High potency edibles

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I have a 1st edition Nova (Ardent). I recently noticed a plethora of bubbles if stirred even though I run 2 sessions to decarb concentrate. I'm assuming (w/o knowing because I'm just another Bozo on the Bus) it's not completely decarbed. God knows I could be wrong. So I stir until fewer bubbles. Maybe it's my unit.
When I decarb in the oven I take out the mix several times to stir it. There will be few bubbles visible until I stir - then froth. Near the end of decarb the froth stops happening and I figure I'm done.

shredder

When I decarb in the oven I take out the mix several times to stir it. There will be few bubbles visible until I stir - then froth. Near the end of decarb the froth stops happening and I figure I'm done.

The larger bubbles are generally water, and the smaller ones are CO2 released during decarbing.

@macbill I think by now it's safe to say ardent needs to better explain (and test like they did with herb) decarbing concentrates. Maybe come up with a better procedure.

I use the CBD setting (it goes longer than a thc cycle) on my nova fx to decarb rosin.

Next time, I'm not sure when, I'll decarb some rosin in the nova fx, then check for bubbles on a coffee warmer, and I'll report back.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Well, I read most every page on the Nova thread, and a number on the fx thread. I also read most of the amazon reviews on the Herboven too (and a few others).
I'm still on the fence with them.

I have a lot of hobbies going at the same time, and I've been having some success using a crockpot to maintain temps around 90F. I bet I could do the same at around 250F for decarbing shatter. The thick ceramic pot really holds heat and balances out the temps inside, preventing much fluctuation.

The key for me is using a variac. With the variac and a temp probe I've been able to fine tune the crock pot for a consistent temp. If I can get it to plateau at 250F and stay there, then I might try decarbing a gram of shatter in a small pyrex dish.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I can't get the jellies to melt. Bad idea.

I'm going to melt some wintergreen jellies in my Instapot and add decarbed concentrate to which I've added MCT oil and sunflower lecithin. I got to tell you, I've got "High-Apple-Pie-in-the-Sky Hopes".

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

I can't get the jellies to melt. Bad idea.

I'm going to melt some wintergreen jellies in my Instapot and add decarbed concentrate to which I've added MCT oil and sunflower lecithin. I got to tell you, I've got "High-Apple-Pie-in-the-Sky Hopes".

I was thinking of doing something similar, only with a bar of dark chocolate. How much mct and lecithin will you add per gram of concentrate? I was worrying about adding too much and the chocolate doesn't harden again.

I've seen videos of people melting gummy bears, but thought the drops of alcohol tincture on sour patch kids looked easier.

Last edited:

shredder

I was thinking of doing something similar, only with a bar of dark chocolate. How much mct and lecithin will you add per gram of concentrate? I was worrying about adding too much and the chocolate doesn't harden again.

I've seen videos of people melting gummy bears, but thought the drops of alcohol tincture on sour patch kids looked easier.

I always figure the number of doses and the total thc/CBD to get individual dosages. Those doses can be in any form. Ounces, portions, grams, or whatever. It's the total divided by the portions.

When infusing chocolate I use very little mct or coconut oil, and stir, stir, stir. If you feel you have too much oil you can always add a little coco powder to soak up some oil.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

shredder

I've read 1:1 concentrate | lecithin. I added the MCT oil just to cut it to make it easier to combine. I've done chocolate before. I don't know how to temper the chocolate so it doesn't develop a white coating. Still good. An easier chocolate to use is:

I make a lot of infused chocolate bars. I make them for my wife and I, and a handful of patients.

And I've tried several kinds of chocolate but have settled on using chocolate bars from Aldi's. $1.97 for 4.4 oz bars.

I have a variety of silicone molds from Amazon I use.

There are a half dozen types but I mostly use the 70% dark chocolate bars. They're actually high quality German chocolate at a pretty fair price. As with anything the better the ingredients the better the soup.

I've also added ground almonds, whole almonds, and sweet orange oil to dark chocolate and Oreos to white chocolate bars.

I prefer my feco over rosin or weed infused oil due to taste.

BabyFacedFinster

Last edited:

strech

shredder

Thanks guys.
Another possibility might be alcohol tincture drops on snocaps instead of the sour patch kids?

Do you think an alcohol tincture would be absorbed in the snow cap? Or simply run off the chocolate?

If I use a tincture I generally use something porous, like a cookie or cracker.

BabyFacedFinster

Do you think an alcohol tincture would be absorbed in the snow cap? Or simply run off the chocolate?

If I use a tincture I generally use something porous, like a cookie or cracker.

I was thinking about the hack where you add just enough everclear to liquify the shatter so that each drop is 10-15mg of THC. You then place a drop on a sugar coated sour patch kid. The crystalized sugar keeps the drop from running off the candy because the tincture gets drawn into all those nooks and crannies. When the alcohol evaporates you have a candy with a dose of concentrate on it (without having to actually make the candy).

If the white sprinkles on the snocaps acts like the crystalized sugar, you'll have a dose on each snocap. Just thinking.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Spearmint gummies at 20 mg/ea. It is getting easier to make, knowing the values. 2 trays at 90 ml (180ml total) is about one half the following recipe (I should have removed the foam). I added the decarbed concentrate/lecithin combo same time color & flavor.

Spearmint.gif

Spearmint2.gif

Last edited:

onmahgrizzyy

I would not either.
Just following up on this thread as an FX owner and saw you had some problems earlier stretch. Just wanted to see what the consensus was on in terms of tweaks; is it just to use A2 for rosin, and suggested settings otherwise?

Also, I saw on the ardent facebook group someone suggested there may be a difference in terms of potency when infusing between MBM and. I'm wondering if this is more of an issue when using flower. Does anyone have any insight?

strech

Just following up on this thread as an FX owner and saw you had some problems earlier stretch. Just wanted to see what the consensus was on in terms of tweaks; is it just to use A2 for rosin, and suggested settings otherwise?

Also, I saw on the ardent facebook group someone suggested there may be a difference in terms of potency when infusing between MBM and. I'm wondering if this is more of an issue when using flower. Does anyone have any insight?
All my issues came down to the power surge protector I was using. It wasn't sending power correctly toy fx. Once I plugged into the wall socket directly my issues disappeared.

sickmanfraud

Spearmint gummies at 20 mg/ea. It is getting easier to make, knowing the values. 2 trays at 90 ml (180ml total) is about one half the following recipe (I should have removed the foam). I added the decarbed concentrate/lecithin combo same time color & flavor.

View attachment 12478

View attachment 12481

Do you have a link for the gummy molds you used? Your molds look like a better bet than what I have been using.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

BabyFacedFinster

@macbill, I've seen youtube vids where people are making gummies and it looks like half the product is lost in being stuck to all the equipment used to make it.
I'm sure your process is more streamlined, but is there much lost in all the transfers from mixing bowl to squeeze bottle to gummy trays?
Thanks for the recipe. I have used Lorann flavorings before and they make a quality product.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I got gifted some beta caryophyllene and it boosts the effects a lot .. I have added it to so me tincture and it really shines up the experience. I have also success with myrcene ,but i am not a big fan of mangoes,but it also boost the effect a lot. Sunflower lecitin is also another additive i can recommend. It is not only the steps in mg,imo if one wants to take the oral experience to the next level ,definetly you have to spice it up a little bit ;)

Top Bottom