Herborizer corner

Housebroken

Hi guys,
i'm finally getting a Ti. I'd like to use it with a power supply that i already own, it appears to be the same as them but without their branding, 12V 5A, with a standard DC barrel connection (5.5, 2.1 center positive). Can someone confirm that it would be compatible? thank! cant wait to get this setup.
Here's what mine says on the back:

Input: 100V-240V 50/60Hz
Output: DC 3~12V-5A

Not sure what a standard DC barrel connector looks like, but it looks pretty similar to many other connectors I've seen in the past.

Housebroken,
Reactions: dimmusp

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Hi guys,
i'm finally getting a Ti. I'd like to use it with a power supply that i already own, it appears to be the same as them but without their branding, 12V 5A, with a standard DC barrel connection (5.5, 2.1 center positive). Can someone confirm that it would be compatible? thank! cant wait to get this setup.
Yes, you can run the Herborizer off a different 12v 5A power supply. Something like the REFC ATM would work well for it.

martatabs

Hello,

I have another Herboquestion. I am eyeing the Sherlock body for the Ti that I think I will purchase and I am wondering, can you purchase a Ti stand and use the base to fit a replacement Sherlock body on it?

martatabs,

martatabs

Hi again,

I just got the Herbo TI with the full Sherlock and stand. Great thing. I need an advice on how to place the rubber safety thing all the way over the steel handle of the injector.

martatabs,

Poostuff

Please delete
Hi again,

I just got the Herbo TI with the full Sherlock and stand. Great thing. I need an advice on how to place the rubber safety thing all the way over the steel handle of the injector.
I remember that was pretty hard for me to get on too, but I got there in the end patiently just one millimeter at a time.
I don’t think there’s a technique to make it easier, but I took the glass injector off first so I didn’t break anything.

Radwin Bodnic

Hi again,

You can use a tiny amount of soapy water on the steel handle. The rubber will slide easily. The first heating will dry the remaining water.

Hi all,

Just received my Herborizer Ti last week together with the bubbler and both microdosing bowls.

Im doubing to order the sherlock as well. But would there be much difference when you wont fill the bubbler with water?

I normally use mu volcano on 190 degrees C and my Mighty on 175 degrees C. Im still testing my favorite setting on the Herborizer. I have the feeling that I need to use the Herborizer on higher temperature setting compared to the Volcano/Mighty. What is your favorite setting (new analog power supply)

Cheers,
Ruud

RootsmanNL,

dtrdrk

Love my herborizer after a year of use. But i HATE the micro bowl. Its such a darn pain in the ass that i never use it. The glass screen is the most stupid idea ever. All material ends up in my bubbler and the screen needs isoprop cleaning after almost every use. This thing could be so perfect if they would offer a decent micro dose solution…
so im wondering if there is any third party solution for this? I just want a micro bowl with a regular metal screen as the original bowl.

dtrdrk,
I quite like the basket micro bowl from herborizer, this is a 2 glass piece model with a screen basket. Easy to fill and empty! Also very good and even extraction of the herb.

RootsmanNL,
Reactions: JonServo

Hippie

Have you tried gasket style micro dosing (.... with a male/male and a female/female adapter)?

kairos

Hi all,

Just received my Herborizer Ti last week together with the bubbler and both microdosing bowls.

Im doubing to order the sherlock as well. But would there be much difference when you wont fill the bubbler with water?

I normally use mu volcano on 190 degrees C and my Mighty on 175 degrees C. Im still testing my favorite setting on the Herborizer. I have the feeling that I need to use the Herborizer on higher temperature setting compared to the Volcano/Mighty. What is your favorite setting (new analog power supply)

Cheers,
Ruud
I always use my DigiTi beyond 300° C.

kairos,

Radwin Bodnic

Hey ! It's not my first walk around the Herborizer corner but I finally made the step to get a Ti.

I'm a newbie on FC but I have been vaping since 10 years with a Vapman, without knowing much of the vaping community and other devices, except the Volcano and the Herborizer XL.
The Ti is my third vape. Vapman since 2013, added the Vaponic a few months ago. Zero desktop experience apart a few volcano puffs back in 2014. I can say that it has took 3 bowls to the Ti to blow my tolerance up.

I don't have much to add about the device itself, all have been said in this thread, we know the wonders of the Ti and its shortcomings as well... I haven't found a way to micro dose that satisfies me. I guess I have to stick with the Vapman to slowly sip my way into a medication session. The Ti just can't be that gentle with the material...

Making huge clouds on the other hand is far easier with the Ti. At the expense of the material. Did I talked about tolerance ? Clouds and tolerance don't suit well together...

The Ti has a vape signature written in bold type. It kicks in fast and strong. Due to the amount of material it fades away slower. I was a little spoiled by this thread about how strong can it be. I must admit it is strong : the experience was intense, super clear headed and mind relaxed.

