Need some serious relief, coming off a shity t break and still feeling a little rough. Don't feel like vaping enough to put me in a coma so I decided to take the nice and easy high dose edible route, took 80mg and vaped a bowl of my strongest 27% THC bubba Kush to get me started. The bowl got me pretty high but it didn't take long for the edible to overwhelm it , now I'm feeling much better and hoping for some good sleep tonight after another edible dose in a couple hours. Dabbing is nice but I think I prefer edibles for a really intense high but I just can't always afford the time a edible lasts for.

Man it's really kicking now :o haven't felt this well in weeks! Probably going to take another 40mg....... Maybe 60:evil: And see if I can actually sleep 😴 until the morning without waking up at 1am :lol: Definitely feeling very well if a little slow and heavy. Edibles=:bowdown:

shredder

And I was still high when I woke up at 6am :lol: :lol::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

Now that's the sign of a good buzz, lol.

We give our elderly dog lasix, and because of that he has to go out and pee at least 3 times a night. And usually I'm stumbling around like a drunk, letting him out because of being stoned to the bone and half asleep. Glad no one but the dog (Squirty) sees me, (my wife feigns sleep, like an Oscar winner, lest she let him out, lol).

BabyFacedFinster

Finally got to make this yesterday. My decarb ended up at 245F for 35 minutes. The only slight problem was the mixing of ingredients. I added the lecithin to the warm decarbed shatter no problem. When I added the room temp mct oil, the shatter did not mix in. The BHO hardened into a thick clump and was stuck to the stirring rod I was using. I decided to give the whole mix a few seconds in the microwave to warm it all up. After about 20 sec the mct oil heated up a bit and the BHO mixed in well.

1 ml should be around 25mg but it's all based on estimation. I had no idea of the actual THC concentration of the shatter so as I've read here, I guestimated it at 750mg per gram.
Took 0.5ml this afternoon and didn't feel much beyond maybe a little head warming. Just took about 0.8mg in my second attempt, and made sure I held it under the tongue for 2 minutes.
After about 20 minutes I was feeling pretty chill.
So far, so good. :tup:

Had to follow up on this mixture. I really haven't gotten very much effect from this and I've tried taking 2mls a few times, which by calc would be 50mg THC. I know from using store bought edibles that 20mg is my sweet spot. I only get a mild CBD type feel from it.

I'm now wondering if my oven truly got my concentrate to 240F and if I got a solid decarb. I think I should have a temp probe in there next time. To be sure, can I put this mct tincture in the oven and try to decarb it after being mixed?

shredder

Had to follow up on this mixture. I really haven't gotten very much effect from this and I've tried taking 2mls a few times, which by calc would be 50mg THC. I know from using store bought edibles that 20mg is my sweet spot. I only get a mild CBD type feel from it.

I'm now wondering if my oven truly got my concentrate to 240F and if I got a solid decarb. I think I should have a temp probe in there next time. To be sure, can I put this mct tincture in the oven and try to decarb it after being mixed?

You should do your canna decarb alone because a carrier oil will insulate the canna oil and it won't decarb properly. For now since it's already mixed, id do a longer than normal decarb, and hope for the best.

If it helps, I learned the hard way too, lol.

Edit, I just noticed you already decarbed the shatter. I've found decarbing rosin that it is sometimes more helpful to watch for bubbles on a hot plate (I use a coffee warmer) over a set temp and time. In my nova I decarb rosin on the cbd setting, or a longer time than what's recommended for thc.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

You should do your canna decarb alone because a carrier oil will insulate the canna oil and it won't decarb properly. For now since it's already mixed, id do a longer than normal decarb, and hope for the best.

If it helps, I learned the hard way too, lol.

Edit, I just noticed you already decarbed the shatter. I've found decarbing rosin that it is sometimes more helpful to watch for bubbles on a hot plate (I use a coffee warmer) over a set temp and time. In my nova I decarb rosin on the cbd setting, or a longer time than what's recommended for thc.

Thanks @shredder. I did not see any bubbling when I opened the oven after completing the decarb. I had expected to see some evidence like a few bubbles, making me wonder if the shatter really got to the correct temp.

Great idea on the coffee warmer. I didn't didn't know they would get hot enough. I think I could adjust the temp using an old variac I have.

shredder

Thanks @shredder. I did not see any bubbling when I opened the oven after completing the decarb. I had expected to see some evidence like a few bubbles, making me wonder if the shatter really got to the correct temp.

Great idea on the coffee warmer. I didn't didn't know they would get hot enough. I think I could adjust the temp using an old variac I have.

I have 2 coffee warmers. One has 3 heat settings topping off at 167°F, that actually goes to 190°F. The other older $5 garage sale coffee warmer goes to 200°. (According to my infrared point n shoot thermometer.)

Both will decarb concentrates, but they take a while. I finish off rso/feco on them. When done the bubbles stop, it becomes glassy. Keep in mind in if anyone tried this, it could take hours, it's not generally quick.