I have yet to try with the more body effective stash. But I think that the Vapman is more suited for this kind of flower.

I'm about 3 bowls in with the Ti and I'm glad I stopped at the Herborizer corner. The Sherlock slowly starts to collect resin and develop a really good smell. It is also my first experience of pure convection taste and I like it. The Ti deliver a very floral and aerial taste compared to the earthy and slightly resinous tones of my conduction devices. Vapor is super smooth on lower temps (160°C-170°C) without preheat you can actually puff it like on a pipe, it delivers super tasty vapor for 5-6 draws. On the other and at 190°C with preheating the empty bowl and taking slow, steady and large inhalations like on a bubbler, the vapor become slightly dry to the throat but it delivers a full 18mm basket screen in 2-3 clouds. What a versatility.

And I love both aesthetics and handling of the Ti…

foto-no-exif.jpg

Last edited:

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I've now had a few instances of my Herborizer Ti Enail displaying "EEEE" instead of digits, and I have to restart the box in order to reset, and occasionally unplug/replug all the connections. I don't see a mention of this error code in the manual, but does anyone know what it means or what it's indicative of?

3migo,

coolbreeze

I've got a lot of reading to do here, but can anyone share a quick take on the differences? I'm intrigued more by the XL than the Ti, to be honest; I have powerful injectors to cover big hits but a relaxing flavor session with the XL seems like it would be amazing. Is it good for that? Anything else I should know starting off?

Texus

No direct experience with the XL, but my understanding from when I was researching these was that the the Ti was the mellower option. Or maybe it was just that the Ti handles smaller loads better...

And I don't see a lot of folks on this thread going for XL. But not sure the reasons.

And Herborizer remains flavor king for me.

seki

I've got a lot of reading to do here, but can anyone share a quick take on the differences? I'm intrigued more by the XL than the Ti, to be honest; I have powerful injectors to cover big hits but a relaxing flavor session with the XL seems like it would be amazing. Is it good for that? Anything else I should know starting off?

It's been a little while since I've used mine, but I found it's a lot more forgiving than the Ti and has a longer heat up cycle, but once it gets going it's really great. It's similar to the recent Flower Kettle in that the heated air is forced to the sides of the bowl before it touches any material resulting in a different vapour signature and very even heating.

With the Ti, I generally set it to around 5.5 to 6 on the dial. Any higher and I find I accidentally combust from time to time. With the XL, I crank it to 10 from the jump and just huff away without any worry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/prgo4o

Edit: A few other things I forgot to mention are that it handles large amounts very well. I've gone up to 0.4g and it vaped evenly and completely without issue. Despite not having tried, I'm fairly confident it can do much more. The other thing that's kind of important is beyond the obvious fragility of the unit is that it's not very comfortable to use. Despite loving the performance, it gets use only on occasion due to the awkwardness of the design. The head is 23mm I believe so you'll need to ensure you purchase bowls with your unit, the standard 18mm injector bowls are much too small. I thought that there might be the possibility of it working with some of the Qaromashsop XL offerings, but I never looked into it.

Last edited:

justcametomind

Long ago I read the pages you still have to read about the two. My take is that you shouldn't bother with XL and just get the Ti.
XL takes forever to reach vaporization temperature. I went with the DigiTi which does not even require heatsoak. If you drop the XL heater you'll probably have to buy a new one, with the Ti just the glass housing.

coolbreeze

Thanks, everyone. I am still reading but your comments certainly help.
the Ti was the mellower option. Or maybe it was just that the Ti handles smaller loads better...
Interesting and useful to know. I'd probably go smaller more often.
It's been a little while since I've used mine, but I found it's a lot more forgiving than the Ti and has a longer heat up cycle, but once it gets going it's really great. It's similar to the recent Flower Kettle in that the heated air is forced to the sides of the bowl before it touches any material resulting in a different vapour signature and very even heating.
I hadn't noticed this! Thanks for pointing it out.
With the Ti, I generally set it to around 5.5 to 6 on the dial. Any higher and I find I accidentally combust from time to time. With the XL, I crank it to 10 from the jump and just huff away without any worry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/prgo4o
That looked pretty impressive. How long is the heat soak for optimum performance?
Edit: A few other things I forgot to mention are that it handles large amounts very well. I've gone up to 0.4g and it vaped evenly and completely without issue. Despite not having tried, I'm fairly confident it can do much more. The other thing that's kind of important is beyond the obvious fragility of the unit is that it's not very comfortable to use.
Could you explain more about this, is it just the bowl size and capacity? What isn't comfortable?
Despite loving the performance, it gets use only on occasion due to the awkwardness of the design.
Again, is it more than the capacity/size?
The head is 23mm I believe so you'll need to ensure you purchase bowls with your unit, the standard 18mm injector bowls are much too small.
Ah, thank you! I would do that for sure.

I thought that there might be the possibility of it working with some of the Qaromashsop XL offerings, but I never looked into it.
Interesting.
I've never tried the other models, but the analogue Ti has been my daily driver for about a year now. It's an excellent vape. I generally use it at around 5.5 on the dial.
Thank you. This seems to be the sweet spot in terms of which device and temp. Do you use it for several small loads or load it up and have a hit whenever you want, over time?
Long ago I read the pages you still have to read about the two. My take is that you shouldn't bother with XL and just get the Ti.
XL takes forever to reach vaporization temperature. I went with the DigiTi which does not even require heatsoak. If you drop the XL heater you'll probably have to buy a new one, with the Ti just the glass housing.
Again, thank you for your thoughts. Seki's awesome performance video notwithstanding, it seems like the Ti is indeed the consensus. I've always loved the look of the XL but that's relatively unimportant.

Thanks again and please, anything else that comes to mind is welcome. Really helpful!

seki

I hadn't noticed this! Thanks for pointing it out.
Here's a close up if you'd like a better look. I took this pic on the first day it arrived:
herbo5.jpg

That looked pretty impressive. How long is the heat soak for optimum performance?
Thanks! Don't quote me, but I think about 10-15 minutes. Not super quick,. but not too long IMO.

Could you explain more about this, is it just the bowl size and capacity? What isn't comfortable?

Again, is it more than the capacity/size?

Ah, thank you! I would do that for sure.
It's a little hard to tell, even when looking at it in pics because it's generally not compared to other devices. Here are the Ti and XL heads with a few of their respective bowls. The ones with the funky handles are the XL bowls, one has an 18mm joint, the other 14mm. The Ti bowl is also 18mm.
herbo1.jpg

herbo2.jpg

herbo3.jpg

Ergonomically, it's just not that great to use. I haven't really found a more comfortable way to hold it beyond this:
herbo4.jpg

The handle section is the only part you can safely grab. The power cord is a little stiff so that adds to the overall awkwardness when moving it back and forth. Because of the 2-3 finger grip, dropping it is always a concern.

Overall, it's a great experience and the vapour is among the best tasting I've had, but there are a lot of devices that do similar things or things that are similar enough that this guy often loses the reach test because others are just easier or more convenient to use.

I think the Ti is the better option for more regular or daily use, but if a unique experience is your primary motivation, I'd probably go with the XL. The Ti works great, has incredible flavour and I'm not sure if it's because the form factor is similar, but it seems more like your standard injector experience. There are definitely limitations to the XL, but there are also things it can do that just aren't physically possible with the Ti.

coolbreeze

Here's a close up if you'd like a better look. I took this pic on the first day it arrived:
herbo5.jpg

Thanks! Don't quote me, but I think about 10-15 minutes. Not super quick,. but not too long IMO.

It's a little hard to tell, even when looking at it in pics because it's generally not compared to other devices. Here are the Ti and XL heads with a few of their respective bowls. The ones with the funky handles are the XL bowls, one has an 18mm joint, the other 14mm. The Ti bowl is also 18mm.
herbo1.jpg

herbo2.jpg

herbo3.jpg

Ergonomically, it's just not that great to use. I haven't really found a more comfortable way to hold it beyond this:
herbo4.jpg

The handle section is the only part you can safely grab. The power cord is a little stiff so that adds to the overall awkwardness when moving it back and forth. Because of the 2-3 finger grip, dropping it is always a concern.

Overall, it's a great experience and the vapour is among the best tasting I've had, but there are a lot of devices that do similar things or things that are similar enough that this guy often loses the reach test because others are just easier or more convenient to use.

I think the Ti is the better option for more regular or daily use, but if a unique experience is your primary motivation, I'd probably go with the XL. The Ti works great, has incredible flavour and I'm not sure if it's because the form factor is similar, but it seems more like your standard injector experience. There are definitely limitations to the XL, but there are also things it can do that just aren't physically possible with the Ti.
ooooooh! So that's why it's called the XL! Lol! I've never seen them side-by-side. Now I see why it's compared to a mini-Verdamper! Hmmm. I think you've kind of focused the situation for me. I can see how the Ti is better for daily use. I was kind of hoping for more a unique experience but the size does look more challenging than I'd thought, in terms of lowest-useful-amount. Or does that even matter with that injector design?

Again, thank you.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Has anyone tried gasket bowl for minidosing? This one: https://herborizer.com/en/accessories-ti/123-gasket-bowl-ti-digiti.html

I'd like to buy it but the price is high (80 euro + shipping will be like 95 euro for me). In other words - is it worth the price? Is it an upgrade to standard TI bowl?
That is an INSANE price for a bowl!!!
I would run away and see if I could put something similar together!
It looks like a few glass adapters you could source individually for a much lower price!

Top Bottom