In my nova fx I found decarbing in the thc mode didn't fully decarb rosin, but it did a good job using the CBD setting for a longer decarb.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
The canna cotton candy has been working so well, I decided to upgrade from my Nostalgia Electric counter top machine, and ordered a Vortex Cotton Candy cart. This way, I'll be able to spin 2 to 3 cones a minute, which is absolutely more than I need, but I might be able to get some friends in for a concession party, particularly if I make popcorn covered in canna butter as well.
So far, the canna sugar mixed with maple sugar is my favorite.

shredder

on an og Ardent Nova, how long for best CBD decarb?

They don't have a set time. Ardent advertises the unit has sensers that control the temperature and presumably the time.

There is a warm up and cool down period with the decarb sandwiched in between. Roughly 1.5-2 hours if I remember correctly, I don't pay close attention.

sickmanfraud

They don't have a set time. Ardent advertises the unit has sensers that control the temperature and presumably the time.

There is a warm up and cool down period with the decarb sandwiched in between. Roughly 1.5-2 hours if I remember correctly, I don't pay close attention.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the amount of time a Nova decarb cycle takes. I saw that some of the people here were using longer than the "standard", especially for CBD.

To clarify, I want to know if people use more than one cycle to maximize the potency of CBD?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The nova fx has a cbd setting. And it runs longer. I use that setting to decarb rosin, but I don't know much about decarbing CBD. In fact I don't decarb CBD buds, rosin or hash because I prefer the acid form (cbda)

I decarb CBD flower in the Nova for two cycles after a cool down of the first and infuse for two cycles in the MBM. I work with ounces at a time so the MBM is appropriate for larger batch infusions and does a good job. For marijuana it's always a smaller batch, and the best tool I've found for the task, by far, is the sous vide.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm in the process of making "enhanced" honey for tea and the like. My goal is to make honey at 80 mg THC/Tablespoon. There are 32 Tbl in a pint. 32 x 80mg = 2,560mg THC. 3 grams of my Jack Herer concentrate is 85%/gram, or 850 mg/gram.
For fun, I'm going to decarb in my airfryer: 35 min in a covered shot glass at 250 F. Then add an equal amount of sunflower lecithin and combine well. Then I'll add the THC/lecithin mix to honey heated to 160 and mix very well. By using the lecithin, it allows the THC oil to combine with water, and it doesn't float to the top.

After 35 minutes, bubbles still appeared when stirred with a steel skewer. Added 15 min.

Stony Tea
Cloudy-Tea.gif

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

The oven has proven to be a pain in the ass for decarbing consistently. I'm looking at making small batches by decarbing a gram of shatter at a time and mixing it with mct or the honey that @macbill just made. (Which looks great.)

I was looking hard at one of these little units for $100:

It has some good reviews. Anyone have any info on it? The Ardent Nova looks great, but it's just a little too spendy for me at $235.

shredder

The oven has proven to be a pain in the ass for decarbing consistently. I'm looking at making small batches by decarbing a gram of shatter at a time and mixing it with mct or the honey that @macbill just made. (Which looks great.)

I was looking hard at one of these little units for $100:

It has some good reviews. Anyone have any info on it? The Ardent Nova looks great, but it's just a little too spendy for me at $235.

I didn't like paying what I did for my nova fx either, but it's been great.

I use it a lot, not sure where I'd draw the line. I guess if you use a lot of edibles it's worth it.

Compared to what I have invested in vapes, well there's no comparison, lol.

Having said all that I do like seeing cheaper options. As long as the temperature settings are accurate, the materials safe, and it doesn't stink the house up it'd be worth it, for how you envision using it.

You could also use a shot glass on a hot plate and heat untill it stops bubbling

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I decarb my rosin in an oil bath. 2g of rosin with teaspoon of coconut oil. This is held in a suitable container and placed in pot with cooking oil. I use a meat temp probe and adjust the gas flame to try to keep at correct temp. It is difficult to keep stable temps but it works better than the oven and I didn't need to buy anything......

shredder

I decarb my rosin in an oil bath. 2g of rosin with teaspoon of coconut oil. This is held in a suitable container and placed in pot with cooking oil. I use a meat temp probe and adjust the gas flame to try to keep at correct temp. It is difficult to keep stable temps but it works better than the oven and I didn't need to buy anything......

I used to decarb something like that, but since I've read that a carrier oil can insulate the canna oil and you don't get consistent results.

To be fair I read that on ardent's web site. But in the last year and a half I've had better more consistent results using my nova, or a coffee warmer. I think the nova retains more terpenes than the coffee warmer but they both work.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have a 1st edition Nova (Ardent). I recently noticed a plethora of bubbles if stirred even though I run 2 sessions to decarb concentrate. I'm assuming (w/o knowing because I'm just another Bozo on the Bus) it's not completely decarbed. God knows I could be wrong. So I stir until fewer bubbles. Maybe it's my unit.

strech

I have the double lifter and when using it to decarb two jars. The bottom will be done in a normal cycle and the top will need to be moved to the bottom for another 1/2 cycle or so.

Top Bottom